PDA

View Full Version : need some handlebar advice

mATR1X
01-01-2004, 09:32 PM
just got an 01 400ex , rolled over once anf the bars bent pretty bad. seems like there are a million bends / styles and it seems really hard to choose.

my choices will be the msr dominator / or maybe tag x5

im 5"8 and it seems like the stock bars are almost too high. when it rolled over the stock bars got pushed forward ( towards the gas tank ) and it seems easier to ride and wheelie .. i just adjusted them more upright and it was hell to ride .. and whatever happned to the bars it seems harder to whip around in 180s without tipping over

what bend do you guys reccomend over stock ..

just really worried ill get the wrong bars and my 400ex will suck to turn and do donuts

also any insights with tire pressure ? that might be affecting thiings too..

xc400ex
01-01-2004, 09:33 PM
Im about your heigth and I use the renthal atv race bend..Ive rolled it 8 times and they havn't bent so far.

shamisc
01-01-2004, 09:37 PM
I have Tag T2 CR-HI bend. But, they are Fat bars and the bar clamp has a pretty good rise on it. I had Renthals B4 and they were about the same as what I have now and stock. I think alot of people use the CR-HI bend on the 400Ex:confused: ?

02Yellow400
01-01-2004, 09:40 PM
Bars a rider perfrence. Everyone has there own favorites. But they say that tag x-5 atv bend is pretty close with stock and also the 909 has a bend called 400ex bend. Both are good bars.

LathersR
01-01-2004, 09:42 PM
go with tag or renthal bro.. memeber not to get fat bar handelbars... get the bars that take the stock clamps.. the bars may be some more expensive but tag and renthal seem to be the dominate bars to get these days