PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!!...im Sicka My 300

andyyurko
01-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Here's the scoop....i bought a used 93 300ex this past summer. It's built for racing and its a good quad, BUT, it wont start unless you roll start it or jump it, and even when you jump it the button only works once in a while, otherwise you gotta short out the celiniod. I went through pretty much the entire electrical system and replaced most of the wires, got a new battery, and a celiniod, and at one point it all acually worked but now it's just a royal pain in the *****. So basically im sick of workin on it more than i can ride it, and i want to make it work.

So is there anyone out there who can tell me if i can somehow rig up a starter from a 250X with a kickstart on my quad so i have the kick backup?

Pappy
01-03-2004, 09:43 PM
TRY TWO THINGS FIRST:

clean the starter button and spray electrical contact cleaner inside of it

then run a seperate ground wire from the negative battery post to the engine block.

mall0y
01-03-2004, 09:44 PM
well andy, sounds like you have a problem there pal ... lol im tellin ya, save yerself some trouble and time and money and just get the thing professionally re-wired and whatnot instead of runnin the risk of rigging up the kickstart... or you could listen to what pappy said he sounds like he knows what hes talkin about....later man

mall0y
01-06-2004, 06:21 AM
bump.....pleeease someone help him. i wanna go ridin with him this weekend!!!! lol

44oEX
01-06-2004, 07:11 AM
Just take out your starter button and replace it with a dirt bike kill switch.

nastynotchback1
01-06-2004, 07:13 PM
sounds like the only thing it could be is the starter button.i say this because you have replaced everything else and you said it will work somtimes.sounds like the contacts in the switch are dirty or bad.

stonerider250x
01-06-2004, 07:19 PM
u can put a 250x kick start on a 300ex but moddifying it so its done rite will end up costin more than if u just took it to a shop and got them to find whats wrong with it and fix it.

bradley300
01-06-2004, 08:50 PM
yeah, sounds like the switch is dirty to me, thats how mine was and if you wiggled the button a little, you could get it to work

Diedrich
01-06-2004, 09:38 PM
yeah sounds like the button dude..check it out could be an easy fix