PDA

View Full Version : What skids for mx racing?

redroost85
01-04-2004, 08:03 PM
Just wondering on trying something different this year. Do any of you guys run skids on any part for mx? I know some use none and some use any available. I have run a belly skid, but then there is a weight issue and mud gets in there too.

Then I think that the rearend is the lowest point and needs protection too....

What do you guys think? Tell me about your experiences.

All that seems to be consistent to me, is guys that got great shocks don't run skids and the budget runners (like me) run'em, lol!:)

TCracin440ex
01-04-2004, 08:51 PM
yes every 1 uses a skid plate for motocross but if you got ext a-arms take a sawsall....and cut the part off under the a-arms so they will clear....but i orderd a maier-mfg plastic bash plate....does its job and light weight....havent broken it yet and im at the motocross track every weekend

TCracin440ex
01-04-2004, 08:52 PM
altho i do not run a skid plate on my swing arm....just an underbody skid...

redroost85
01-05-2004, 09:00 PM
Thanks TC! How about anybody else? What kind of skids do you run for mx (if any) and why?:)

ralph2
01-05-2004, 09:53 PM
i dont run any skids at all ,,, although i think i should be runnign an under body skid,,,,,, but with the swingarm skid i never run one because it just holds u up in the ruts,,,

last season i went to english town alot,, and i though i saw one of the racers from the jrd team with a special skid, that was just 2 stripps and didnt have a center,, so it gave the protection to the rotor and sprocket, but without the center to bottem out with

anyone know anything about this??:rolleyes: :rolleyes: