PDA

View Full Version : Dropping The Ball

xclratn
01-05-2004, 09:15 PM
Honda has really dropped the ball on this 450. I can't believe how many people have said forget it, and have gone with the yfz.
I my self am considering the Yamaha because up here in Canada
We will not see them until about March or April. It would be nice if Honda would get off their ***'s and get these machines out to the people. If Honda wants to keep their owners loyal they should be giving out free HRC kits with every purchase. Let's just hope these TRX450r's are everything were expecting and some?

That's my 2 cents!
:grr:

foutrax42
01-05-2004, 09:42 PM
no kidding im gonna go with a yfz if its not out in 2 weeks or less for the national in feb.... this is just plain pathetic... im really sick or waiting:mad:

r450rr
01-06-2004, 03:44 AM
lol.... bluetraxx for u then..maybe u should be appreciating the fact that they are taking there time to release it.. and not just rushing it like ,,, cough cough..yamaha

bildo696
01-06-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by r450rr
lol.... bluetraxx for u then..maybe u should be appreciating the fact that they are taking there time to release it.. and not just rushing it like ,,, cough cough..yamaha

Actually Yamaha didn't rush theirs, it had been in the designing stages for almost 4 years.

seven
01-06-2004, 01:46 PM
And even if it was a rush job theres not a whole lot to complain about. For the money its the best quad out right now!

jb500ex
01-06-2004, 03:47 PM
both quads have been done for a year and they were trying too outlast each other. i don't understand why but that is the case.

HondaQuadKing
01-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Ok first of all yamaha does rush everything, I dont know if any of u noticed, but after the crf 450 came out yamaha immediatly upgraded their yzf to a 450. You will also notice that every year yamaha refers to there models as Completely re-done and stuff like that....where honda does it right the firt time. While yamaha redesigns the chassis, and completely rebuilds the engine. Honda meerly tweeks it. Where yamaha starts over everyyear honda just up grades. Im not against yamaha though, there is just no chance in h*ll i would ever buy one. Im honda loyal and always will be.
And by the way, if i cant spell, feel free not to tell me, i really dont give a s*it!

86atc250r
01-06-2004, 04:03 PM
Oh gees --- here we go again.

Anyone still wonder why quads are not usually announced until they're ready???

Bottom line - buy what you want, you're not going to hurt anyone's feelings.

XC250R
01-06-2004, 04:07 PM
I say all of you can go buy the Yammie, and give me a better chance of moving up on the list. :D

29FTEX
01-06-2004, 04:39 PM
As Tom Petty says: The waiting is the hardest part.:cool:

AtvMxRider
01-06-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by 86atc250r
Oh gees --- here we go again.

I agree. I'm tired of hearing about the new Honda if you want to know the truth. I love Hondas but I wouldn't get the 450r if they were giving them away. I think it is the ugliest quad I have ever seen.

bildo696
01-06-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by HondaQuadKing
Ok first of all yamaha does rush everything, I dont know if any of u noticed, but after the crf 450 came out yamaha immediatly upgraded their yzf to a 450. You will also notice that every year yamaha refers to there models as Completely re-done and stuff like that....where honda does it right the firt time. While yamaha redesigns the chassis, and completely rebuilds the engine. Honda meerly tweeks it. Where yamaha starts over everyyear honda just up grades. Im not against yamaha though, there is just no chance in h*ll i would ever buy one. Im honda loyal and always will be.
And by the way, if i cant spell, feel free not to tell me, i really dont give a s*it!

Every company does those "upgrades", including Honda as well. Each company does their own upgrades to their machines as they see fit, to stay competitive. Yamaha does not rush things any more than Honda does, or any other company for that matter. They do what they have to do to stay competitive. I have never been a brand loyal person, but it annoys me to see people bashing or throwing accusations toward other companys. All have their strong points, as do they have their weaknesses, but they (mainly Honda and Yamaha) do their best to stay competitive with the rest of the market.

4fiddyR
01-06-2004, 06:05 PM
well said 696

AlaskaSpeed
01-06-2004, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by bildo696
Every company does those "upgrades", including Honda as well. Each company does their own upgrades to their machines as they see fit, to stay competitive. Yamaha does not rush things any more than Honda does, or any other company for that matter. They do what they have to do to stay competitive. I have never been a brand loyal person, but it annoys me to see people bashing or throwing accusations toward other companys. All have their strong points, as do they have their weaknesses, but they (mainly Honda and Yamaha) do their best to stay competitive with the rest of the market.

AGREED

I can see now that all the whiners will be the ones on the Hondas....you guys are pathetic to listen to. You whined for years waiting for the new Honda, then when it was announced you whined about details about it. Now you whine more over stupid $hit. Worse yet, you have morons that don't know their head from their ***** on here bashing Yamaha....you all need to STFU and ride..........JIM

ROGERS
01-06-2004, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by XC250R
I say all of you can go buy the Yammie, and give me a better chance of moving up on the list. :D

Yeah, good idea. Oh wait a minute, I'm first on the list.

01-06-2004, 07:32 PM
You all need to quit acting like a bunch of little girls. We all share the same interest in off road riding. We need to stick together. Take your hostility to the Green Peace website.

THANKS

DONKEY
01-06-2004, 07:36 PM
Hey Rogers, where are you getting your 450r? I am first at BCS, looks like me and you will be some of the first in NE Oklahoma to have them. Are you ready for it. OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

01-06-2004, 07:37 PM
I am first on the list for mine also WOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!

Sandgod4
01-06-2004, 08:18 PM
and in 6 months the 05's will be out w/ the new 450Z....

Andy479
01-06-2004, 08:32 PM
I think it will be late 04, early 05 before the Z450 is out.....hell, the dirtbike aint even built yet!

crucial si
01-06-2004, 08:58 PM
im considering getting the yamaha also...i hate not having a quad sitting in my garage. i sold my other quad to pay bills so i can get the R...ugh...

r450rr
01-07-2004, 12:42 AM
ok lets not argue i agree we should stick together,,,but this thread is((( honda dropped the ball)) and i hate that, because they didnt and they havnt yet ,, people shouldnt even be thinking like that yet.. atleast they are realising there problems before they release it to the public..and i admire them for that.. i am second on the list at my local dealer.. i want it just as bad as everyone else. but i can wait longer and not whinn as long as they are fixing something and double checking... guys, there not just doing this to piss people off and make everyone mad that has been waiting so long.. maybe they just didnt think something was good enough to throw on there and they are changing it at the last minute..

also the person that said they are tired of talking about the 450R.

why are you even in the TRX450RINFORMATION. forum.. that doesnt make much since. and also they look sweet most people would agree with me.. (it grows on ya)

ROGERS
01-07-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by DONKEY
Hey Rogers, where are you getting your 450r? I am first at BCS, looks like me and you will be some of the first in NE Oklahoma to have them. Are you ready for it. OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am getting it at Pro-Cycle in Springfield, Mo. And trust me I have been ready for quite some time. :D You comin' to the Tulsa AX?