PDA

View Full Version : which bars?

crashinmatt
02-20-2002, 11:53 AM
I am going to be buying and aftermarket steering stem for my 400ex. At that time I planned on getting new handle bars. I', stuck on which ones to buy. I'm looking to buy either protapers, tag T-2s or renthal fatty bars. I want the bigger, stronger bars. Which of these 3 would be the best. I know I need different mounts, so that isn't a problem. Also, what bend would be best? I hear a lot of people with the CR-high bend, is that a good bend?

330EXman
02-20-2002, 01:56 PM
dude these bars are so close in performance i think that it is just preference i would go with the renthal fatty's. i have always prefered and bought renthals. alos i would order them in the CR bend. i like the low bend but that is another thing to consider do you like to race or trail ride. that should influence your dissision. but any way you go you wil be happy

crashinmatt
02-20-2002, 02:51 PM
I am mostly going to be racing. I am currently running renthals, but they are the standard ones. I like them. I see a lot of the top racers running the CR-high bend. How much difference is there between them(CR-high and -low bends)?

330EXman
02-20-2002, 03:44 PM
well there is a big diffderence. the low is problay 3 inches lower i think. atleast i know that i have low bend for Mx racing and i love the lower bend but i all depends on your riding style if you stand all the time you want the high bends but if you do trails and woods stuff like that where you arent standing all the time you would like the low bends. i mean i stand alot to but i still like the low bends

i guess go with your preference

later man

if you ever need any 300ex parts look me up in the classifieds

02-20-2002, 07:50 PM
I have Pro Taper's in the CR hi-bend and love them, one of my friends has Tag-2's and I can't tell the difference. Honestly I think it is all what you get used too. My suggestion would be Pro Taper's, I've never seen a pair break, or bend.

The Treehugger

2002 Yellow 400EX
DG SuperTrap Full Exhaust, (Jetted for it too)
PEP Steering Stabilizer and EZ pull clutch lever
Pro Design Kill Switch, NACS Parking Brake Block
PRO TAPER Handle Bars with ACERBIS Brush Guards
NACS Foot Peg Extenders and Case Saver
Bandit XCR 23X7X10 Fronts
PRM Swing Arm, Frame Guards, Summit Front Bumper
KN air filter, 14t Renthal Front
In the mail- Bandit rears, AC Pro Peg nerfs
Soon to come maybe, just maybe ELKA ZPS