PDA

View Full Version : How do you get rid of arm pump?

slosh13
01-06-2004, 02:42 PM
What do all you guys do to get rid of arm pump. Any exercises you do to reduce the amount of arm fatigue? :huh

gibson400ex
01-06-2004, 02:56 PM
what you mean? if it is about exercising, try to do arm curls, free weight lifting, and some other stuff.........my mom owns a fitness place so that is hwo i am going to get into shape this year..........:muscle:

REC
01-06-2004, 03:01 PM
ride ride ride

Oh yea, if you are 40 or older arm pump never goes away!!lol
:blah:

dirtmomma
01-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by REC
ride ride ride

Oh yea, if you are 40 or older arm pump never goes away!!lol
:blah:

OH MAN only 4 years & it will be permanent hell I thought it was @ 35 ROFLMFAO!!!!

FourFiftyFour
01-06-2004, 03:12 PM
eat noodles or yogurt before u ride

Crazy4bluEx
01-06-2004, 03:20 PM
I have heard taking 2 asprin will do the trick, because it is a blood thinner....?? anyone had sucess with this?

GrInDeR400ex
01-06-2004, 03:21 PM
ride everyday, do longdistance wheelies, that helped me

UglyMotha™
01-06-2004, 03:22 PM
i find that pouring chocolate all over my arms and letting the dog lick it off works the best :o

Teufel
01-06-2004, 03:29 PM
Asprin helps, also massage your forearms just before a race. I found that the more I ride the less arm pump i would experience.
Remember when you are out trail riding or practicing and your arms pump, don't stop to rest work through it.

You can work do a number exercises to work the forearms. Be sure to do high reps, do not train your forearms like a bodybuilder or power lifter.

ledofthezep
01-06-2004, 03:43 PM
Become a compulsive masturbator! Alternate arms!:D :p

whitezryder
01-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by ledofthezep

rofl, thats my trick too

AtvMxRider
01-06-2004, 04:04 PM

Hey it works..........:D

JDiablo
01-06-2004, 06:13 PM
dats some funny stuff,i think i heard something bout asprin but what i would do is if im in a wide open area no tight trails or w/e let my arm off da handlebar real quick and wiggle it or the alternative

Become a compulsive masturbator! Alternate arms!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mxbubs
01-06-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by slosh13
What do all you guys do to get rid of arm pump. Any exercises you do to reduce the amount of arm fatigue? :huh

I just cut my arms off to get rid of it....:D

Tommy 17
01-06-2004, 07:46 PM
i joined a gym and started lifting 2 weeks ago every other day... WOW do i feel alot better...

i can't wait to see if it helps with arm pump...

i been doin this thing where u get a old rollin Pin from ur moms kitchen... put a 10lbs weight on it and about a 3ft rope and wind it up and down 10 sets of 3... OMFG do my arms burn after that!!! and i can't close my hands haha

K_Fulk
01-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Crazy4bluEx
I have heard taking 2 asprin will do the trick, because it is a blood thinner....?? anyone had sucess with this?

That seems to help along with drinking a lot of water.

I have been doing wrist curls lately 20 lbs 4 sets of 30.

hondarider2006
01-06-2004, 08:07 PM

you stole my idea:p

RaptorRacer121
01-06-2004, 08:10 PM
Ya i do the same thing as Tommy 17 with a bar, but i have been working out for a while now and rarely ever get arm pump.

Out_Sider
01-06-2004, 08:14 PM
i been doin this thing where u get a old rollin Pin from ur moms kitchen... put a 10lbs weight on it and about a 3ft rope and wind it up and down 10 sets of 3... OMFG do my arms burn after that!!! and i can't close my hands haha

thats it! i do the same thing only with a 15 pound wieght..hard CHIT :muscle:

Tommy 17
01-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by K_Fulk
That seems to help along with drinking a lot of water.

I have been doing wrist curls lately 20 lbs 4 sets of 30.

:eek2: my wrist would snap off:o :p

and the sad part i end doin 30... u send up doin 120 with double the weight:mad: :blah:

K_Fulk
01-06-2004, 08:18 PM

Plenty of practice. :blah:

A4StrokeGuy
01-06-2004, 08:59 PM
I've been going to the gym almost everyday. I do agree on one thing though, high reps is where its at. If you can do alot of them your fine, you just have to keep pushing yourself, dont stop when you get tired! Destroy the pain, dont let it destroy you. I figure if you dont have the fastest quad in the world atleast you'll be in shape and on the last lap just ride by everyone:macho

jordan

sickyellow400ex
01-06-2004, 09:23 PM
have u ever seen the dirtbike movie on the disney chanel where the girl want to race and her dad wont let her so she pretends she her brother that races. then before a race she had her nails painted and a guy asked her what the nail polish was for and she sed it cuts down on arm pump.

Nausty
01-06-2004, 09:41 PM
yup, a lot of people don't take a lot of care of themselves and this can help a lot. You'll gain so much distance on people near the end of a moto when everyone is getting tired while in the mean time your just getting warmed up and pounding through everything with no remorse.

Tips:
drink lots of water in general
eat something little before and after each moto
asprin helps a lot but be careful. If you crash you will bleed a lot more.
the metal bar w/ a rope and a weight at the end is pry about the best thing. Low weight, lots of reps and go for as long as you can and then go more.

Also in a race you don't always have to muscle around the quad, its 400lbs and most of the time it will do what it wants. The best thing to know how to do is when to let her buck around and when to tighten up the reigns.

Try to get a flow going through out the race to where you barely have to "muscle" it around.

I'm pretty sure heavy weight training makes it arm pump worse also.

Martin Blair
01-06-2004, 09:56 PM
ride lot, i take 2 advil and use icy hot on my arms when its warm it works great to keep your arms feeling good

Braff1
01-06-2004, 11:18 PM
Arm pump is the result of the accumalation of lactic acid in the muscle tissues. As the muscle tissue break down from use the lactic acid builds up and is carried via the blood stream to be filtered out by the kidney.

So, what can you do to prevent arm pump
1) fluids, water, gator aide, etc. not sodas. this increasess the circulation volume and increases the ability to remove latic acid more rapidly.
2) Asprin, decrease platelets (these are fibers that help for clots) thereby improving cirulation. Be careful if you have history of bleeding ulcers.
3) Exercise, a) improves muscle stamina to prevent break down of tissue to form Lactic acid. b) improves cardiac output making the heart work more efficently thereby improving circulation.
4) Stretching before race, massage, heat. Increases blood flow to muscles before race to improve with the removal of lactic acid and improves muscle stamina.

Now you know what causes it and how to treat it.

01-07-2004, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Braff1
Be careful if you have history of bleeding ulcers.

Yuup. I'll never take asprin again before a race...:mad:

Lots of water days before a race helped me more than anything..:macho

cody anderson
01-07-2004, 07:18 AM
ride a 40 min. moto 3 times a day...

01-07-2004, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by cody anderson
ride a 40 min. moto 3 times a day...

:mad: :mad:

Some of us work during the day, And with it only being light for about 10 hours a day that doesn't help either...:mad:

cody anderson
01-07-2004, 09:55 AM
just put a bunch of flash lights in the trees and on the track...:confused:

wilkin250r
01-07-2004, 10:26 AM

So THAT'S why I never get arm pump. I've been prepping myself since I was 12 and didn't even know it!

ledofthezep
01-07-2004, 12:30 PM
So THAT'S why I never get arm pump. I've been prepping myself since I was 12 and didn't even know it!

LMAO!:D No kidd'n...:blah:

LTandRaptorider
01-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by wilkin250r

The only downside... I have to wear glasses all the time now! :rolleyes: