PDA

View Full Version : Kid hit by a car in a atv accident.

WhiteBros400ex
01-06-2004, 06:42 PM
This kid from Kennett P.A, was ridding his quad it is a predator 500 he was comeing from one of his trails with 2 other people with him, they where crossing the road to get to the gast station and a van stopped to let them by, and the kid went and the other 2 stoped and waiting till no one was coming.It turns out a car was flying by about 60mph and hit him and it threw him off of his quad and sent him flying across the road he was air lifted by a helicopter to christiana hospital.He is suspose to be released on friday if everything goes right and if he gets out of his coma.

Real nice kid though pretty decent ridder.

For got to say his helmet was un strapped so if it was strapped he wouldnt have been in a coma.

SO REMEBER STRAP YOUR HELMET UP DOTN JUST WEAR IT.:) :) :) :)

01-06-2004, 06:44 PM
you guys shouldnt post this stuff , its depressing

Ryan
01-06-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by WhiteBros400ex
This kid from Kennett P.A, was ridding his quad it is a predator 500 he was comeing from one of his trails with 2 other people with him, they where crossing the road to get to the gast station and a van stopped to let them by, and the kid went and the other 2 stoped and waiting till no one was coming.It turns out a car was flying by about 60mph and hit him and it threw him off of his quad and sent him flying across the road he was air lifted by a helicopter to christiana hospital.He is suspose to be released on friday if everything goes right and if he gets out of his coma.

Real nice kid though pretty decent ridder.

For got to say his helmet was un strapped so if it was strapped he wouldnt have been in a coma.

SO REMEBER STRAP YOUR HELMET UP DOTN JUST WEAR IT.:) :) :) :)

That sucks :( .

I've already learned about the dangers of not strapping my helmet ;) . I'll just say it wasn't pretty!

Rrider4life8
01-06-2004, 06:49 PM
:(

LathersR
01-06-2004, 06:54 PM
Nah he was just too lazy or just in a hurry to ride.. in my book you call him a moron

Chanman420q
01-06-2004, 07:01 PM
thats something i need to start doing, is actually strapping the helmet, when i had my accident, when i woke up the helmet wasnt even on.

no point in wearing it if it wont stay on

WhiteBros400ex
01-06-2004, 07:07 PM
thats something i need to start doing, is actually strapping the helmet, when i had my accident, when i woke up the helmet wasnt even on.

no point in wearing it if it wont stay on

I agree no point in wearing it if you dotn strap it, it will just fall off when you wreck.

stonerider250x
01-06-2004, 07:14 PM
that really sucks:(

Berry
01-06-2004, 07:47 PM
man this stuff happens every day, its life. and yes its a tradgedy but we have too learn too deal with it!!! keep in mind, when you drive down the road in your vehicle, your 5 foot or less away from death;)

hondarider2006
01-06-2004, 07:50 PM
I never used to strap my helmet....it put me in the hospital. I buckel it everytime I ride now, and whoever is riding on the back with me(which would be my gf;) )

01-06-2004, 09:38 PM
i never strap my helmet but I always wear it...it takes too long, I dont wreck anwyays

Aceman
01-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
i never strap my helmet but I always wear it...it takes too long, I dont wreck anwyays

^^^
Now there is a fine example......It's kinda like people who pull there seatbelt across their chest so they don't get a ticket but don't take the time to buckle it. What's the point.:huh

WhiteBros400ex
01-07-2004, 09:58 AM
No point but to avoide trouble if you dont buckle you seat belt or buckle your helmet up then it wont done anything for you when you wreck.

Mango
01-07-2004, 10:30 AM
I hate to hear about someone getting hurt or injured do to laziness.
Accidents are going to happen. Just a fact, but you cannot predict when they will happen. I hate it when I hear of someone being injured in a car wreck then I find out they would have been less injured or not injured at all if they had worn their seat belt. The same goes for helmets.

For those of you that think you are to strong or tough to get hurt, think about this:

Dreck Thomas was the KC Chief player that was injured and later died when he rolled his Suburban on an icey road a few years ago on the way to the KC airport.
1 - he was drving like an idiot.
2 - he did not have a seat belt on.
3 - his passenger WALKED AWAY from the wreck with a small cut and some bruises.

I think he was 31 when he died. Pretty needless.

Later

wilkin250r
01-07-2004, 11:29 AM
I actually knew a kid that got hit by a car while riding. He was crossing a road, and the car ran a stop sign. Hit the poor kid so hard his SHOES came off. He was in a full body cast for weeks, I think he was about 12 when it happened.

WhiteBros400ex
01-07-2004, 01:05 PM
Yea disipoints(not sure if i spelled it right) me to see he didnt have his helmet buckled but at least he will be ok.:)

JTRtrx250r
01-07-2004, 04:52 PM
My bass players bosses kid wasnt wearing his strap buckled tight enough,hit a ditch and bit it hard...the loose strap caught his jaw and TORE it off his face,Major reconstructive surgery, he almost died b/c of it, WEAR YOUR F'n HELMETS PROPERLY!!!!

WhiteBros400ex
01-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Yea the main idead of this post was for everyony to just buckle you helmet and be safe and not stupid, or carless.

Toadz400
01-08-2004, 07:03 PM
stupid people not strapping their helmets...I don't have any sympathy for him at all.

One time when I was jumping my banshee I somehow found myself landing on the ground without my shee, i landed on my a** and smacked my head into the ground from about 10-15 feet up and going about 30-40, knocked the helmet right off of my head. it was strapped on to...so how do you know if his helmet was strapped or not?

AtvMxRider
01-08-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747

Dude I've said this before and I'll say it again. You are a ****ing idiot:rolleyes: !!!!!!!!!!

AtvMxRider
01-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Controversial
you guys shouldnt post this stuff , its depressing

I disagree it should be posted so people will wake up and realize that an ATV is not a toy.

Matt756
01-08-2004, 07:27 PM
i agree atvmxrider somebody needs to wake this idiots up

Berry
01-08-2004, 07:30 PM
it is a toy! but have too respect it!