PDA

View Full Version : wont start

southex
01-05-2004, 06:04 PM
I rode it, washed it, put it away for a week and now the damn thing wont start. there is power in the battery but when i push the button it wont turn over, absolutly nothing. the switch works and the bike pull starts. any ideas? (its a 400)

bone705
01-05-2004, 06:09 PM
maybe blew a fuse?

JOEX
01-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Does the neutral light come on? If so the fuse is fine. Do hearany clicking or other noise when trying to start?

Joe

Cody_300ex
01-05-2004, 06:16 PM
Yea you probley blew a fuse.;)

hondarider2006
01-05-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by Lil_300Ex_Kid
Yea you probley blew a fuse.;)

That would be my guess:)

01-05-2004, 09:37 PM
i blew my fuse over a weekend trip & was push startng it the whole time in front of my friends....:mad: ....didnt figure out what it was untill I got back home & you can bet I was mad :mad:

Aceman
01-05-2004, 09:58 PM
Check your fuse, have you tried crossing your solenoid with a screwdriver?

hondarider2006
01-06-2004, 12:36 PM
last summer my ground wire broke off....couldn't figure out why in the he!! I didn't have a neutral light or anything....after tearing it all apart...it was only a simple wire, oh was I mad:mad:

southex
01-06-2004, 06:51 PM
I need to find the neutral light indicator and plug it back in (took it off to clean up the clutter on the handlebars).

There is no clicking when I try to start it so I will check the fuse.

The only thing that is different is before I rode last time I change my clutch lever and perch...doing so I twisted the two wires that go into the bottom of the clutch together (allowing the bike to start w/o pulling in the clutch). Would that cause the fuse to blow?

I am going to find the neutral light indicator...thanks for all the responses!!:)

speedy400
01-06-2004, 08:57 PM
no your all wrong!!!:D
I'm having the same problem its the temp being so insnaly low and the oil you have in the tranny, it gets so thick the battery barely turns it over it even... I have to use my jump starter to start it when so cold like this(I didnt want to get a new big jug of diffrent weight oil)... plus I dont ride much in the winter.-darren

btw I checked my battery today and its at 60%

pnut420
01-07-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by speedy400
I'm having the same problem its the temp being so insnaly low and the oil you have in the tranny, it gets so thick the battery barely turns it over it even... I have to use my jump starter to start it when so cold like this(I didnt want to get a new big jug of diffrent weight oil)... plus I dont ride much in the winter.-darren

What are you talking about, he said he has no power getting to the switch :p . The weight of the oil isnt going to make it not turn over, I think you are trippin man. Its gotta be a connection somewhere, the fuse or whatever, cause Im sure he tried to jump start it, thats usually the first step

pnut420
01-07-2004, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by southex
I need to find the neutral light indicator and plug it back in (took it off to clean up the clutter on the handlebars).

There is no clicking when I try to start it so I will check the fuse.

The only thing that is different is before I rode last time I change my clutch lever and perch...doing so I twisted the two wires that go into the bottom of the clutch together (allowing the bike to start w/o pulling in the clutch). Would that cause the fuse to blow?

I am going to find the neutral light indicator...thanks for all the responses!!:)

Just cut those wires and ty them back together, use liquid electrical tape and seal it off good, it is easy to twist those, also check the fuse, if you need any help ME me or my AIM name is pnut420Blaze

southex
01-07-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by speedy400

I live in Florida :cool: