PDA

View Full Version : Sputtering EX

mikeman828
08-18-2001, 07:15 AM
Hey all you motor heads out there, I got a question...
I bought my 93 300EX used and have a slight issue:
When my 300 gets warmed up, it sputters a little when I first give it gas and get going. Once it's up to the mid/higher RPM's it runs fine. I haven't adjusted the valves yet since I got it, could that be the problem?? Give me your thoughts..... Thnx:huh

08-18-2001, 02:02 PM
You might want to adjust your valves,, because your timing might be off, if that is the case,, that might be your problem,,,also. is your quad stock? or did ever have a pipe on it,, it might be your jetting,, if it is jetting,, it is rich,, its clogging up early, i might want to go down a jet size , and work from there,,,ok good luck with it... :devil

Stevo
08-19-2001, 05:55 PM
Clean the air filter, change the plug, change the oil, adjust the valves and possilby clean the carb.

MARCUMS ATV
08-19-2001, 07:56 PM
Drain the carb, take the 17mm nut off the bottom of the carb and clean out the crud that accumulates there. One drop of water will make your bike sputter. Start there and then get yourself into a routine of doing maintenance on your quad. I also have two air filters so I always have a clean one ready just incase that unplanned ride comes up.

Terry