PDA

View Full Version : Maier plastic used stock side panels?

slosh13
01-05-2004, 02:51 PM
Does anybody have pics or can help me with the maier standard cut plastic for a 400ex? Im wanting to know if anybody has used the stock black side panels with a different color plastic from maier. I was told that you get new side panels from maier so you are not able to use your stock ones. The reason im asking is that im getting a quad tech hood scoop for it and i wanted to see if anybody has done it.Thanks.:)

400redneck
01-05-2004, 09:51 PM
no the to peices mount up totaly different from the stock ones. i just bought a set of silver the color is awsone but i am havein trouble mounting them. good luck

HondaMan222
01-06-2004, 10:56 AM
no you can't, you can if you want to cut them up, i just got all black plastic and it looks nice, just scratchs show REALLY bad!! It is a pain in the butt to mount you have to drill at least 4 holes, and it doesn't line up right so it is a big pain to do it, plus the head light asembly is hard to mount and the space for it is too big so it doesn't fit right. but if you can get past those stages it is worth doing!!
If you want to see pics let me know;)

4TraxRider
01-06-2004, 11:04 AM
It's doable but not recomended.

slosh13
01-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Well i think im going with the stock styled plastic. I think im gonna have one color with the fenders and i might buy black side panels instead of trying to rig the stock 400ex ones. What do you think?

Hotdog
01-09-2004, 11:50 AM
i seen a pic on here or ebay yesterday that had the stock side panels with maier plastic.