PDA

View Full Version : Never thought this would happen!!

kawasaki_ridah
01-04-2004, 06:08 PM
My 18 year old brother sighned papers with the air force today and will got to a training camp on the 13th and when he is finished with that he goes to iraq for 4 years! this is crazy

Pappy
01-04-2004, 06:10 PM
good for him!!!!! serving his country...a great thing to do:cool:

Nausty
01-04-2004, 06:40 PM
My dad served for our country...

He was a bar tender!:p

bansheerider_13
01-04-2004, 07:14 PM
He was a bar tender!

ahh the few and the proud lucky man lol

kawasaki_ridah
01-05-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
My dad served for our country...

He was a bar tender!:p

lol

kawasaki_ridah
01-05-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

yeah, a great thing to do but, be pretty werid not seeing him that long and i just found out. but like you said a good thing to do

250x#93
01-05-2004, 06:14 PM
I turn 18 like next tuesday:devil: I suppose u have to go sign up for sumthin when u turn 18 HUH? I forget what its called though
:confused:

FastHonda400ex
01-06-2004, 02:18 AM
250x#93,

It's the Selective Service. If you don't register then it can affect your credit history, loan approvals, etc.

Fruteless
01-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Yeah, and the possibility of jail and a fine.

MOUSE
01-06-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by FastHonda400ex
250x#93,

It's the Selective Service. If you don't register then it can affect your credit history, loan approvals, etc.

is this correct?

MOUSE
01-06-2004, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Fruteless
Yeah, and the possibility of jail and a fine.

and this?

infantry317
01-06-2004, 02:15 PM
Yes you are required by federal law to register within a certain # of days of your 18th birthday. I've never heard of someone being procecuted though.

big-guy
01-06-2004, 02:26 PM
I got a post card in the mail when I turned 18, advising me to register. What I wondered was, why do they need me to register if they already know where I live, and when my birthday is?

Kinda like calling someone and asking for their phone #.

kawasaki_ridah
01-06-2004, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by big-guy
I got a post card in the mail when I turned 18, advising me to register. What I wondered was, why do they need me to register if they already know where I live, and when my birthday is?

Kinda like calling someone and asking for their phone #.

i guess they want insurence that if they need you then you will come

killed300ex
01-06-2004, 06:51 PM
hey congrats kid my brother is in tech training right now for the air force he will love it. What job is he going in for? MY brother went in to work on the electics on the airplanes. The airforce really really takes care of their men! Id amagine your bro will be going through Lacland afb. All rumors of bad food ect are wrong according to my bro he said great food ect he had a blast and loved it. Ill prolly be signing the day i turn 18
killed

01-06-2004, 09:36 PM
ill be signing up as soon as my free ride with my parents are up which should be right after i graduate high school :mad:

SGA
01-06-2004, 10:53 PM
Not only that but if you join the service, you get all kinds of benefits. Plus you get to see all kinds of things and travel around. After you are out you get medical care at the VA hospitals.
A person that has served his or her country will always be respected, at least by me.

Fruteless
01-07-2004, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by infantry317
Yes you are required by federal law to register within a certain # of days of your 18th birthday. I've never heard of someone being procecuted though.

I had to apply to the selective service within so many months after my 18 birthday. They never sent the form to do it. I didn't even know that I had to sign up. After the couple of months I got a letter in the mail from the selective service saying that if I didn't return the form within a week that I would face jail time of one year or a 2500 dollar fine. I wan not happy about that. Since I didn't get a form or anything I applied online so I wouldn't get arrested. I don't know if anyone else has encountered this. I guess because they didn't send an application for so long. I do love the country and wouldn't mind serving and God bless the ones that do!!!!:D

kawasaki_ridah
01-07-2004, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by killed300ex
hey congrats kid my brother is in tech training right now for the air force he will love it. What job is he going in for? MY brother went in to work on the electics on the airplanes. The airforce really really takes care of their men! Id amagine your bro will be going through Lacland afb. All rumors of bad food ect are wrong according to my bro he said great food ect he had a blast and loved it. Ill prolly be signing the day i turn 18
killed

i think he is doing something in computers im not really sure, i will find out tho

FourFiftyFour
01-07-2004, 07:13 PM
One of my close friends that I race with (he has really awesome talent) just left a couple days ago for Iraq....he will be gone for a year and a half at least.... I raced on his Z400 for him and will continue to do so until I get the dale running or get a new quad. I am very sad to have to say goodbye to him for a while but Im proud of him at the same time, i keep him in my thoughts and prayers constantly.. he gets to wear his racing goggles instead of the army ones when hes there so he wont forget about the sport he loves....when he gets back he wants to race nationals with me so im supposed to find him some sponsors. While he is away hes even going to be taking online courses so he can stay updated with college work...hes someone i really respect bc I think Id lose it if i had to go up there..... Please keep Shawn in yall's prayers also, he means a lot to me and maybe in a few years he will be one of the top riders at the MX nationals :)

Bill Fuller
01-07-2004, 07:33 PM

remlapr
01-07-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
I raced on his Z400 for him and will continue to do so until I get the dale running or get a new quad.

What happen to your Dale?

FourFiftyFour
01-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
What happen to your Dale?

halfway through the throttle it hits the rev limiter and backfires....in all gears and neutral....... its a lost cause....i got to ride it once after all the gear oil dissappeared and burned up the clutch..... its been broken at least 6 months out of the 8 months ive owned it

Pappy
01-07-2004, 07:43 PM
my dad had this too say about going in right after high school...

go in now, learn a few things, travel, kill a few if ya can and meet hookers from around the globe:o he was correct:devil:

looking back, if anyone over the age of 30 tried to go in the military we wouldnt hack it too well.

at 17 i could take some dude yelling and getting in my face.....but if he did it now id b!tch slap him and end up in the stockade:p

batgeek
01-07-2004, 07:48 PM
meet hookers from around the globe:o

easily THE BEST part of joining the military!

double wrap that puppy.

kudos to yer brother on joining up :D

remlapr
01-07-2004, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
halfway through the throttle it hits the rev limiter and backfires....in all gears and neutral....... its a lost cause....i got to ride it once after all the gear oil dissappeared and burned up the clutch..... its been broken at least 6 months out of the 8 months ive owned it

Well that sucks - sounds like maybe you should just sell it to Jeff or somebody without even fixing it and just move on, or maybe just buy a new crate motor from ATK??

FourFiftyFour
01-07-2004, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
Well that sucks - sounds like maybe you should just sell it to Jeff or somebody without even fixing it and just move on, or maybe just buy a new crate motor from ATK??

i would but i wouldnt be able to buy much of a quad with what little money i could get for the Dale.. since im going taking so many college hrs and they change every 10 weeks..i really cant keep a job at this moment so im sorta stuck with this thing

cudaman
01-07-2004, 09:42 PM

at 17 i could take some dude yelling and getting in my face.....but if he did it now id b!tch slap him and end up in the stockade:p

i have that problem too, but im 18. so it wouldnt be a great situation

SGA
01-07-2004, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by cudaman
LOL, They can handle hot tempered 18 year olds. They have made many, many, see things thier way.

Pappy
01-08-2004, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by cudaman

hahaha, WHATS YOUR PROBLEM YOU PIECE OF CHIT:mad: YOU GET YOUR FEET OFF MY FIELD AND BURY YOUR FACE IN THE MUD AND GIVE ME PUSH UPS MAGGOTT:macho

oh wait, i forgot they allow them to hand the D.I. a time out card:p :blah:

cudaman
01-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by SGA
LOL, They can handle hot tempered 18 year olds. They have made many, many, see things thier way.

lol im not hot tempered. im just dont like it. im a born hard head and arguer, its in my blood. its sad, but i think i actually like argueing in some twisted way. idk. i doubt i would see there way unless it benefited me, them just yellin in my face aint gonna do chit. lol i live with a drill instructor(actually a control freak/bi polar woman. i bet she could make a drill instructor cry, btw its my mom.

hahaha, WHATS YOUR PROBLEM YOU PIECE OF CHIT YOU GET YOUR FEET OFF MY FIELD AND BURY YOUR FACE IN THE MUD AND GIVE ME PUSH UPS MAGGOTT. oh wait, i forgot they allow them to hand the D.I. a time out card

are you joking?? do they reall have a time out card? im j/w if that is true, and if it is how pu$$y is that OMG.