PDA

View Full Version : 1 quick ?

fmf400ex03
01-01-2004, 05:49 PM
if i go with a 416 and a stage 2 cam that will give me nasty gains on mid and alot of top can i conter act it by droping 1 tooth in the front or even 1 in the front and 1or 2 bigger in the back so i can get a faster bottom end and have a faster mid and top so my bike will be all around faster or am i just lost and it wont work cuz i would like a snapy quick bottom end so i can eat people in the woods and short straits but what we drag on the road i would like to pull a way off the line and stay in front so can ya give me some help :confused: :confused:

JOEX
01-01-2004, 05:56 PM
When people talk about low/mid/top end gains in motor work iot refers to the engine rpm, not the vehicle speed. At least that is how I understad it.

When you have a higher horsepower motor you should be able to run a Larger front sprocket or smaller rear to make use of the hp. for a higher speed. Did that make sense?:p

There are some other details but i'm not so good at explaining things sometimes.:)

Joe

01-01-2004, 05:56 PM
or you could go up in comp a little bit

fmf400ex03
01-01-2004, 06:02 PM
ok what is the type riding done typicaly with a stage 1 and then with a stage 2

SHADETREE101
01-01-2004, 06:23 PM
when it comes to the different cams there is quite a difference as to the purpose they were intended for. the stage 1 is a cam that is not to far from stock, meaning that is still has alot of low end torque provided. this is a good all around mod for trail riders and what i would prefer. the stage two is a higher end cam, meaning it doesn't come on until the engine is in a higher r.p.m. so if you are the type of rider that lays on the throtle and let's the engines torque pull you , use the stage 1. if you run mainly high r.p.m.'s through the trails then the stage two would suit your needs a little better. hope this helps a lil.