PDA

View Full Version : 2 questions about gearing and tires

brandonpeake
01-07-2004, 06:41 AM
anyone on here run itp mud lites for when you know its going to be real muddy?
like them or not

anyone run 22's on the back, if so when you go down on the front sprocket 1 tooth does it make the gearing about equal to stock
thanks

01-07-2004, 06:52 AM
Originally posted by brandonpeake

anyone run 22's on the back, if so when you go down on the front sprocket 1 tooth does it make the gearing about equal to stock
thanks

Yes

brandonpeake
01-07-2004, 07:30 AM
you run them all the time?
how do you like them, i had some 22" razr 2's all the way around on my banshee and like the extra clearance

01-07-2004, 11:32 AM
I have a set of razr 22's and they work great in muddy conditions, and the ground clearance is great too..:cool:

400exvet
01-09-2004, 08:55 AM
I just ran a messy XC race with 22-11-9 Razr 2's with a 14 tooth front sprocket. I never got out of second gear. Mostly was in 1st wound out to the WB rev limiter. I think for those tires, the next size rear sprocket would help also. I love the tires...traction is awesome and the ground clearance helps too. The downfall is the extra seat height / center of gravity. I added one of those adjustable linkages to lower the rear when I run those tires....it helps. I may lose a little speed with those tires, but the traction and confidence I gain outweighs that. Hope this helps!