PDA

View Full Version : AC Racing Propeg Nerfs are CRUD!

Steven
01-05-2004, 04:18 PM
I was so excited anticipating the arival of my AC Racing Propeg Nerfs.

At first glance they were a georgeous piece. Upon closer examination, I noticed that both stickers were torn and partly scraped off the nerf. No big deal but dissapointing.

On to instalation...

The kit comes with round steel foot pegs that mount in the place of the stock foot pegs. The nerfs and new foot pegs (one unit) then slip over these round pegs.

Problem one: The steel round pegs that come with the kit are 1/8 inch narower in diameter than the hole/tube in the nerfs, causing the entire nerf and peg platform to wiggle and rock when stood upon. Yikes! Not safe!

Problem two: The round steel pegs that come in the kit are welded to 3/8 inch plate steel. This plate steel has two holes drilled in it so that it can mount where the oem peg bolts screw into the chassis. How so dissapointing that BOTH steel plates were warped. This prevented me from being able to tighten these pegs flat to the chassis where the peg bolts go through. I got them as tight as possible only to have 1/8 inch gap between the beg mount and chassis... and yes I had them on the right ends.

Problem three: There were no instructions in the kit. Also there are extra bolts nuts and washers that due to there being no instructions, I have no idea what to do with. ARHHHHH...

What utter garbage. Not only have I missed the races this weekend but I have to contend with shipping this piece of work back to my retailer.

BEWARE OF AC PRO PEG NERFS my friends. Quality control appears to be non-existant in this company.

Steve

ReconRider25
01-05-2004, 04:29 PM
and you guys bash on dg products? what this guy just said is one reason i prefer dg.:p

desertratt45
01-05-2004, 05:03 PM
i guess some people you cant make happy. even after tell him what we can do for him!

Steven
01-05-2004, 05:26 PM
Ok fellas listen up!

It gets worse not better.

I got a replacement set of standards today. The finish was better than on the pro pegs but upon closer examination I noticed this...

One half had 9 net clips welded to it and the other had 8? What is that garbage?

This company has questionable service at best.

Where is the quality control?

What are the odds here. If I get two bad pieces in a row then they are putting out many more and are simply not checking thier work. Its that simple.

So I called them and explained the entire situation. ZERO sympathy and NO apolagy were what I got. I was rewarded with; "uh.. the welder must have screwed up." Well thats nice but who is responsable for that? I suffered to I guess I was.

Where is the manager overseeing and motivating the welder to do good work. Where is the quality control adjuster? Where is the customer service training?

They gave me one option. That option was to send the nerfs back (AGAIN) and have them look at them to decide what to do.

I suggested they air me antoher set for all the blunders and 3 weeks of wasted time. They refused and said my option was to send them back for evaluation.

Lots of good that does me for the races this weekend.

Anyhow I told this rep. that I would be posting the story on Bluetraxx.com and Exriders.com so that his customers know what they can expect for service at AC Racing. When I asked him his name he hung up on me as he said "have a good day."

No accountabilty either!

I was shocked.

This service was most unsavey.

In my experience, AC Racing has poor quality control and cares little for its customers. They forget though that without the customers they would be nothing.

I'm easy to "make happy." Give me what I paid for, the first time... ok or even the second time! And if you screw up TWICE, make an aception to your set-in-stone "policy" (which obviously doesn't include quality control) and do the right thing.

Take a lesson from White Brothers. I had a similar situation in which I got empathy, an apology, and a new exhaust next day aired to me free of charge!

Why do we the cutomer expect this level of service from you sir at AC? Because your competators are doing it.

Steve

T.Hopp
01-05-2004, 05:29 PM
Watched my brother-in law install a set w/heel guards on his 400EX saturday. As for the extra hardware.....there should be two bolts about 2.5" long w/ nuts. The instructions (that you don't have) say to drill a hole down through each foot peg and through the steel peg that it slides over, insert bolts and tighten. Also, there are two spacers that install between the mounting tabs and the motor mount bolts. The right side peg mount has a spacer welded to it that dosn't exist on the left side. Hope this helps. After the install was complete, I grabed the nerf and lifted the atv up on its side and agressively shook it around. Dropped it back down and jumped on one side at a time. I tried to get it to make noise but they were silent. I feel that if you could get them installed correctly (by getting the instuctions) you will be happy w/ them.

T.Hopp
01-05-2004, 05:38 PM
I saw your last post after I submitted mine. That totally sucks. It is disapointing to see the problems your are facing. It's funny, This weekend after my brother-in-law and I got home from our ride; I told him I was going to get a set like his......NOT ANYMORE! Thanks for the heads-up!

desertratt45
01-05-2004, 08:38 PM
you know steve you can slam us all you want. but as for you posting every where and venting thats your peragitive! now for what my guy told you is how the company policy is for returns. i posted on bluetraxx after your frist post about this before you sent back your propegs to the dealer you bought them from.
you could have saved some time and be racing this weekend had you called us frist. rather than going on the internet and complaning. whats funny is that you rarly see people go on and praise parts they buy. 90% of the time its the people that had a problem. now i am sorry you had a problem. with the amount of parts that go out, its hard to check every thing. i know that getting two differt sets and there was a problem with both is unexcusible on our part.
our return policy is the same as any other company. when you buy some thing and there is a decfect you have to ship it back to the company. we will fix it or replace it and send it out in a timly manner. that is the way it is. we have had people complane and send us nerfs and bumpers back to us and they wheren't even ours.

crap-banshee32
01-05-2004, 08:54 PM
thats insane.....id be pissed!!! id keep calling AC back untill they sent me a free set
hehe

how gay

nick

P.S. ive never had any trouble with my ac propegs

Chef
01-05-2004, 08:54 PM
Funny, my Pro Pegs have been AWESOME for over 2 years now. They have taken PLENTY of hard hits, and the left side was bent only after it was smashed between my quad and the wall at the track. Even after that desertratt offered to find me just a left side for me to buy. I hit the wall HARD with my stadium bumper, and its not even hurt. The polish is scratched a little I guess, if that counts... My old regular style AC was FAR stronger than the duncan that it hit, the duncan folded up like paper.

As far as them taking lessons from WB, I have been screwed by white brothers 3 more times than is acceptable. Once was on a near $600 purchase of a Pro Meg full system...you would think they would care somewhat about the customer, but they obviously dont seem to think that every little person matters.

Juggalo
01-05-2004, 09:05 PM
not only have my pro pegs been one of the most rugged, toughest, best things i've ever baught for my quad, AC themselves went well out of their way to make me happy when i bent one nerf bar from hitting a tree in 3rd gear. they went thru a ton of hassle to send me just one nerf and one mount. they never *****ed about it at all they were always happy to help. really awesome guys over at AC. i've never had problems with any of their products and if i did i know i can rely on the company to to help me out. i'll be an AC customer for life.

redroost85
01-05-2004, 09:12 PM
I ran Pro Pegs last year for racing and wasn't too satisified either. Many parts were loose or continued to come loose. Then I snapped the left side off from a hard landing from a jump. I am still not a big fan of any pro pegs in general, (I'm guilty, I bought a set cause I wanted to see what the hype was about, lol!) I had a new set of regular AC's given to me from a parts supplier very cheaply, so I am running regular AC's this year.

Sorry about your experiences Steve, I know it's no fun messing around with the simple (well they should be simple I guess) things. I know it drives me nuts! Hopefully, something will work out for you.:)

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-05-2004, 09:17 PM
dont worry desertratt45, like you said before....some people you can not please!

i have purchased many ac parts for different quads and been extremely happy with everything:macho

desertratt45
01-05-2004, 09:25 PM
thanx for the nice words guys. when you run a shop 20 hours a day 5-6 days a week, its hard to keep every thing prefect. steve just was the one guy who was unfortunate to get a bad set twice. at least they where to differnt types:o

400EX_Kid_03
01-05-2004, 10:07 PM
My friend has a pair of Regular AC Nerfs on his Blaster, he never complains, he has rolled it a few times and they only scratch, never bend, break, bust, whatever! I have rode is quad a few times and was quite satisfied with the EXACT size, just about PERFECT!!! I plan on getting a set of regulars very soon for my 400EX

turnandburn
01-05-2004, 10:30 PM
desertratt45 i bought some ac pro pegs used $100 a steal and love them cant be happier.the one thing that needs fixed is the tab on the front the weld broke like the weld didnt penetrate enough. is this common?they are for a 400ex Thanks love the products. Maybe some poeple arent ment to work on their own stuff!!!

Duncanracer
01-05-2004, 10:39 PM
it also helps when u put them on correctly...even if it takes a little of your own magic to get them on...

also who cares if one side has 9 tabs and the other has 8....only use 8 then....

and why r u complaining about instructions for pro-pegs? it doesnt take rocket science to put them on....

i've never had problems with an Ac products either....Although that eric guy is a little strange :p

desertratt45
01-05-2004, 10:42 PM
its not common but i can fix it for you. just need to send it to me. though it would be cheaper ( shipping costs) for you to have someone locale to you weld it up for you.

Steven
01-06-2004, 04:37 AM
very first thing we did was call AC on the first bad set. they said we had to; "send them back to the distributor."

the second time we called refeence the second bad set, i got that latin guy. i asked him to speak to a manager, was put on hold for a few minutes, then I got him again...

and i never yelled.

i'm sure he heard frustration in my tone however.

Steve

Quadworks
01-06-2004, 08:40 AM
I have a set of the AC Pro Pegs on my 400EX now. I love them. Instructions, What normal guy ever looks at the instructions. I have a 2nd grade education and I figured out how to install mine even with my 1 arm. AC is the only company to buy from!!:D

400exstunta
01-06-2004, 11:07 AM
nice write up, too bad its all BS. I dont believe any of it. My AC Pro Pegs have been awsome. and so have all of my other friends. get a life

K_Fulk
01-06-2004, 11:40 AM
I had to do a little custom fabricating to get my propegs on, but they held up pretty good, my bumper fit perfect.

01-06-2004, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by 400exstunta
nice write up, too bad its all BS.
calm down :rolleyes:

Chef
01-06-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747

Calm down about what? All he did was say it was BS..LMAO Gettin scared mr Jumbo?:blah:

turnandburn
01-06-2004, 02:01 PM
I am going to have them fixed locally, thank you for the offer. Was just curios. I hate it when people bash companies, i work in the auto field and you bust your hump to help people out and one small thing you missed or didnt handle correctly gets blown way out of wack and your never going to make them happy. So saying that "sit on it" and grow up!!

400exstunta
01-06-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Jumbo747

ok, let me listen to a 17 year old child. go color or something.

back to the subject at hand now please.

Pappy
01-06-2004, 02:11 PM
ive installed many many set sof ac pro pegs. the first set was the worst but since i learned how to do it ....no troubles.

the only complaint io have on ac pro pegs is that if your ride alot the teeth wore down fast. thats about the biggest b!tch i have.

id glady buy ac nerfs and products and although you have had an unpleasant expierence i doubt that it will do ac harm so dont be surprised by the lack of support for your situation. running a company is hard and you try to make the best of every situation but it doesnt always happen:(

Team Outlaw #34
01-06-2004, 02:29 PM
My AC propegs are solid and I have not had any problems....

I probly won't ever buy a different kind of nerf bar....

01-06-2004, 02:42 PM
:eek2:

Steven
01-06-2004, 05:23 PM
I wrote this post to educate the consumer and aid those is the market for nerfs.

Whether you believe the story (400exstunta) not is not the focus of the post. I thank you for the reply no matter how unconstructive it was.

The info is here because this is an information sharing site. Thats why we are here. We educate one another so we can make good decisions about products and technical implimentation.

Take it or leave it fellas. I took time out my busy day to write these posts and help ya out.

Steve

Dune Surfer
01-06-2004, 07:10 PM
I have had nothing but good luck with AC. I had pro pegs on my honda and I have a new set on my Predator. I love them. They are strong as he*l. You have to bend them a little to make them fit.

400EX_Kid_03
01-06-2004, 07:31 PM
ok, let me listen to a 17 year old child. go color or something.

back to the subject at hand now please.

And your telling Steven to get a life??? Wow! If you werent so rude to just come out and say its BS... how the he\\ do you know that? I agree with almost everybody here that AC has good stuff, but mistakes happen! And he has a point when he says he is just helping us out! I think your the one who needs to get a life, rather than adding ANYTHING constructive to this post, you just degrate people, I think what that 17 year old child said was better and more worth reading that what you said...

LathersR
01-06-2004, 08:03 PM
Ehh they work fine for me bro.. Just that the dumb mounts that put on the bars to mount to the motor mounts break off like its their job.. other then that there pretty phat:cool:

400exstunta
01-06-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
I have had nothing but good luck with AC. I had pro pegs on my honda and I have a new set on my Predator. I love them. They are strong as he*l. You have to bend them a little to make them fit.

I wasnt saying what he wrote was BS, just what he said about AC being a bad company. IMO they are a great company. I neve

Please, tonight before you goto sleep, do the world a favor and slice your wrists.

Back to the topic, please. IF anyone has anything further to say to me, please take it to PMs. I dont care to trash up this site anymore than you fine children are already doing.

Steven
01-07-2004, 05:31 PM
Ok fellas. Third set is on the way.

The distributor in Michigan is sending them to me 2nd day air-no charge. They also put in a UPS pick up request for the 2nd bad set.

It sadens me to think that a distributor gives better service than the manufacturer. Not only did they zip another set to me; they paid to have the 2nd bad set shipped to them without any red tape. Once again, the competition is doing it. Get on board AC.

Special thanks to Colby @ C&D for helping me sort this mess out.

I'll report when the 3rd set gets here.

Steve

nacs400ex
01-07-2004, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by Steven
Ok fellas listen up!

It gets worse not better.

I got a replacement set of standards today. The finish was better than on the pro pegs but upon closer examination I noticed this...

One half had 9 net clips welded to it and the other had 8? What is that garbage?

This company has questionable service at best.

Where is the quality control?

What are the odds here. If I get two bad pieces in a row then they are putting out many more and are simply not checking thier work. Its that simple.

So I called them and explained the entire situation. ZERO sympathy and NO apolagy were what I got. I was rewarded with; "uh.. the welder must have screwed up." Well thats nice but who is responsable for that? I suffered to I guess I was.

Where is the manager overseeing and motivating the welder to do good work. Where is the quality control adjuster? Where is the customer service training?

They gave me one option. That option was to send the nerfs back (AGAIN) and have them look at them to decide what to do.

I suggested they air me antoher set for all the blunders and 3 weeks of wasted time. They refused and said my option was to send them back for evaluation.

Lots of good that does me for the races this weekend.

Anyhow I told this rep. that I would be posting the story on Bluetraxx.com and Exriders.com so that his customers know what they can expect for service at AC Racing. When I asked him his name he hung up on me as he said "have a good day."

No accountabilty either!

I was shocked.

This service was most unsavey.

In my experience, AC Racing has poor quality control and cares little for its customers. They forget though that without the customers they would be nothing.

I'm easy to "make happy." Give me what I paid for, the first time... ok or even the second time! And if you screw up TWICE, make an aception to your set-in-stone "policy" (which obviously doesn't include quality control) and do the right thing.

Take a lesson from White Brothers. I had a similar situation in which I got empathy, an apology, and a new exhaust next day aired to me free of charge!

Why do we the cutomer expect this level of service from you sir at AC? Because your competators are doing it.

Steve

The way you threaten them about posting stuff on forums I wouldnt be very nice to you either. I havent had a problem with AC stuff. You can put a little bit of elec. tape on the peg and it will fit nice and snug. Buy from other large companies like DG and see the quality you get total GARBAGE! I am going to try out X-factor due to the stainless steel pegs instead of alumin. I was getting tired of my pegs wearing out.

400exstunta
01-07-2004, 05:59 PM
get a set of derisi foot peg bolt on. derisiracing.com

Steven
01-07-2004, 06:50 PM
The defenition of a "threat" is the request that a service or act be carired out or a recourse of action be taken.

I never did that.

I asked for "HELP." I also asked them to go above and beyond for a twice blundered product and they refused. I then "informed" them that I would be sharing my disatisfactory experience with the public. It was that simple.

All of us members have a responsability to one another to educate the forum on incidents like these.

I never threatened making the incident public... or else.

That would be assenine.

In any event (nacs400ex), electric tape wouldn't have fixed the warped plate steel welded to the pegs. That was the main problem rendering the set useless.

Anyway the third set is on the way so perhaps three is a charm.

Lets keep our fingers crossed!

Steve

Tommy 17
01-07-2004, 07:49 PM

Please, tonight before you goto sleep, do the world a favor and slice your wrists.

grow the hell up... ur tellin him to act mature and u post something like that... grow up:rolleyes:

btw i have...

AC bumper ( bolt holes don't line up)
pro pegs (pegs wore out in a month and no i don't wanna pay 85$ for foot peg extenders, they wobble like crazy, u have to bend them to put them on said that in the directions that made me laugh)
rear skid plate (bent in one ride)
full body skid (rattles like crazy and yes all 5 mounts are in and tight)

ac parts are junk!!! buy gibson or x-factor nerfs:o

400exstunta
01-07-2004, 09:06 PM
Back to the topic, please. IF anyone has anything further to say to me, please take it to PMs. I dont care to trash up this site anymore than you fine children are already doing.