View Full Version : brakes

zlam27
01-06-2004, 09:58 AM
what kind of brake pads is everyone running? what brand are the stock pads and what are some good aftermarket brake pads? just curious to see what everyone has liked and disliked.

thanks,
zach

MooseRacing
01-06-2004, 12:54 PM
DP standard on the rear and DP pro MX on the front.....I also use the Moose pads which are built by DP (a little better for the mud)

01-06-2004, 01:00 PM
some generic brand off ebay...there holding up very well for how much $$$ they were

JDiablo
01-11-2004, 11:41 AM
idk about EBC brake pads,i just ordered some and waiting for them to come in,for now all i can say is u gotta wait till thursday for an answer

mack400ex
01-11-2004, 03:07 PM
ebc are bad. ive been runnign them on my 400 and i dont race and donbt even use my brakes that much and they wear very fast. i made sure they werent stickin and all, its the pads they wear extremely fast! if soemone has a better brake out their please tell me!

Silverfox@C&DRacing
01-11-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by MooseRacing
DP standard on the rear and DP pro MX on the front.....I also use the Moose pads which are built by DP (a little better for the mud)

That is good to know about the moose pads..
I use the DP std front and rear. I really like these pads.

250rider
01-12-2004, 05:59 PM
ne body use the new tusk brake pads yet?? their only 15 bucks a set, how good could they possibly be.

JD400exrider
01-13-2004, 12:07 AM
Dp is short for ? Where do you get DP Are they better than oem pads. Need to get some front brake pads very soon.

Silverfox@C&DRacing
01-13-2004, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by JD400exrider
Dp is short for ? Where do you get DP Are they better than oem pads. Need to get some front brake pads very soon.

Not sure what DP is short for, I would say they are just as good if not better than the OEM pads as for wear. For all the different pads we sell I don't think I will ever change brands :)

Pappy
01-13-2004, 09:54 AM
O/T but for anyone wearing out rear pads extremely fast check the rear brake lever. ive seen many quads that had an interference problem with either an aftermarket clutch cover and improperly or bent nerf mounting plates.

remlapr
01-13-2004, 10:14 AM
EBC makes several different version. I think the SV's are the ones I'm running now and they last longer then stock.

david kelsch
01-13-2004, 02:00 PM
DP stands for Dunlo Pad

I did a product review one time for a magazine on a set of these pads for a Polaris. The fact sheet included made them sound like the best thing ever. They have a cereamic coating on the back of the pads to deflect heat. They use some pretty high tech materials and manufacturing process to ensure even particle dispursement and compaction. I didn't put a lot of time on them but they did wear very well and stopped great. They only draw backs to them are, of course the higher price, unless the have dropped in price, as well as, harder pads wear brake rotors faster. I usually bend mine before I wear one too thin anyway so it doesn't make a difference. They should be available from many stores. I pretty sure the wholesalers like Parts Unlimited and others are selling them. Everyone likes to suggest trying C&D racing cause they support this website.

01-13-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
EBC makes several different version. I think the SV's are the ones I'm running now and they last longer then stock.

ebc are good brakes...u just need the right compound