PDA

View Full Version : Crashed my 400ex drag racing another 400ex

EX_Junkie
01-05-2004, 02:44 PM
Had my first crash yesterday. Pretty bad. I was running my 03 400 against a friends when the throttle stuck close to the end. Wouldn't have been so bad if i wouldn't have waited so long to back out of it and realized it was stuck to late. Locked front and rears and hit an embankment at the end of the field that was about 3 foot high. I was pegged out in 5th and only had the brakes locked for about 25 or 30 feet. Loose dirt didn't hel.

Results were i had my leg crammed into the handlebars and was thrown completely across the road. Landed on the other side of the ditch out cold. Witnesses said the quad kept digging until it got up the embankment crossed the street and ran me over and proceeded across the other field.

Mild concussion large bruise on my leg but thank god and fulmer for helmets:D

Handlebars are bent perfectly to the shape of my knee.

My advice to everyone no matter where u are riding or how fast your gonna go. Where a helmet If i wouldn't have the basketball size rock woulda got my head instead.

ReconRider25
01-05-2004, 03:26 PM
yea glad to her your not seriously hurt. my friend hit a stone hill bout 3 feet high cuz he didnt see it since it was dusty and stuff going full speed and flew a 100 feet on his 300 ex......almost bled to deatyh if it wasent for a dirtbiker that was going buy had taken his shirt and wrapped it around his leg....ended up having to get surgry and his arm was all scrapped up.....also had a big gouge in his helmet.....took 3 grand in aftermarket to rebuilt his quad.....:blah: but yea always wear a helmet.

markeg192
01-05-2004, 08:32 PM
But did ya win?

EX_Junkie
01-06-2004, 04:55 AM
Lmao. Yeah i got him.

markeg192
01-06-2004, 09:25 AM
Cool, Now be more careful.

seatec
01-06-2004, 09:51 AM
Did you find out why the throttle stuck? is it push pull?

EX_Junkie
01-06-2004, 04:13 PM
Throttle cable is kinked. Just found out today. Not sure how it happend but it happend. ANyone know what a new one runs?

Rrider4life8
01-06-2004, 04:35 PM
kill switch ;)

01-08-2004, 06:10 AM
The same thing happened to me on my YZ 125. Throttle stuck right before a I hit a jump,(didn't even have time to hit the kill switch) I bailed, the bike landed and keeped going until it jumped a berm and went ino the woods.
Ended up breakin my arm,Fractured my knee and spained both ankles. I guess he cable was frayed and caused it to stick. I bought a new one .I think it cost around $25 for my bike's cable .Might be more for you're quad.Sucks when that happens huh?Good luck with it.:rolleyes:

NeonImpact
01-08-2004, 06:16 AM
ouch!
scary stories..

glad everyone is ok!