PDA

View Full Version : Raptor clutch lever and perch

Texan32
02-20-2002, 02:32 PM
To all you folks that have swittched to the MSR Raptor clutch perch and lever......what did you d about the electronic switch inside the OEM perch that lets you start the quad in gear? Did you bypass this? If so, how. Also, what kind of a difference has the new lever made?

DESDAK4
02-20-2002, 07:45 PM
It will have less pull. All you have to do is strip the wires and tape them together. Just remember to have it out of gear or the clutch in.

400MXer
02-20-2002, 07:56 PM
I have the raptor, but i wish i would have spent a little more money and got a better lever, like and RTC or Works connection lever. It works pretty good, but there's something wierd about the way it pulls, because my clutch cable is starting to fray. And the seperate piece that holds it to the handlebar broke the first day, It would still spin around my bars while i was putting it on, and the piece broke. It's really thin. I like how works connection levers bolt to the bars, more secure, and stronger, more durable. Once i get some money i'm going to order a new clutch lever.

xcntry
03-19-2002, 10:46 PM
I think that the perch and lever work great. I'd definetly get the longer lever and not the shorty. the shorty doesnt make much of a difference in the pull. definetly be carefull while tightenng up the small C part of the perch that holds it onto the bars it is very thin and will break easily.

03-19-2002, 11:23 PM
The cable fraying problem that I had with the MSR was that the threaded adjuster would get into certain positions that would cause the cable to rub and wear into the long thin part of the adjuster screw that goes into the perch. Just turn the adjuster a little in either direction and the problem will stop.

Or get the Works like I did and you will be very happy with it. I have also seen a good knock off by applied that was almost exact to the works for about 50.00 and am sorry I did not see it first.

ChadEXer
03-20-2002, 09:03 AM
There is a new company that is making some trick levers. Go to www.asv-usa.com and check them out. Marcums is stocking them now.

400MXer
03-20-2002, 02:42 PM
how much do those AVS lever's cost.

ChadEXer
03-20-2002, 05:07 PM
I think they are like $75. They are warrantied for life I think?

03-23-2002, 12:46 PM
I bought the Fly Racing lever yesterday. It looks exactly like the Works lever but it's like $30 cheaper. As for that switch...just cut the little connectors off of it, strip the wires back, twist them together, put some shrink wrap over it and then tape them against the loom.