PDA

View Full Version : Ohio riders....have you rode in Geneva State Park?

Foxyangel0425
01-03-2004, 11:06 AM
Any Ohio riders ever rode in Geneva State Park, or is that a big no no?

jst
01-03-2004, 11:16 AM
Where is Geneva state park,in Ohio?

Foxyangel0425
01-03-2004, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by jst
Where is Geneva state park,in Ohio?

In Geneva Ohio

redrunner
01-03-2004, 02:23 PM
I am pretty sure that last year they cracked down on that and all other "illegal" areas that they determined. I know guys that still ride but they go from their houses and play games with the rangers and cops, not too cool I'd say. They find you truck and trailers and tow them away while your gone!
There are several tracks in this area and a few small trails at Pine Lake. You can keep going to to PA and go to Shenango (200 acres) with a variety of trails but you will run through them in about 2 hours, it has a nice little mx section to practice on.

Foxyangel0425
01-03-2004, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by redrunner
I am pretty sure that last year they cracked down on that and all other "illegal" areas that they determined. I know guys that still ride but they go from their houses and play games with the rangers and cops, not too cool I'd say. They find you truck and trailers and tow them away while your gone!
There are several tracks in this area and a few small trails at Pine Lake. You can keep going to to PA and go to Shenango (200 acres) with a variety of trails but you will run through them in about 2 hours, it has a nice little mx section to practice on.

Thanks for the info....but we aren't much into racing our quads we just like to have fun and ride.

crap-banshee32
01-03-2004, 08:56 PM
i think its illegal:D

Foxyangel0425
01-04-2004, 08:12 AM
according to the map we got last year they do show trails for snowmobiles, but we never got a chance to speak to anyone while we were there because it was a Sunday and they were closed. :(

JIMFROMTEXCO
01-04-2004, 10:42 AM
yea im pretty sure geneva is illegal my dad live in saybrook i ride there once in awhile i live just on the other side of the pa line second exit on 90 teres a lot of stuff around here to ride we useally never get *****ed at for it if you wanna vome out some time give me a hollar were always wanting more people to ride with and hell we have a camp up in the mountains you can ride allday with out hitting the same trail twice

Foxyangel0425
01-04-2004, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by JIMFROMTEXCO
yea im pretty sure geneva is illegal my dad live in saybrook i ride there once in awhile i live just on the other side of the pa line second exit on 90 teres a lot of stuff around here to ride we useally never get *****ed at for it if you wanna vome out some time give me a hollar were always wanting more people to ride with and hell we have a camp up in the mountains you can ride allday with out hitting the same trail twice

We really wanted to ride in geneva because it was closer than where we go now which is canton (1 1/2 ride) :( and its getting pretty boring doing the same trails over and over again. there is another place right down the road from their called Elson st. but i am not that experinced rider and i am not to keen on big hills, so i don't think thats a place for me....:p

bjt7550
01-05-2004, 07:01 AM
Try Crow Canyon Uhrichsville , Oh it is REAL nice place to ride
MX , Trails , Hills , Water it has it all !

http://www.crowcanyonmx.com/

Foxyangel0425
01-05-2004, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by bjt7550
Try Crow Canyon Uhrichsville , Oh it is REAL nice place to ride
MX , Trails , Hills , Water it has it all !

http://www.crowcanyonmx.com/

Thanks for the info, but its still too far for us. We used to ride in Ashbula at this truck stop but some dumb ***** almost got run over by a trucker and that was the end of that. :(

Ohio R
01-07-2004, 09:58 PM
Its not Geneva State park you would be riding in. Its the properyt across the street on rt45. You would get through it in about 20 minutes. Elson street is pretty tame as well. You would do fine there. Theres an atv club out of ashtabula,( will have to look for the name), that you can join. I think they do alot of group rides...

XANDADA
01-08-2004, 07:31 AM
IMO - Elson Street & Crow Canyon are both pretty tame places to ride with some wide open fields to ride in if you want to stay away from the big hills. Elson is an hour from Cleveland and Crow is about an hour & a 1/2. Shenango sucks unless your into 4ft deep mud bogs. I don't think there is a dry section to be found at Shenango.

Plain and simple, with the exception of wayne ntl forest Ohio sucks *** for public riding....:mad:

redrunner
01-08-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by Ohio R
Its not Geneva State park you would be riding in. Its the properyt across the street on rt45. You would get through it in about 20 minutes. Elson street is pretty tame as well. You would do fine there. Theres an atv club out of ashtabula,( will have to look for the name), that you can join. I think they do alot of group rides...

The name of the club is Northeast Trailriders, i belong to it. I believe there is an affiliate club, Southeast Trailriders closer to you.(foxeyangel) They both have web sites.

redrunner
01-08-2004, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by XANDADA
IMO - Elson Street & Crow Canyon are both pretty tame places to ride with some wide open fields to ride in if you want to stay away from the big hills. Elson is an hour from Cleveland and Crow is about an hour & a 1/2. Shenango sucks unless your into 4ft deep mud bogs. I don't think there is a dry section to be found at Shenango.

Plain and simple, with the exception of wayne ntl forest Ohio sucks *** for public riding....:mad:

Yes I guess that is true about shenango, last couple of times out there we were soaked before we got to the mx section.
Have you guys ever tried the Rumble on the ridge in Cadiz?

Ohio R
01-08-2004, 03:47 PM
Redrunner.. Rumble is a good time. Just alot of idiots that drink while on the trails you have to watch out for... Other than that the trails are fast with some technical.. We go and camp out. If you go the day get there EARLY or you will be sitting in line for awhile.. Go to www.paatving.com I think they still have the ride review for it. There are also a couple of your club members on that forum..

redrunner
01-09-2004, 05:24 AM
I have been there several times the past couple of years and now have a friend that is a member of the ShortCreek gun club( he just built a cabin/house on his property that is attached to the Shortcreek land) we ride right on to the trails. But i do agree with you on the drinking. The second ride last summer we camped in the general population and it was like a freakin' four wheeler rave, all night there was hill climbing and dragging through the campgrounds. The Sheriff was there a dozen times chasing people and spotlighting everyone, crazy man!

XANDADA
01-09-2004, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by redrunner
I have been there several times the past couple of years and now have a friend that is a member of the ShortCreek gun club( he just built a cabin/house on his property that is attached to the Shortcreek land) we ride right on to the trails.

Any chance of getting a ride put together in the spring on this property? I would love to check the place out but I don't want to go to the rumble - I too have heard it is out of control. I just want to ride and have a good time and respect other people/property around me. I'd be willing to pay, let me know...

redrunner
01-09-2004, 09:39 AM
I will see what he says, don't know how many guests he can have or liability. He just got accepted a couple of months ago. I don't know how well the trails are marked when it is not a rumble, maybe the weekend after one of them the trails would still be marked. Where are you located, I'm in Euclid.

XANDADA
01-09-2004, 09:58 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by redrunner
Where are you located, I'm in Euclid. [/QUOTE

I'm in Clev. Hts. There's a bunch of us from around the Clev. area that get together a few times a year and go riding. I'm pretty much done till spring but will drop you a line next time we go...

Ohio R
01-10-2004, 05:38 AM
Done till spring? Whats with that? Our annual snow ride is the 31st.. Last count there was about 100 of us going. Got a lodge to stay in..

redrunner
01-10-2004, 05:08 PM
See above /\

Foxyangel0425
01-10-2004, 07:22 PM
sorry to say guys but that Rumble on the Ridge was the worst experience ever! We went last year for my b-day and it was just horrible....family fun i think not!! If you are scared of heights or don't like hills (of course i am all of the above) don't go there
We ended up ditching out early and the owners were nice enough to show us the way out. The only time i had fun was in either when we stopped or when we went by the mud pit, even then i was kind of scared cause there are some crazy stupid people.
http://www.gamers-forums.com/smilies/contrib/ruinkai/peepwallA.gif

Fast61Falcon2
01-10-2004, 10:07 PM
i live in maple hts and am looking for new places and people to ride with also. we need an ohio exriders ride sometime.

Ohio R
01-10-2004, 10:57 PM
Redrunner. Go here www.paatving.com Look for the thread about annual winter ride moved to the 31st.. Most everyone I ride with is from Pa.. Great peeps to ride with.. We are riding up at Marrienville trail head on the 31st. Its an all day affair. Then we find a spot to have dinner. Most of us are staying the night at either a lodge we rented out or a motel. Your more than welcome to attend.. Check out the site and thread.

Ohio R
01-10-2004, 10:57 PM
FastFalcon. I live in Mayfield hts.. Really close to you. Shoot me an email if you want to ride sometime.

Ohio R
01-10-2004, 10:58 PM
Foxy.. Where did you encounter all these heights at? I have been there quite a few times and dont remember seeing anything to high.

Foxyangel0425
01-11-2004, 08:23 AM
at rumble....all i can remember was there were quite a few hills that just scared the living BEEP out of me. I think the one was towards the end. The hole ride was just scary and the people that ride are nuts, and to tell you the truth i never want to do it again!! I will let the fearless little munchkins in their 50's concor the trails...i will stick to where i know and like ;)

redrunner
01-12-2004, 10:47 AM
Yes that place can get knda hectic, lots of yahoo's. But as far as the riding it is fair to moderate as far as trails go, you should see Hatfield! I guess it is all what you expect as I rolled down a black trail #95 going 2 mph!! Breaking up my plastic and shoulder, when you come across that stuff there is no turning back.
I think they have tried to get a handle on the people at rumble the last couple of rides but when you get 1000 plus on 30 miles of trail look out!

As far as a Ohio Exriders ride I am up for that, OhioR and Fastfalcon lets talk later.

bjt7550
01-12-2004, 03:15 PM
Was just at Elson St. this weekend , There are some pretty nice trails there. Some pretty steep hill climbs.Ground was frozen which filled in all the ruts but also made for a rough ride.
I will go back there again for sure
$10.00 to ride there is a fair price.

Ohio R
01-12-2004, 05:03 PM
All of you guys in ohio. You should come to our annual snow ride in Pa.. Upwards of 100 people going.. Its a blast.. About a 4 hour drive depending on the weather. Its the 31st of this month. last saturday I think.. I might be able to squeeze another quad in my trailer (crosses fingers).

If not lets schedule an Ohio ride somewhere..

crap-banshee32
01-12-2004, 07:09 PM
sounds like a good idea to me....id love to get together with some other exriders and ride!!!

Foxyangel0425
01-13-2004, 05:49 AM
As far as a Ohio Exriders ride I am up for that, OhioR and Fastfalcon lets talk later.

Fast61Falcon is my hubby....so i might be tagging along too
:p

2004lebanshee
01-14-2004, 07:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Ohio R
[B] We are riding up at Marrienville trail head on the 31st.

I was just up there all of last weekend it is always a good time but it was cold. I am from Youngstown it is a 2 hour trip I dont have an ex but me and my friends go all of the time infact we all bought the season pass. When we go there is like 6 or so of us I'll let you guys know if your interestered

Ohio R
01-14-2004, 07:46 PM
2004banshee. So far we have around 100 of us going on the 31st..

2004lebanshee
01-15-2004, 07:24 AM
really? of january I assume. which trail?

Ohio R
01-15-2004, 09:47 AM
Yea jan 31st.. The main trailhead.. The only trail we wont do is the rock garden. (bike trail) That thing is a pain in the summer..

Jeffksf
01-15-2004, 10:59 AM
We should just try and get together at WNF this year. Ofcoarse I can get my group of people together.
I'm done till spring myself, I'm busy riding my snowboard now.

We also have a pretty good quantity of Ohio riders over at Z400central.com so always check there for rides this year.

Ohio R
01-15-2004, 12:37 PM
Cool thanks Jeff