PDA

View Full Version : Stuck Muffler to header pipe

Rescueme
01-05-2004, 10:38 PM
I can't seem to break loose my muffler from the header pipe. All CT racing, ceramic coated. Have tried everything but a hacksaw, and I'll be danged if thats going to happen with what them muffler systems costs. Suggestions would be much appreciated!!!

Martin Blair
01-05-2004, 11:01 PM
might hrut the finshi put take a plumers torch and heat up the silencer, or mybe start it up tp try to ehat it up and break it loos, or try rotating it, i have to always rotate my lrd to break it loose.

01-06-2004, 10:39 AM
rotate it & pull ;)

cals400ex
01-06-2004, 11:56 AM
when you do break it loose, you might want to put some antiseize at the connection next time. that is what is recommended when using the sparks pipes.

Rescueme
01-06-2004, 07:39 PM
Thanks guys, I've twisted and pulled so many times its sore. Guess I'll have to try the torch, sure hope it doesn't blue the silencer.:(

d-14 rider 27
01-06-2004, 10:36 PM
wrap a chain around the silencer, and hook it to a tree and just drive off with it, just like gettin a reese hitch outta the receiver:blah:

shamisc
01-07-2004, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Rescueme
Thanks guys, I've twisted and pulled so many times its sore. Guess I'll have to try the torch, sure hope it doesn't blue the silencer.:(

It shouldn't blue. Try the torch but keep it moving not letting it heat one place more than another. A minute or so should do it, and have somebody trying to twist it back and forth while you heat it. YES, MAKE DAMN SHO' YOU PUT PLENTY OF ANTI-SEIZE On both joints when you put it back on!!