PDA

View Full Version : Burning DVD movies, is it possible?

cyba888
01-05-2004, 02:55 AM
Is it possible to burn a DVD movie using a DVD burner if I were to rent it? I heard you need to hack it in order to burn it? Most DVD's have copyrights so its not possible to duplicate it?

veddersbetter
01-05-2004, 03:10 AM
Very possible but you need a program like DVD XCopy to do it......I had/have the same problem. Best Buy sells it but expect to pay 50-$75 and dont bother with Kazaa...itll work DL'n it but youll need 2 DVD-Rs for every one movie

cyba888
01-05-2004, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by veddersbetter
Very possible but you need a program like DVD XCopy to do it......I had/have the same problem. Best Buy sells it but expect to pay 50-$75 and dont bother with Kazaa...itll work DL'n it but youll need 2 DVD-Rs for every one movie

2 DVD-Rs for every one movie. Are you talking about the disc or burner?

MOFO
01-05-2004, 05:03 AM
Yes. There are ways of making a copy that only fits onto 1 DVD as well. You must use proper software to cut out all the extra's, menu's and other options. Basically just record the movie itself and in most cases they will fit on 1 DVD. The reason you would need to 2 DVD's to record 1 "Movie" DVD is because the DVD is recorded with dual layer technology, whereas the DVD's we burn to are only 1 sided (ie half the storage).

Oxbow Jimmah
01-05-2004, 09:14 AM
Good method is to degrade the quality of the extras. It's not like you want the DVD for the 1 minute extras on it. And do we really need dolby surround sound in french and spanish? Or you could always just buy it.........

hotrodhonda400
01-05-2004, 07:36 PM
All you need is Dvd shrink and Nero to burn it with , works like a charm ;)

Atreyu
01-05-2004, 07:40 PM
If I sent Return of The King to someone..can they burn it and mail it to me? Talk to me on AIM (Shiftex3) if you want to.