PDA

View Full Version : re-jett????

Max400
08-17-2001, 10:28 PM
I just put a WB E-Series on my otherwise stock 400, except for 2-2" holes in the airbox. My problem is that it kinda boggs when you get on it in 2nd and 3rd gear about 3/4 throttle. The manual that came with the pipe said that you don't need to rejett but from what I've read on this site everyone that has rejetted has had great results, has anyone had this problem and if so what did you do to fix it? I would be thankful for any advise!!!!!!!

powerslider
08-17-2001, 10:52 PM
With the airbox mods you have you will have to increase fuel too. I would go up one size on the pilot and two on the main, you can also experiment with raising the needle one position. This should get you close. Stock pilot is 38 I believe and main is 148.

08-18-2001, 05:49 AM
Yes,
I would raise the main jet and putting a 42 pilot will help, but
you might want to wait on raising the clip on your needle. I've heard
that changing your jets gets you in the ball park and then fine tuning
is done by raising or lowering your clip. See how it runs after just changing the jet sizes. Also, with just 2- 2" holes in your lid you might can get by with just putting in a bigger main for now. To change the main is easy with just the removal of the 17mm cap on the bttom center of the carb.Be gentle and put the new jet in a socket only and screw in with your fingers and then gently snug it home with your ratchet.
Keep us informed,
John

Max400
08-19-2001, 10:34 PM
Thanks for the Info. the Honda shop is closed Mondays, but I'll be there tues. Let ya know how it works:D