PDA

View Full Version : edelbrock carb

MillerTime
01-05-2004, 05:35 AM
wondering if anybody is using this type of carb, I'm having a problem with my thumb throttle it is like pushing a brick with my thumb
thumb gets to the point where I can't push the throttle, I'm trying to get some feed back from actual users
be for complaining to the company about the problem.

PHIL_B54
01-05-2004, 06:39 AM
ive heard people clipping a coil off the spring to soften it up - do a search. mine was the other way around, i had to put a heavier spring on it because it would stick open...i sold it, it was nice, i just could never get it set-up

MillerTime
01-05-2004, 06:48 AM
Yeah I should of done a surch on this type of problem, I don't have a problem setting it up, just can't finish a race without using the palm of my hand to push the throttel.
I would hate to by a new carb.

K_Fulk
01-05-2004, 12:24 PM
I had the same problem with mine, I never fixed it I ended up selling it.

wgbanks
01-05-2004, 12:27 PM
Check your accelerator pump. If the rod that connects to the pump piston is bent, worn, or in a bind, it will make operating the throttle difficult. I called Edelbrock's support, you can find the number on their web site, when my throttle started sticking and was difficult to operate. They sent me a new and improved accelerator pump piston and the carb is better than new. They changed the design and it works smooth as silk now.

MillerTime
01-05-2004, 12:54 PM
been riding with this problem for about 8 months, I should enter the strong thumb competition.
The things been like that since I got it,
I'll have to give them a call to see what they will do for me,

Thanks all