PDA

View Full Version : front lowering brackets?????

400exvet
01-02-2004, 07:25 AM
I asked about these front lowering brackets on here a while back and got alot of negative responses. I already had them so I put them on anyway. Well, yesterday I tried them out in some pretty rough woods riding. I liked them! I definately noticed the loss of ground clearance but, the stability I gained outweighs that. I guess my question now is, am I hurting anything or wearing parts that I can't see on the front? Could the people that responded last time be more specific as to why they are so bad? I really like them and want to use them unless someone that knows what they are talking about can explain to me why they are so "dangerous". Thanks

cdalejef
01-02-2004, 08:01 AM
Its because lowering brackets are designed for flat tracking and TT. If they take too hard of a hit they will break sending you flying! Take them off before someone gets hurt!

Quadworks
01-02-2004, 08:29 AM
Ok, but what if you do mostly trail riding and no real jumping like me? I also want my quad to sit lower. My old 300 squated low but still got over most anything I wanted and was stable as h***. How low does the Durablue rear strut lower the back?

cdalejef
01-02-2004, 08:38 AM
Like I said before, its only to be used for TT and flat track, I would not use it for trail riding! Same with the rear strut, it changes the leverage ratio on your linkage and will actually make your rear shock ride rougher.

the yella yak
01-03-2004, 10:06 PM
i ride my 400 in the dunes, ect. with the front lowering kit and rear lowering strut. I race flattrack, and just don't feel like changing everything. I always works fine-no problems. I don't do any jumping though. If you jump it will probably brake the brackets. The only thing you have to look for is having the rear strut too low-sometimes it'll hit things-and it kills your ground clearance.

Hope this helps man:cool:

xc400ex
01-03-2004, 10:14 PM
Theres a guy I know that had a raptor set up for flatrack with durablue lowering kit and all he done was flatrack... he took it on a couple woods rides nuthin major with the lowering kit..couple months later sold it..that guy he sold it to set it up for a motocross track and about a week later his shockmount broke clear off the frame from the stress of the lowering brackets...he even had works shock on it for motocross...

K_Fulk
01-03-2004, 11:39 PM
It would deffinatly add a lot more stress to your shock mounts even f you dont jump it, And they about how much more abuse the bottom of your frame is going to absorb bottoming out and hitting stuff on trails like rocks logs and stumps.