PDA

View Full Version : rode yfz...not impressed

440exnacsracer
01-05-2004, 06:27 PM
i rode a yfz this weekend, and im really glad i kept my predator, though its not the most reliable thing out there. im 6 ft 4 and i was really cramped. i felt as though it was built for my 12 year old brother! the power wasnt as impressive as i had my hopes up for, and it even had a t4 pipe on it (which sounded like crap, especially next to my friends raptor with a titanium 4. we also dragged a few times and my pred only has a k&n and airbox vents, and we were even for the most part. there was one guy who had a z400 and wouldnt say what he had done, and though it looked stock from the outside, man this thing would move, even beat a z440 w/ alba pipe, and i would say they were equal riders because i saw the guy on the 400 race on other quads. lata
Ben

LathersR
01-05-2004, 08:09 PM
I thought the yfz450 was pretty damn fast.. got comfortable easily too.

Chanman420q
01-05-2004, 08:14 PM
never ridden one, but theres always gunna be someone who doesnt like something, because if we all liked the same thing, we wouldnt have a variety to choise from

01-05-2004, 08:32 PM
polaris is good?

Toadz400
01-05-2004, 08:38 PM
Originally posted by Controversial
polaris is good?

lmao!

i rode the yfz450 and i thought it was awesome, i was very comfortable except for the handlebars...i'd get different ones, oh and it need some nerfs, but other than that...i fell in love:)

01-05-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
lmao!

i rode the yfz450 and i thought it was awesome, i was very comfortable except for the handlebars...i'd get different ones, oh and it need some nerfs, but other than that...i fell in love:)

yeah those handles bars really suck, the bent down and back isnt for many people

markeg192
01-05-2004, 08:41 PM
Ive never rode one but been beat by one and they are pretty fast but so is the Predator. It really seems like all the manufacturers are serious about building fast quads these days.

Out_Sider
01-05-2004, 08:45 PM
never have rode one :( , but i want to ride one sooooo bad :macho

Toadz400
01-05-2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Controversial
yeah those handles bars really suck, the bent down and back isnt for many people

yea i know, at first i thought it was just because the guy had hit a truck...he was flying around a corner on his private land and some guy parked his truck there because he was "looking for land" on private land?:confused: . Anyway, he locked up the brakes, slid sideways and was pinned up against the truck at 35-40 mph...the guy didn't even help him out or anything, but surprisingly nothing got bent on the yfz at all, not even the plastics, (even though he was on his side).

kinda feels like harley bars:blah:

01-06-2004, 06:31 AM
im not as excited about the crf/yfz sport quads :confused:

RUNMYTA
01-06-2004, 08:14 AM
I have rode my buddies YFZ several times. They do run strong, but I think that they handle funny. I know I am comparing apples and oranges, but the YFZ felt to me that it had a lot of body roll. Every time I would go into a corner it wanted to dip and the front wanted to roll over. Plus I had no problem out running it with the LRD 300R:blah:

Plus if you have been watching the GNCC races, I think that seeing Chris Borich smoking the 4 strokers in the open fields was pretty cool.:cool: But being the fastest doesn't always mean you are the best.:(

honda350r
01-06-2004, 12:07 PM
I like working on the YFZ but as far as comfort, I have had skateboards that are more comfortable to ride !!

I ride 250Rs ,now that is a comfortable ride !!

Crazy400EX
01-06-2004, 12:41 PM
I rode the YFZ and its the best! Its my friends, it fit me good and im 5 3 about 105lbs. He's 5 10 or something and about 200lbs. The handlebars are uncomfortable so he got new tag ones that just came in yesterday so we havent tryed them out. He also got a blue hmf full system pipe and a k&n air filter.WOW! that thing is loud AND fast:eek: There's no comparison and the with the preditor......i dont see you beating one anytime soon. Just look at the video's on www.bluetraxx.com.

lol
01-06-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Crazy400EX
I rode the YFZ and its the best! Its my friends, it fit me good and im 5 3 about 105lbs. He's 5 10 or something and about 200lbs. The handlebars are uncomfortable so he got new tag ones that just came in yesterday so we havent tryed them out. He also got a blue hmf full system pipe and a k&n air filter.WOW! that thing is loud AND fast:eek: There's no comparison and the with the preditor......i dont see you beating one anytime soon. Just look at the video's on www.bluetraxx.com.

Yo dude, first off bluetraxx is a yamaha site, wtf, do u think there gonna show a pred beating a yfz...... uh.... no

on the other hand, i like yfz's and preds, i would take either one, probably a yfz cause i am not that tall

01-06-2004, 02:37 PM
yo yo sup jake...nice job representing the TERMINATOR (YFZ)...ye ye...now...man...i suggest you non believers of the YFZ go race one or come race me and see how it feels to get CRUSHED..bring the hondas, polaris's, bombardiers, kawasakis, suzuki...hahah gone...i love the 400ex and all the ex's but i doubt there will be anything as dominate as the yfz cause we all know the honda 450..wont stand a chance...ye ye..i mean the yfz responds soo good to lil mods like exhaust and k and n filters. I havent even done the cam mod yet and this thing will eat pretty much anything and spit it back out..im out doggs...YE YE...REPRESENTING MILLLY DOG..YE YE

seatec
01-06-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by sammy
yo yo sup jake...nice job representing the TERMINATOR (YFZ)...ye ye...now...man...i suggest you non believers of the YFZ go race one or come race me and see how it feels to get CRUSHED..bring the hondas, polaris's, bombardiers, kawasakis, suzuki...hahah gone...i love the 400ex and all the ex's but i doubt there will be anything as dominate as the yfz cause we all know the honda 450..wont stand a chance...ye ye..i mean the yfz responds soo good to lil mods like exhaust and k and n filters. I havent even done the cam mod yet and this thing will eat pretty much anything and spit it back out..im out doggs...YE YE...REPRESENTING MILLLY DOG..YE YE

DUDE! I dont want you to ever represent the YFZ community ever again. You make me and other yFZ owners look like idiots! stfu!!!!:grr: :mad:

01-06-2004, 03:00 PM
holy dawg....calm down what is the YFZ your religion now....ahah calm yourself...wam, bam thankyou mam...BLACK SAMMY..MOCO

seatec
01-06-2004, 03:06 PM
holy dawg....calm down what is the YFZ your religion now....ahah calm yourself...wam, bam thankyou mam...BLACK SAMMY..MOCO

is that english you are speaking? You sound like you need to up the Voltage on your treatment.

01-06-2004, 03:21 PM
YEA YEA dog..what up now...EASTCOAST rep. sea side where my homeis at?..Dee LOW BROWN..peace peace...d double x..yfz ..in your face..YE YE..WHAT UP

Crazy4bluEx
01-06-2004, 03:26 PM
Malibu's most wanted ?

B-rad is that you? LMFAO:p

Ryan
01-06-2004, 03:32 PM
I think I actually got more stupid after reading sammy's posts. :huh

01-06-2004, 03:36 PM
YEA YEA dog..what up now...EASTCOAST rep. sea side where my homeis at?..Dee LOW BROWN..peace peace...d double x..yfz ..in your face..YE YE..WHAT UP :rolleyes:

markeg192
01-06-2004, 04:14 PM
My guess is Sammy has never rode a quad. He is prolly a special kid with a subscription to Dirt Wheels and an expired Ritalin perscription.

01-06-2004, 04:18 PM
yah sammy is i bet he doenst even have yfz..what a loser..ahaha i hate those kind of people..jeez...sammy ahaha god......

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-06-2004, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
theres always gunna be someone who doesnt like something, because if we all liked the same thing, we wouldnt have a variety to choise from

;)

Giff
01-06-2004, 04:33 PM
This is my opinion
I own a Lonestar 250r, 400ex, stock chassid r, banshee, yfz and haveowned a cannondale........
Hands down the yfz is where its at. I didnt like the bike stock at all........ But after a few changes Ill never race anything else.. Im 6'2 250 lbs and i felt cramped so I cut the pegs off flipped the brackets and moved them down and back a inch.... Than i added two inches to the steering stem, and a full HMF exaust with uni filter........ Put some VP racing U4 in this thing and I havent rode anything that will beat it.
This is just my oppinion.
Giff

01-06-2004, 05:40 PM
Yea YEa....WHAT UP WHAT UP..U DONT KNOW ME...My boy GIFF knows what he's talkin bout. YE YE.. Im with you on dat dawg..havent lost a race yet, NEVER WILL , i be dat gangsta..that all the playas wanna be. YE Ye i got some ice on da way....pimpin big D...eastside...r.e.p.....big boy...bird call motha.....#1 stunna-YFZ450..DA RIGHT

Chanman420q
01-06-2004, 06:02 PM
Yea YEa....WHAT UP WHAT UP..U DONT KNOW ME...My boy GIFF knows what he's talkin bout. YE YE.. Im with you on dat dawg..havent lost a race yet, NEVER WILL , i be dat gangsta..that all the playas wanna be. YE Ye i got some ice on da way....pimpin big D...eastside...r.e.p.....big boy...bird call motha.....#1 stunna-YFZ450..DA RIGHT

shut up, god

AlaskaSpeed
01-06-2004, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Giff
This is my opinion
I own a Lonestar 250r, 400ex, stock chassid r, banshee, yfz and haveowned a cannondale........
Hands down the yfz is where its at. I didnt like the bike stock at all........ But after a few changes Ill never race anything else.. Im 6'2 250 lbs and i felt cramped so I cut the pegs off flipped the brackets and moved them down and back a inch.... Than i added two inches to the steering stem, and a full HMF exaust with uni filter........ Put some VP racing U4 in this thing and I havent rode anything that will beat it.
This is just my oppinion.
Giff

I agree, not the most comfortable for me stock....bars a bit low, but with some mods like a taller stem, etc...the YFZ is plain awesome! JIM

310Rduner
01-06-2004, 06:07 PM
I didn't have much problem out running them at Pismo last week with my new centermount pipe:o

I like them.. but they aren't the best bike ever made by far lol.

AtvMxRider
01-06-2004, 06:10 PM

Man STFU :rolleyes: .

AlaskaSpeed
01-06-2004, 06:11 PM
I would like to say for all YFZ owners that Sammy needs to be ***** slapped........YE YE

Chanman420q
01-06-2004, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
I would like to say for all YFZ owners that Sammy needs to be ***** slapped........YE YE
WORDDDD

01-06-2004, 06:18 PM
by far?:huh

Brad
01-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by Crazy4bluEx
B-rad is that you? LMFAO:p

:grr:

:blah:

WhiteBros400ex
01-06-2004, 06:24 PM
Havnt got a chance to ride one yet but one of my buddies just got one so next time we go ridding ill check it out. Them seem like they have a lot of power and i sat on one and there were pretty comfortable and i am almost 6ft tall. It all depends on ridder though because i beat 2 of them at rausch creek on the mx track. But of course they were both stock 2.

03400EX_Nacs
01-06-2004, 07:48 PM
i am not impressed either i was cramped and the gears topped out to quick wasnt fast

Toadz400
01-06-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by 03400EX_Nacs
i am not impressed either i was cramped and the gears topped out to quick wasnt fast

wasn't fast?? :confused: wtf...

it kept up with my piped banshee all the way until i got to 6th gear, then i pulled away. and i know how to ride.

440exnacsracer
01-06-2004, 08:23 PM
dont get me wrong, it was fast, but the things SOOO small, i felt like i was riding a blaster with a strong motor, i mean if i went out and put my pred motor in something that small,,.......well ill let you put 2+2 together. i just think my pred is the best choice for me cause like i said im 6'4'', and for those of you who said you dont see me beatin one anytime soon....have you seen or rode a pred, well i spanked a stock one and was about even with a piped one and all i have is a k&n...but maybe my nerf bars make it more aerodynamic,...yea thats gotta be it.:D :eek: :blah:

01-06-2004, 09:06 PM
i like the small feel with the good suspension

bama400ex
01-06-2004, 10:15 PM
im not gonna bash the 450 cause they seem like great quads. i have not got a chance to ride on yet but i did get to race one. we raced on pavement and i beat him by about 3 in the 1/8 mile. it was pretty even but he was never ahead and i didnt get to see the great hole shot i always hear about on the internet. whats up with all the people claiming that a yfz will spank a predator? are they so true to their brand they stretch the truth a bit lol. and my predator was bone stock and the 450 had the airbox lid off and took the core out of the exhaust. and before i hear all the yfz guys start flaming: 1. i know a drag race isnt what determines which quad is better, i just get tired of hearing all these ''kill stories''. 2. i know it was on pavement and it might have been different results if on dirt. but unless the yfz hooks up like a bulldozer i think it might get its feelings hurt to on the dirt. maybe someday we will see. after a few races the guy didnt want to take it to the dirt? 3. we both weigh about the same and the guy looked like a pretty good rider. but who knows? 4. did i mention i payed $5299 otd for my 04 predator? wow what a bargain. happy riding :cool:

Martin Blair
01-06-2004, 11:02 PM
raced some at the dunes look like they got alot of power beat my 400 with a pipe and k&n buy aobut 7 bike lengths

zfire_28
01-07-2004, 03:43 AM

WTF?......."GANGSTA"......."PLAYAS"........"PIMPIN".........."DAWG"........Damn dude, go find a message board for "GANGSTA" wanna-be 12 year olds.............

lol
01-07-2004, 01:43 PM

STFU:grr:

01-07-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed

I hope I don't trip and hit the ban button....:o

BigAl
01-07-2004, 03:13 PM
I hope I don't trip and hit the ban button....

LOL

660r2a400ex
01-07-2004, 06:32 PM
my rappy broke down one day, borrowed my good buddies alba piped Z 400 and ate a yfz 450 up by 6 quad lengths, it was the first one i seen and was really excited until i beat him like that, i was like what a piece of ****! i wont even on my bike, it was the first time i rode a Z, the Z 400 impressed me and fealt like it had more power then my raptor, i now own a 400ex and get beat by stock Z's and kfx's, onlt in long distance though, 100yard drags are my thing, hard to get beat when you drive this good!!! :)

seatec
01-07-2004, 06:51 PM
who was riding the yfz? grandma?:D

440exnacsracer
01-08-2004, 08:55 PM
z400's are weird, cause on one drag race (me on my pred, a z and a yfz) the z would get the serious holeshot , then the yfz would pull good all the way through. on a longer race where i could wind out my gears, i would just walk out and leave them. i think i just need to gear mine lower to get holeshots better and compramise a little speed, afterall, its not every day youll hit 74mph on a mx track, or in woods trails.

muff
01-09-2004, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by LathersR
I thought the yfz450 was pretty damn fast.. got comfortable easily too.

ditto

my friends got a curtis sparks X6 exhaust, uni air filter, no air box lid, jetted.....and it was spankin the shat outta my 400ex...we did some drag races, and the yfz is faster than a '04 yz250f and a '99 kx125

personally I wish I bought a yfz instead of buyin stuff for my quad but its a little to late now to turn back..I have to much money invested

why cant you guys realize that just cause someone got a nasty quad doesnt mean they can ride it to its potential...if your beatin a yfz that much on a basically stock z400 then that rider isnt very good!

heres some pics of my friend ridin

muff
01-09-2004, 04:35 AM

muff
01-09-2004, 04:35 AM

muff
01-09-2004, 04:36 AM
last one

blue
01-11-2004, 08:03 PM
my friend got one friday. i rode it and stood it up in 5 gear. i think it has a lot of power:devil:

Moded86R
01-11-2004, 08:44 PM
I haven't riden one yet.But I think it is an excellent bike.I have raced one.Those things fly.This one had a yoshi pipe.I didn't look at it.But the guy said it had one.(It was muddy)And the thing was loud.

In a drag race that lets you get topped in 5th easily.From the start I could do pretty good.But I think he was spinning.I would stay next to him till 3rd.Then he was GONE.I thought my 250r pulled on 400ex good.This thing flew.I was like holy crap.I think it is pretty hard to beat a qaud that comes with shocks that have piggy backs res's and are fully rebuildable from the factory.It has electric start.And it still fly's.

Depends on how hard this new 450r is to kick over.I am only 18 now and I am already spoiled with the electric start.Even though I don't mind my R.It starts up first or second kick.And it is easy kick.

Dare I say there maybe a new yamaha in my basement in a couple years.I would really like to ride one.I am kind of worried about the cramped thing.I am tall at 6'4 or 6'5

Those pics are very impressive muff.

muff
01-11-2004, 09:35 PM
thanks

if you want to see more just click the link below
http://muff.atvmx.com/pics/bergs/jan3/jan3.html

linkcmd88
01-12-2004, 06:21 PM
ya i just got one and i love it my friend got a stock z400 and it would beat my 400ex by 3-4 quad lengths and when i draged him with the yfz i beat him by 8-9 quad lengths :devil:

cryan54935
01-14-2004, 06:30 PM
I just got one a week ago and in my opinion, it is the fastest stock quad that I have ever ridden.

It really doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you do.

I was interested in the new Honda, but I just couldn't wait.

Woody_YFZ
01-14-2004, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by 440exnacsracer
i rode a yfz this weekend, and im really glad i kept my predator, though its not the most reliable thing out there. im 6 ft 4 and i was really cramped. i felt as though it was built for my 12 year old brother! the power wasnt as impressive as i had my hopes up for, and it even had a t4 pipe on it (which sounded like crap, especially next to my friends raptor with a titanium 4. we also dragged a few times and my pred only has a k&n and airbox vents, and we were even for the most part. there was one guy who had a z400 and wouldnt say what he had done, and though it looked stock from the outside, man this thing would move, even beat a z440 w/ alba pipe, and i would say they were equal riders because i saw the guy on the 400 race on other quads. lata
Ben

That makes sense to me. I haven't ridden a Predator, but everything I've read says they are comparable in speed. The reason I went with the YFZ was because I ride MX and I don't think the Predator would be a great machine for that.