PDA

View Full Version : good deal??????

rideREDrider
01-05-2004, 11:14 AM
i called about a 85 250r with a 350x motor in the local paper, he said it has aftermarket shocks but he didnt no what kind they are. a-arms, he didnt no what kind they were either. and some other stuff to . and he said it has a fresh top end to. he said its in ok cond. and he said it was raced. for 2200 or best offers.

sounds like a good deal but have to look at. what do you guys think.

Oxbow Jimmah
01-05-2004, 11:24 AM
there werent any 85 4 wheelers so I'd double check the date. I can't say wether or not this is a good deal but sounds shady.

rideREDrider
01-05-2004, 11:38 AM
you no what, your right, but probly the motor is an 85?

Oxbow Jimmah
01-05-2004, 12:04 PM
I just think that if the guy owns this bike then he should know what's on it. You know is he can't tell you what's goin on with it then how could he even work on it?

Cody_300ex
01-05-2004, 03:59 PM
sounds like a good deal to me;)

01-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by rideREDrider
i called about a 85 250r with a 350x motor in the local paper, he said it has aftermarket shocks but he didnt no what kind they are. a-arms, he didnt no what kind they were either. and some other stuff to . and he said it has a fresh top end to. he said its in ok cond. and he said it was raced. for 2200 or best offers.

sounds like a good deal but have to look at. what do you guys think.

Sounds to me like this guy has no clue what hes talking about and the machine is probably junk. If it is in decent conditon and everything looks straight i say buy it. Whatever it is:huh

rollie
01-05-2004, 04:26 PM
thats a hard call...........maybe

Atreyu
01-05-2004, 05:01 PM
He sounds like an idiot. :blah: Go look at it and see.

rideREDrider
01-06-2004, 10:12 AM
guess what, we went and looked at it last night and bought it for 1800, it has works shocks, nacs seat cover, maiser cut plastic, he said it has a new head with shock bore and, I couldnt find the brand names but it has like brand new a-arms, swingarm, axil, its wide, AC nerfs with the wide pegs. K&N filter, Douglas beadlocks on back. regular douglas front, graydon bumper, Itp holeshots,pep steering stablizer, an i think it has an aftermarket steering stem but not sure but brand. pretty much everything on it is aftermarket but the frame. I think i got the deal of the century!!!!!!!!

and no I dont think the guy new what he was dealing with!

quadfamily
01-06-2004, 10:28 AM
does anyone besides me think it could be STOLEN????

rideREDrider
01-06-2004, 11:41 AM
im pretty sure that it was not stolen, because he had all the recepts and everything on it. and i don't think he would of had it pulled outside if it was stolen, and he lived in town. he just didn't no much about it because hes not the one to put the stuff on, the person before him did.