PDA

View Full Version : coming up short on a double+stock shocks=time for new shocks

RideRed04
02-19-2002, 08:29 PM
well, after coming up short on a few double jumps (muddy track, cant get up much speed lol) I have realized the potential of the stock front shocks. I am thinking works triple rates are in the future sometime here. I wanna know how much the rezzies are really worth. I am kinda on a tight budget here (colege coming up quick) and dont wanna get anything that I dont need. Has anyone gotten them without and added them later?

Clay
02-19-2002, 08:45 PM
I agree. The stock 400EX shocks SUCK for MX. I have them on my 300EX. I have the Works Triples w/ Rezzies on my R. They are set up for a pro rider that is 50 pounds heavier than I am. They are a bit stiff, but they take the big stuff so well its uncanny. I would like a set of Elka or Axis front shocks, they are softer, have alot of sag, and still handle the big stuff. But as for your rezzy question, the rezzys just make the shock perform better for longer periods of time. They dont heat up and fade like the ones without the rezzies. I would go for the rezzies if you are mxing the quad. If you dont ride too aggressive, the non rezzys will be okay for trails. I would go rezzys though. Just my .02

RideRed04
02-20-2002, 05:00 PM
I mainly do fast trail riding with some play mxing thrown in for fun. I think I will go with non rezzies and if it is bad, add the rezzies later. Any other opinions?

Clay
02-20-2002, 05:46 PM
Sounds like it would work to me. Youll like the performance. Set them up a little heavier than you actually are though.

AlaskaSpeed
02-20-2002, 06:37 PM
Only set them for what you think you will weigh with all your gear on, otherwise you will be sorry about how stiff they are when it comes to soaking up small bumps and the like. I know what he was saying about going stiff for resisting bottoming, but if you get a good shock valved and sprung for your weight and riding style, they won't bottom easily and they will feel great on the trails too. Shocks are not just for landing big jumps, the idea is to have a shock that is keeping your wheels on the ground...not too stiff; which you won't be happy with...... As far as the rezzies go, you won't NEED them, but when money is not an issue; you will benefit from them..............JIM