PDA

View Full Version : Powroll 246 bore kit.

WickedRider
01-04-2004, 06:22 PM
my pops saind when we get some extra money were goring to do somthing to the 250ex. i was just wondering if i should get the powroll kit or jus get a web cam & a stock bore piston? 246cc dont seem like thta much. 229-246. 17cc doesnt seem like that much more but i don know. also how much does it cost to have someone bore it & assemble it. i dont trust my dad & I to try & take apart the motor & put it back to gether.
http://powroll.safeshopper.com/72/58.htm?489
thanx

250EXpwns
01-04-2004, 06:38 PM
It would cost anywhere from 50 to 300 bucks, depending on who does it for you. The most reliable place to get it bored would actually be your honda dealer. They could do it snappy, but kinda expensive. If you have a relative or friend that is an experienced mechanic have them do it. Whoever does it make sure they know what they're doing and they're good at it, otherwise you'll be very unhappy with the results.

markeg192
01-04-2004, 08:00 PM
I'd do the Powroll kit with a High Comp. piston. Raising the compression seems to help all 4 strokes.

Aceman
01-04-2004, 08:15 PM
Unless you put in a bore kit that adds a lot of cc's most of your power is coming from a higher compression piston. That why they make high comp. pistons for stock bores.
High Comp piston + Bore Kit + Cam=Lots more power

nathancarter
01-05-2004, 05:54 AM
who sales a stock bore high compression piston for the 250ex?

WickedRider
01-05-2004, 03:00 PM
the compression of the piston that comes w/ the kit is 10.8:1

Juggalo
01-05-2004, 06:04 PM
not trying to be a dickhead here but you have to remember you have a 250ex. that means no matter how much money you sink into the engine its always gonna be pretty slow. not just cuz its such a small engine, but the design of the engine itself limits the amounts of power it can make. also its always gonna be shaft drive which means the only real way to make changes to your top speed are bigger tires. also its always going to be a little quad with poor suspension what not. if its all you ever plan on riding i suppose hopping it up is not a bad idea but even with the motor work you'll quickly outgrow the quad. i'd just save up until i could afford a 300ex or a 400ex. but then again some people love the 250ex, and hey it is your money so you can do whatever you want with it