PDA

View Full Version : interesting quotes from ATV Rider mag.

2004TRX450R
01-05-2004, 01:15 AM
They said the noise level with the HRC kit was 95db and it still retained the spark arrestor. So those of you aking about sound level there you go.

The article here seemed a little more objective than the one in Dirtwheels. One thing they said about the HRC kit was "While not the machine-transforming can-o'-whoop-*** that opening up a YFZ450 is, the kit is still a solid addition to an already-solid machine." Also they said "So is this the succssor to the legendary 250R? Defineately. Is it a decade and a hald better? Nope."

They did say that "Handleing is every bit as magical as with its predecessors" and "your mom could kickstart this machine."

They really liked the brakes and said it has good power "while mostly on top, is a decently friendly spread that allows plenty of room for error"

Just thought you boys (and girls) would like some more objective thoughts on the unit. Ditrwheels just raved about the whole thing. They said "It literally will stop on a dime and give you nine cents change." and "We predict that Honda Sportrax 450R riders will be outbrakeing fellow competitors quite regularly."

They made a couple of comparisins to the YFZ where they said, "Compared to the YFZ450, The TRX450R feels like it has teh lighter of the two front ends."

markeg192
01-05-2004, 12:33 PM
Sounds sweet but you'll have to give us your opinion once you have yours.

2004TRX450R
01-05-2004, 05:18 PM
no kidding. I just wish it would hurry up and get here!

Smoker
01-07-2004, 08:40 AM
The button will be missed, not that it's such a chore to stand up and kick the thing but if you come in too hot to a corner or stall it in the whoops, e-start saves time. As far as starting ease, I've seen poeple kick them to life (CRF450) sitting on the seat. That's a big difference if you've tried a YZF or even a 350x with high a compression piston. Not terrible but nothing you want to do at then end of a long moto or woods race. IMO:p

2004TRX450R
01-07-2004, 09:00 PM
ya I guess but if you aren't good enough to keep the engine running through the race then I guess that just makes a better opportunity for the better riders that may have gotten a bad start to get around you.:cool: Personally I haven't owned a bike with electric start and I won't miss a thing. I don't think it is needed and don't think it has a place in a "purpose built race bike." That is just my opinon though and everyone is entiteled to their own.

Smoker
01-08-2004, 05:01 AM
I agree with you 2004TRX450R, the button can be lived without. It's good to know that they're are faster riders out there as yourself that never make mistakes, you and Tim Farr have got it down. In my opinion of course.

2004TRX450R
01-08-2004, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by Smoker
I agree with you 2004TRX450R, the button can be lived without. It's good to know that they're are faster riders out there as yourself that never make mistakes, you and Tim Farr have got it down. In my opinion of course.

I'm sorry if I offended you by that comment. It was not the intention. Just my opinion that it isn't needed on a race bike. I never said that I was anywhere near Tim Farr in ability either.

markeg192
01-08-2004, 10:34 AM
Electric start is like reverse...... If you don't have it you'll learn not to need it. Come on it's an R!!!!!!!!

Smoker
01-08-2004, 11:33 AM
O.K., sorry man. Having one of those mornings I would rather forget. I don't see it as a reason not to buy the new R, just pointing out there are some places where it would be handy. Personally I never minded kick starting a bike. It would be nice to have his or a lot of the other pro's abilities though:p

Got nads?
01-08-2004, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by 2004TRX450R
ya I guess but if you aren't good enough to keep the engine running through the race then I guess that just makes a better opportunity for the better riders that may have gotten a bad start to get around you.:cool: Personally I haven't owned a bike with electric start and I won't miss a thing. I don't think it is needed and don't think it has a place in a "purpose built race bike." That is just my opinon though and everyone is entiteled to their own.

It says you have never owned a bike with electric start, but yet you have a 400EX for sale!!!

stryker
01-08-2004, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Got nads?
It says you have never owned a bike with electric start, but yet you have a 400EX for sale!!!

:huh :confused:

2004TRX450R
01-08-2004, 08:33 PM
well that 400EX was my fianse's. She just left and I ended up with it as part of being bought out of the house so I am trying to sell it so that I can pay for my new bike. So I guess that isn't entirely ture but I have hardly ever ridden it.