PDA

View Full Version : Whats Ya'lls fav type of music?

400EX_Kid_03
01-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Me... I like pretty much anything, Rock, alt, country, rap, metal, punk, emo... whatever! But my fav types are Metal and Punk!
Fav Bands include:
Disturbed
Slipknot
Smile Empty Soul
The Blank Theory
Ra
Linkin Park
Metallica
Trapt
Plus many more!

ny300exrider
01-03-2004, 06:00 PM
hardcore and emoish

RH1N08d9
01-03-2004, 06:36 PM
Metal, and Country!, what's Emo? I hear kids at school talking about it. I don't really like punk, I can't stand those bands like simple plan, and newfound glory!

ny300exrider
01-03-2004, 06:38 PM
its such a hard thing to explain and its used in so many different ways. its not like punk but it isnt hardcore.youd have to hear it to understand, simple plan and good charlotte are disgusting

exrider360
01-03-2004, 06:54 PM
i will listen to anything but i HATE:grr: :grr: :grr: rap so much

Narly R
01-03-2004, 07:03 PM
Hard rock, Rock, metal........ all good! Metallica never gets old!:devil:

03400EX_Nacs
01-03-2004, 07:07 PM
same as exrider360 but there is some rap i will listen to but i say LP and good char. are posers.......

carleta_shee23
01-03-2004, 07:19 PM
i would have to say that A.F.I. is the best band out there! i listen to everything there is pretty much. i cant really stand jazz though, its to boring. i like rock bands and punk bands. i listen to VERY little country. i love music i go to skool and listen to it im addicted! oh ya i hate rap!!!

400EX_Kid_03
01-03-2004, 07:25 PM
03400EX_Nacs says: same as exrider360 but there is some rap i will listen to but i say LP and good char. are posers.......

I dont want to start a war here, i am JUST WONDERING, how is Linkin Park posers? They are a type of their own, nobody has music like them with a computer effects and such... I am just wondering!

03400EX_Nacs
01-03-2004, 07:32 PM
i give them credit because they make thier own music but they just put on a show they have the i suicidal act that they like to put on but i havent heard they junk in awhile dont plan on it

400EX_Kid_03
01-03-2004, 07:36 PM
well, everybody is entitled to their opinion! but what do you mean by their suicidal act? Maybe its somthing i dont know about! but seing them in concert, and haveing all of their cds, and all of their unreleased stuff, i think they are one of a kind, i have never heard anything before that they could pose off of!

03400EX_Nacs
01-03-2004, 07:40 PM
what about the i'm one step closer to the edge crap correct me if i am wrong doesnt that hense suicidalness?

400EX_Kid_03
01-03-2004, 07:46 PM
meh... well thats tru! but i still love em... plus their new stuff is pretty sweet, alot more effects than their first cd, you should at least hear a few of the songs, alot different!
If you have the time, try and listen to: Numb, Faint, and Nobody's Listening off their meteora cd! At least give it a try!

roostin_dale
01-03-2004, 08:43 PM
I mostly like RAP...sorry for those of you who hate it...

I like some hard rock too:
Spineshank
Ill Nino
Chimaira
Endo

Stevie-D
01-03-2004, 09:58 PM
well i guess i will be the first to admit that i like country music. Jonny Cash, brooks and Dunn, alan jackson, shania, toby keith, etc....

Nausty
01-03-2004, 10:00 PM
metal here!

Atreyu
01-03-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
metal here!

word.

rap is not music.

CHAUNCY
01-03-2004, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by carleta_shee23
i would have to say that A.F.I. is the best band out there!

Yeah, AFI is awesome. Ignite is also a great band.

kfxrcer
01-03-2004, 10:34 PM
yeaaaaaa rap wooowhooo:cool:

black box films
01-03-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by RH1N08d9
I can't stand those bands like simple plan, and newfound glory!

MALL PUNK SUCKS!!!! :grr: :mad:

I can't justify calling them bands as it would be an insult to actual bands with talent.

Linkin park is not metal, they're more rap and techno, cause the gutarists can only play power chords. I have not heared an actual riff in any of thier stuff.

-Bo

01-03-2004, 10:51 PM
i like rap and metal and death metal

not all rap tho, some is plain crap

and i hate goodcharolette , simple plan etc, there deep down backstreet boys trying to be hardcore

trx440
01-03-2004, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu
word.

rap is not music.

That cracks me up, you reply "word" and then follow it up with "Rap is not music"

Where do you think that term came from? If you hate Rap so much why do you talk like a rapper?

What's the snizzle my nizzle?

trx440
01-03-2004, 11:38 PM
Rage Aginst the Machine still beats down any of this new stuff.

01-03-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by trx440
Rage Aginst the Machine still beats down any of this new stuff.

now that to me is not music

my fav gotta be

six feet under, static x, sublime,motorhead, metallica,black eyed peas,jurassic 5 im sure i forgot some

400EX_Kid_03
01-03-2004, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
well i guess i will be the first to admit that i like country music. Jonny Cash, brooks and Dunn, alan jackson, shania, toby keith, etc....

Wait... i said originally that i like country too!
garth brooks
lonestar
alan jackson
tim mcgraw
chris cagle
dierks bently
george strait
clay walker

01-04-2004, 12:00 AM
all they play at work is country, i cant stand it, you think id grow a liking to it but i cant

400EX_Kid_03
01-04-2004, 12:05 AM
i never did like it until i met jess! i dunno, somthin about her just made me like it... now i am hooked!

Atreyu
01-04-2004, 12:18 AM
That cracks me up, you reply "word" and then follow it up with "Rap is not music"

Where do you think that term came from? If you hate Rap so much why do you talk like a rapper?

It cracks me up that you are too stupid to realize I was not being serious when I said 'word'. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Stevie-D
01-04-2004, 05:30 AM
i never did like it until i met jess!

who's jess? girlfriend?

trx440
01-04-2004, 07:52 AM

Ok, I believe you.
;)

Maybe you should develop a writing style that displays your facetiousness.

Buck Naked
01-04-2004, 08:20 AM
thursday is awesome
stone sour
slipknot
static x
story of the year
boys night out
dry kill logic...to just name a few

300expower
01-04-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by js52589
metal :cool:

bands:
Pantera
Killswitch Engage
Converge
Lamb of God
Black Sabbath
Pentagram
Shadows Fall
Ill Nino
Meshuggah
:D
meshuggah's the thing!!!! damn it rocks!

black sabbath and iron maiden are my cult bands!

i'm going to see maiden on jan 20th, can'T wait!!!

400EX_Kid_03
01-04-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Stevie-D
who's jess? girlfriend?

Yeah, girlfriend, she like country, she got me hooked! but its ok, i got her hooked on my punk and emo stuff...
NoFx
MxPx
Rancid
Suicide Machines
Sum 41... And so on

Glow Plug
01-04-2004, 11:52 AM
metal, hard rock, I can listen to punk but not for a really long time haha

zephead400ex
01-04-2004, 12:00 PM
My favorite genres of music are Metal, Rock, Classic Rock.

I hate country & punk.

Fav bands:
Led Zeppelin
A Perfect Circle
Ill Nino
Order by Chaos
The Agony Scene

Here are some songs that are pretty cool....:D
www.kcisp.net/~pbryant/Songs

later

black box films
01-04-2004, 12:07 PM
All hail METAL!!! http://users.pandora.be/ramones/emoticon/headbang.gif

Alice in Chains
Mudvayne
Cradle of Filth
Megadeth
Metallica
Anthrax
Messuggah
Motograter
Flybanger
Black Label Society
Clutch
Disturbed
Fu-manchu
Chimira
Superjoint Ritual
Down
Godsmack
Factory 81
Murder Dolls
Soil
Static-X
Black Sabbath
Soulfly
System of a down
Dog Fashion Disco
Iron Maidan
Primus
Tool
Audio Slave
Rage Against the Machine
OZZY
Boy hits car
CKY
Joe Satriani
Pennywise
Pressure 4-5
Powerman 5000
Zombie
Stone Sour
Monster Magnet
Seether
A Perfect Circle
AFI
Apex Theory
Coal Chamber
Finger 11
Goldfinger
Headstrong
Pulley
Social Distortion
Temperdcast
Days of the New
Corsion of Conformity

-Bo

zephead400ex
01-04-2004, 12:09 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by black box films
[B]All hail METAL!!! http://users.pandora.be/ramones/emoticon/headbang.gif

True, True.

adrenaline
01-04-2004, 01:26 PM

well i hate to bust your bubble but who raps anymore? i mean realy "raps" its called hip hop today...raop was in the 80's with run dmc and old llcool j all that is rap todays music considered to be rap is hip hop different style of music cayuse it doesnt always ryme..lol

but my prefrence would have to be a more hardcore scene..

-remembering never
-atreyu
-poison the well

then theres always
-thrice
-stirke anywhere
-rise against

and how could i forget 50 cent son!

trx440
01-04-2004, 02:39 PM
Rap is today what it was back in the 70's. No different. DMX, Eminem, Jay-Z are only today's versions of Sugar Hill Gang, Parliment and Grand Master Flash and the Furious 5.

Hip Hop is an inclusive term to combine Rap and traditional R&B and urban pop. Record companies in the early 90's were afraid Rap would run it's course and packaged all urban music together the banner Hip hop. Hip hop is technically a musical lifestyle not a musical label.

I like all types of music. Not a big rap fan anymore. Beasties don't kick em out like they used to and it's tough to listen to a brother from the hood tell me how bad it is in the Ghetto for 5 minutes while rollin in his $150,000 Bently throughout the video.

Dislike country if don't include Johnny Cash. Love country if you include him. He is FOR REAL.

Led Zepplin, The Who, The Beatles talent, talent, talent.

Most of you guys seem to like the hardcore scene. Been to 7 Pantera shows in my day. Better yet went to 4 Blag Flag shows. That's angst. All the growlers of today are just wannabe knockoff's of Pantera in the glory days.

Metallica ought to change their name to Margerine cuz that's how soft they have become but we all get older and our tastes change.

Shame the dude from Drowning Pool checked out. He had moxy.

Remember this, don't let music dictate who you are and become. It has that power. Don't like a genre of music cuz you want to be included in some group of people that you want approval from. Be yourself and even play a power ballad every once in a while. Chicks dig em.

Lastly for all you rap haters. Besides Elvis's first TV appearance on the Ed Sullivan show, the most important musical moment in history was Run DMC's collaboration with Aerosmith. It changed everything forever.

blondie69
01-04-2004, 02:46 PM
Fav Groups:

(Hed) P.E (There my fav)
Metallica
Ill Nino
Finger Eleven
Korn
Limp Bizkit
System Of A Down
Motograter
Megadeth
Godsmack
Marliyne Manson
Killswitch Engaged
A.F.I

I dunno....crap like that?:cool:

zephead400ex
01-04-2004, 03:32 PM
Led Zepplin, The Who, The Beatles talent, talent, talent.
You said it all! The bands now days only mimic the great music we have already heard. To me, Zep is God!:D

As far as ballads...Zeppelin has many ballads that kick *** even if you are on a metal head, little lone what the girls think of it. I know what my gf thinks of Tangerine...:D

Shame the dude from Drowning Pool checked out. He had moxy.

Not sure what moxy is...but Dave Williams kicked ***. DP has a huge fan base for 1 reason, they play honest music with their own sound.

later

kfxrcer
01-04-2004, 05:03 PM
o yea killswitch engage, rap sux:devil: