PDA

View Full Version : Power for my 250x

02-20-2002, 07:34 AM
I have a 87 250x and want some more power. i have a cobra pipe with a header,k&n filter, razr tires, and thats about it. There is just not enough power for me. If anyone has some suggestions for me i would like to hear them.

thanks

02-20-2002, 08:01 AM
Is there anyone there that knows what i could do to get some more power???? :confused:

NewRider
02-20-2002, 08:11 AM
Well, you have done exhaust and intake.... I would think the next logical step would be gearing and engine mods. *shrugs*

NewRider

02-20-2002, 08:24 AM
1st thing get rid of the cobra pipe and get a good exhaust,,not tryin to offend you but cobra's are noise makers and that's it. Get ahold of TC racing (tcracingengines.com),,he's built a couple national 250x motors and has parts just for your quad,,to get the power your wanting your gonna need to get a new piston and cam.

DTRAIN
02-20-2002, 08:25 AM
If you want more torque, drop a tooth in the front sprocket (or use a smaller tire), want more speed than go up a tooth (or use a taller tire). If you want better all around performance freshen up your top end, new (high compression?) piston + bore, adjust valves, higher performance cam. The list of engine mods after that are almost endless, you can get as much power as you want to spend.

02-20-2002, 07:21 PM
Ditto what New Rider, Rico, and Dtrain stated. Tom Carlson (TC Racing) is a good recommendation for your 250x.

Good luck

02-22-2002, 10:41 AM
THanks guys

ya i want to get rid of my pipe and get a new one because every one says cobras are just noisy, i would like to get the best one i could find, iw ill look into this t pipe or whatever it is.

About the cam and stuff like that, how much is that gonna cost me to do that. i wouldnt mind geting a new piston thats a little bigger and some other stuff that would help power wise.
So if you gyus could give me about how much it would cost that would be cool.
But for now i am gona go cause i am in class and i am way behind in this class cause of this site!

later

02-22-2002, 10:43 AM
i went to that site and it is under construction?
know when it will be back, or know of any other sites?

:confused:

DTRAIN
02-22-2002, 10:59 AM
For an exhaust, look into dmc or duncan double barrel. They are the same, and they are great if you don't mind the sound. Also check out four stroke tech or Hetrick racing for engine work.
When I was looking to improve the power of my 250 x I e-mailed Mickey dunlop of four stroke tech, and Terry from Marcums. These were their following responses:

We build an 11:1 piston, standard to 80 over, for $95. It is $250 for port & flow work, SuperTrapp IDS II exhaust is $229.

Mickey Dunlap

I recommend a slip on exhaust, maybe a white brothers complete system with a K&N air filter with outerwear and a 130 main jet. If you want to open up the motor drop in a fast all around cam. Those are the most bang for the buck.

Cam 105 bucks
Jet 4 bucks
Filter 35 bucks
Wear 12 bucks
Exhaust 330

Terry

02-22-2002, 10:56 PM
here is wat i sudgest

10-1, or 12-1 piston
bore over .80
port/polish and bigger carb
lose cobra, get a white bros e series