PDA

View Full Version : ftz alcohol fcr kit brand new

norcalatver
01-02-2004, 05:14 PM
I have a brand new alcohol conversion kit for an fcr carb. I bought it from FTZ for my 400ex and never used it. It comes complete with jets , needle, everything you'll ned to convert your fcr to alky. Make me an offer

pnut420
01-02-2004, 06:20 PM
I live in Cali also, do you know of any places to get alcohol around here, if so I might be interested and this will work for a 39MM right?

norcalatver
01-02-2004, 06:36 PM
Pnut 420, yes it will work for a 39mm fcr, that is what I bought it for. I'm not sure where to purchase alcohol. A friend of mine who lives about a mile away runs alcohol in his race car. He is who I was going to get the alcohol from. I just got cold feet after purchasing the kit and researching alcohol use. I'm just using race fuel only. BTW. we ought to hook up riding sometime.

pnut420
01-02-2004, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by norcalatver
Pnut 420, yes it will work for a 39mm fcr, that is what I bought it for. I'm not sure where to purchase alcohol. A friend of mine who lives about a mile away runs alcohol in his race car. He is who I was going to get the alcohol from. I just got cold feet after purchasing the kit and researching alcohol use. I'm just using race fuel only. BTW. we ought to hook up riding sometime.

Im a little worried about running but I have a spare motor and want to do something crazy with as little money as possible since I have a nice 426 right, I was thinking of building the spare motor to 13:1, HD rod, and FDO studs, port the heads. Im going to look at some other options also, I have a NOS Nitrous Oxide kit sitting right here. ;)

JTRtrx250r
01-02-2004, 07:37 PM
as long as you flush the motor w/ gas after your done runnin' it...you'll be ok,it is a PITA tho

hit a local race track that runs cars(sprints,modifieds etc) or go to the local kart shop and tracks and ask where they get Alcohol or Methanol (same thing)

I know Tarr Industries sold it for around $90-$130 a 55 gallon drum...but not sure about the transport part of it:confused:

pnut420
01-03-2004, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
as long as you flush the motor w/ gas after your done runnin' it...you'll be ok,it is a PITA tho

hit a local race track that runs cars(sprints,modifieds etc) or go to the local kart shop and tracks and ask where they get Alcohol or Methanol (same thing)

I know Tarr Industries sold it for around $90-$130 a 55 gallon drum...but not sure about the transport part of it:confused:

That comes out to about the same as race gas since race gas is $5.00 a gallon and you use about twice the alcohol as you do race gas. SO if you wanted to run alcohol for the dunes you could use it as alcohol then change it back to gas for the MX track?:confused:

JTRtrx250r
01-03-2004, 10:50 AM
A 55 gallon drum of Sunoco,Trick,VP etc goes for about $280 around here, about $60 of that is a barrel fee, I do know of a couple ppl that run it in modded 400ex's at the mx track. I'll see if I can get ahold of them and find out some better info

pnut420
01-03-2004, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by JTRtrx250r
A 55 gallon drum of Sunoco,Trick,VP etc goes for about $280 around here, about $60 of that is a barrel fee, I do know of a couple ppl that run it in modded 400ex's at the mx track. I'll see if I can get ahold of them and find out some better info

More info would be awesome. I want to build my spare motor to 13:1 then bore it to a 416or 426 and run alcohol.