PDA

View Full Version : 450R pricing

Ken Klosterman
01-04-2004, 01:19 PM
I'm finally ready to move up to the 450R after having a 250R then a 400EX. Will anybody be willing to tell me what they paid for their 450R??. I wasn't planning on trading my 400EX. Going the cash and carry route. I had to wait months to get my 99 400EX so a wait for the 450R won't be a big issue Although sooner the better. Don't want to wait any longer and get too far down on the list!! Thanks in advance for the info!!

:D

MIA450R
01-04-2004, 01:31 PM
I'll be paying the sticker/MSRP price, $6499. 2 dealers near me aren't budging from that price. I'm 2nd and 3rd on the lists at these 2 dealers. Dont expect your dealer to come down much, if at all, if the demand for these new quads is as high as it is here...

Good luck to you.

01-04-2004, 02:18 PM
I bought mine ay ARS Power Sports in Okeechobee, FL. I am the first one on the list. I only put down $100.00. My balance with all fees and taxes is $6484.00. So I paid $6584.00 OTD. I won't be financing it I am paying cash.

Ken Klosterman
01-10-2004, 01:16 PM
Just an update for everybody - Called up a dealer just 30 miles away. He told me he hadn't had anybody even put any money down on either one of his two first R's coming in!! Asked him for the cash and carry price. $6,000.00. I had to ask him twice just to make sure!!. That was correct and 1 hour later I signed on the dotted line for my new R. The first one to come in!!

Now we just have to see if the end of January date holds up! :)

greghall
01-10-2004, 01:41 PM
put down deposit, #6 on the list /$5900.00 cash out the door will have to drive 2 hours to get it. nobody around here will buge off retail,also my buddy put down deposit at the same time hes #7.looking at maybe two more months to get it but ill wait so I can save up a little cash till then.Its worth maybe $1100.00 if I go out of state & buy Ill wait.

2004TRX450R
01-10-2004, 07:00 PM
I work at the dealer and they won't budge on it. They just won't charge me freight and set up. I'd be the one doing it anyway. So just for spite I'm getting it at another dealer that is giveing me the same deal:D

greghall
01-10-2004, 07:31 PM
That sucks that they wont give you a break they are just greedy I know they can sell all they get but they could give thier employees a good deal. Good for you buying from another dealer.

BIGRED400
01-10-2004, 07:48 PM
http://lakehillmotors.com/hondaatvmid99.html

4fiddyR
01-10-2004, 08:41 PM
Damn big red, that is pretty good at that dealer, wish it was closer to me!

2004TRX450R
01-10-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by greghall
That sucks that they wont give you a break they are just greedy I know they can sell all they get but they could give thier employees a good deal. Good for you buying from another dealer.

Yup that is why I am getting it somewhere else. That and that I haven't gotten a raise in almost 2 years now! I figured that I could understand them wanting to make their money on it but to help compensate for no raise they could give me a little bit of a brake on it but OH NO! So off to RMC I went! Just wish the damn thing would hurry up and get here!

C41Xracer
01-11-2004, 07:34 AM
Iwas getting ripped of by one dealer and lucked out at another dealer. Dealer #1 7200 Dealer #2 6000 these are O.T.D prices

Quadfather
01-11-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by C41Xracer
Iwas getting ripped of by one dealer and lucked out at another dealer. Dealer #1 7200 Dealer #2 6000 these are O.T.D prices

Do you mind if I ask which dealer quoted you $6000? I called every dealer in the phonebook, and no one got close to 6K

Chevy454
01-17-2004, 09:37 AM
Both of the Honda dealerships I checked with here in southern Missouri told me FULL RETAIL, no dealing, and a substantial deposit would be required to hold one...oh, and the first and only one for a while is already spoken for. Financing for 5 years for retail $140/month range...

Sound like what most everyone else is seeing?

79400ex
01-17-2004, 10:16 PM
To every one looking for a good deal on the TRX 450R. Procycle in Colambia Mo is listing it for sale at $5799. I just saw this price. It sound like a deal for what everyone else is paying for it.

2004TRX450R
01-17-2004, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by 79400ex
To every one looking for a good deal on the TRX 450R. Procycle in Colambia Mo is listing it for sale at $5799. I just saw this price. It sound like a deal for what everyone else is paying for it.

That's barely, if over, dealer cost. I just can't see them selling them for that cheap. I just looked on their web site and they don't even have it listed yet so I sent them an e-mail.

79400ex
01-19-2004, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by 2004TRX450R
That's barely, if over, dealer cost. I just can't see them selling them for that cheap. I just looked on their web site and they don't even have it listed yet so I sent them an e-mail. \
I saw that price in Wheel and Deal magizine.

TDBRPH
01-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Procycle home of the lowest prices......

Their mission put all other dealers in the mid Missouri area out of business !!

If you want a low price they are your guys as long as you don’t mind the following.....

1. Absolute product ignorance
2. Incompetent sales staff
3. Clueless parts dept (you mean you can order tires on rims
as a package what a neat concept, Jets no we sell
motorcycles here, Dont have that in stock I can get it in 3 or 4
weeks )
4. Overpriced service dept
5. Sitting in a dealership for 3 or 4 hours to complete a
transaction

I paid $100 more for my YFZ at another dealership 1 hour away when Procycle is 10 minutes from my house. Not only did I choose a dealer who will stand behind his product but since my time is $$ I probably saved money in the long run avoiding Procycle's ridiculous games. It just goes to show you moving units is what it is all about ...... there were times procycle was selling a 400ex for 4399 + tax .

just my 0.02

Triston

2004TRX450R
01-21-2004, 01:10 AM
I sent them an e-mail and they replied they are selling them for $5999.

JWhite
01-21-2004, 07:53 AM
Originally posted by 2004TRX450R
I work at the dealer and they won't budge on it. They just won't charge me freight and set up. I'd be the one doing it anyway. So just for spite I'm getting it at another dealer that is giveing me the same deal:D

I know exactly what you mean my friend. I've had the exact same thing happen. They were like..."it's a new machine and we won't sell it for anything below list". I did the same thing as you did.

You'd think your boss would give a hoot....but....he don't.

79400ex
01-21-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by TDBRPH

If you want a low price they are your guys as long as you don’t mind the following.....

weeks )
transaction

I paid $100 more for my YFZ at another dealership 1 hour away when Procycle is 10 minutes from my house. Not only did I choose a dealer who will stand behind his product but since my time is $$ I probably saved money in the long run avoiding Procycle's ridiculous games. It just goes to show you moving units is what it is all about ...... there were times procycle was selling a 400ex for 4399 + tax .

just my 0.02

Triston I just bought my there.I get it worked on some place else. I, aloso by most my after market part some place. I only by small things there. my two cnet,

2qk4u
01-21-2004, 09:57 PM

weeks )
transaction

just my 0.02

Dude, trhis is so true about Procycle. I drove 5 hours to get my yfz there and i got treated like *****. got there and the bike was really dusty and the salesman knew 5 hours in advance i was coming. come to find out the bike i called to put a deposit on he sold it and had to get me another one from there other dealership. then i wa spissed about a scratch on one of the decals so they finally nocked $20 off the bike for the decal. then i go to start the bike up to load it on the trailer and the thing wouldnt even start. dead battery. so we pushed it around back and put a charger on it and it wouldnt even take a charge so they said to me " do you have a charger at home?" i said yeh and they wanted me to charge it at home. just trying to shove me out the door, i said im not taking this bike home this way. i said you need to take a battery off the other yfz you got on the showroom floor. so they did and i havent had a problem since.
I was so mad when i left there. the salesman i had really sucked. i think my 11 yearold boy could have done a better job. but i did save a lot of money and if it wasnt for that and driveing 5 hours i would have came home with a empty trailer. just thought i would share that with you all. hope i didnt bore you any.

TDBRPH
01-21-2004, 10:42 PM
I hate to say it but that story DOES NOT SUPRISE ME AT ALL !!!!

2qk4u next time you head this way let me know and we can at least hit the trails at Finger Lakes to make the trip worth while ;) .....

Triston

2qk4u
01-22-2004, 06:45 AM
Triston,

Yeh they sure treated me like crap. heck yeh im up for some trail riding. whats it like there to ride? is it nice? is it hilly also? well i will let you know when i go back through