PDA

View Full Version : Piston And Suspension For The Dunes

Huntley
01-01-2004, 08:40 PM
Hi Guys!
I'm looking for more power and handling in the dunes.Thinking about a 11:1 Wiseco. Should I go to 416 or stock bore? What do I do for suspension? I'm just an old crazy casual rider but I can't leave it alone. Thanks

xc400ex
01-01-2004, 09:03 PM
Wiseco is a bad choice... JE 11:1 comp in a stock bore will be great but if you got the money go ahead and bore it to a 416. The wiseco comp ratios are off bad and you'll have better power with the JE...Get some works triple rates with rezzies up front you can get them brand new for $476 off ebay.

Dave400ex
01-01-2004, 09:05 PM
For the Piston I would go with the JE 416. Also if you are getting a Piston I would get a good drop-in cam. Most people like the Hotcams Stage 2.

You could either get the Works like mentioned, or Elka has an Economy shock that is good.

duneittilludie
01-01-2004, 09:16 PM
HUNTLEY-I dont know what you are looking to spend but if you want to go with a 440 i know of a shop here in eugene that built my wifes 440 and an identical one for a friend and they really fly and have been very dependable.After seeing my wife race and win many times at florence this past summer i can highly recommend this 440 set up and i could give you all the information on what we found for jetting and fuel that works best for this motor.As far as suspension goes we put a pair of works triple rate shocks with reservoirs on the front of the wifes 440 and they do very well for dune riding.If you are thinking about a 416 as opposed to a 440 because you have heard a 440 is not reliable i can tell you first hand that is not the case at least with the 440s that i know of.If you decide you want more information on the shop i referred to let me know and i can get you his phone number.I am also a (old crazy casual rider) well maybe not so casual but i have slowed some so i can understand your need for speed and i cant seem to leave it alone either although it would be a lot cheaper if i did.