PDA

View Full Version : 400EX Vibrations

K400EX&A250EX
02-20-2002, 10:58 AM
Do any of you that ride 400EXs at the dunes have a problem with the front end or lights vibrating? I just had mine to the dunes for the first time last week and at certain speeds and RPMs the vibrations seemed ALMOST as loud as my Big Gun pipe. I checked all of the fasteners and connections and everything was tight. I noticed that my Brother-in-Law's 400EX vibrated as well. Neither of them seem to vibrate at all when riding in the desert, and it only happened at certain speeds and RPMs.

Is this just a matter of the combination of the paddle tires and engine at certain speeds and RPMs causing a resonance or could it be a sign that the bike isn't running right? Both bikes seem to run great.

TRFOXX
02-20-2002, 02:01 PM
I would check your skid plates, I had that problem also but the noise was coming from my DG belly skid.

02-22-2002, 04:12 PM
400EX's aren't the most vibration free motors to begin with. You did mention something about your headlights. The headlights are poorley mounted and often the headlight frame breaks where the two screws on the bottom attach it. So if its you headlights vibrating I would check this.

FoxRacer400ex
03-12-2002, 06:12 PM
Sometimes when I am going fast on my 400ex I notice that the tools in the toolbox make a lot of noise so I put some paper towels in it with the tools so they stop rattling. 400ex's dont have a lot of vibration in the engine though. Not near as much as a Raptor.

fooracer
03-12-2002, 10:33 PM
My dads 400ex does the same thing in the dunes, not in the desert but in the dune and on the track it always vibrates. He says He doesnt notice it but I think its just because he doesnt ride it like its got 400cc's. I only felt it after we put on the fly handle bars though, could a better clamp kit help absorb the shock? I dont care either way when i get my 400 im putting tag t2's on it.
Brad