PDA

View Full Version : CRF or YZF motor in 400ex frame

Jake250ex
01-06-2004, 07:50 PM
How well does a CRF motor fit in a EX frame? What about a YZF? I would rather go with a yz, but I think it would be harder to fit right and all... but I'll do what I can. How much fab is involved wither way I go... and does anyone seel a kit like an adaptor kit or something? Would it still handle and ride right with it? I am very curious here, and have a ton of questions... Only because I'm very seriuos about doing this. and the biggest one.. ONE THE HARD SCALE OF 1-10, HOW HARD WOULD THIS BE IF

If you can help my my aol IM is quadrider47 , or you can just post :D

please dont tell me not to waste my time and get a yfz or 450r, I think i could do this one for much cheap and not much fund to go around.

nacs400ex
01-06-2004, 07:55 PM
yzf426 ;)

Mxbubs
01-06-2004, 08:00 PM
Click the link in my sig.

d-14 rider 27
01-06-2004, 10:18 PM
yzf, your gonna need to stick an oil rezzy in there somewhere along with the radiator, but the intake boot looks to be quite a bit simpler to get lined up. crf has no oil rezzy, but air intake is a real pain in the ***. i found the perfect hose to use for it, but ill be damned if i can find the part number, all i know is that it is an intake part off a gas john deere backhoe;)