PDA

View Full Version : My Situation: Any Suggestions

crap-banshee32
01-01-2004, 02:49 PM
well.... i kinda want a yfz, but i wanna keep my 400!

do i keep the 400 for awhile and get the yfz and race it stock, or do i sell the 400 and get a yfz and use the money from the 400 for aftermarket parts for the yfz?

its like im stuck between a rock and a hard place:(
what do u think?

thanks
nick

gibson400ex
01-01-2004, 02:57 PM
well i dno........

maybe leave the yfz stock but put like a pipe and tires on it?

or if you want do that with the yfz jsut put lots of money into it......i dno:o

Red00Honda400EX
01-01-2004, 03:47 PM
It's better to have 2 quads than one. What happens when the YFZ breaks down? Then you're just out. I'm not bashing the YFZ but all quads break down sooner or later. I'd keep the 400 and get the YFZ.

AtvMxRider
01-01-2004, 04:25 PM
I love my 400 but if it were me I would sell the 400 and get the YFZ and mod it.

2001400ex
01-01-2004, 04:31 PM
I agree with everyone, real tough choice man...I'd keep the 400, get the YFZ and do what gibson said, put razrs on it and a HMF or something. that's less then $500 in mods I'm assuming. It would be a preety good choice too in mods. In my opinion.

Tommy 17
01-01-2004, 05:41 PM
2 bikes is worthless... have one RACE ready quad all decked out... switchin between bikes isn't any good

01-01-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
2 bikes is worthless... have one RACE ready quad all decked out... switchin between bikes isn't any good

That makes no sense.

brian-250
01-01-2004, 05:48 PM
keep the 400!

Nausty
01-01-2004, 06:02 PM
ok, ride your quad for another year or so and just get some good use out of it and use it as your race quad and maybe buy the yfz now and just leave it stock and use it as a trail/ backup quad. Then after the year sell your quad since you will have gotten a lot of use out of it and build up and/or pay off your yfz.

K_Fulk
01-01-2004, 06:04 PM
Keep your 400 you just got it built. If you want a yfz just save your money through this year.

crap-banshee32
01-01-2004, 07:09 PM
alright thanks guys......i think im gunna keep the 400 for sure, maybe buy the yfz half way throught this season, and slowly start modding it, but race it next year...

Mxbubs
01-01-2004, 07:11 PM
Sell your frame and motor, and get the Arens EX/YZ frame, and a YZ motor and be done with it.:D

MOUSE
01-01-2004, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Mxbubs
Sell your frame and motor, and get the Arens EX/YZ frame, and a YZ motor and be done with it.:D

i 2nd that :macho

redroost85
01-01-2004, 08:43 PM
Nick, I wish I had your 'problem', lol!:D

LathersR
01-01-2004, 08:53 PM
Keep the 400 as a screw around quad.. get a yfz race it stock..

01-01-2004, 08:57 PM
Dude, get all stock parts for the 400ex, sell it, put all the aftermarket stuff on the new 450r that you buy:eek: thats what a kid around here did, the guys at honda said its all supposed to fit on the new 450r, that way you dont have to buy much besides a pipe and the littler stuff..

EvilJester400EX
01-01-2004, 11:02 PM

It's a great thing to have 2 quads. Use one to practice with, the other as your racer.

For me, I kept the 400ex and got a YFZ and modified that.

Tommy 17
01-02-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by EvilJester400EX
It's a great thing to have 2 quads. Use one to practice with, the other as your racer.

For me, I kept the 400ex and got a YFZ and modified that.

the reason i say have one nice quad is this...

my friends use to race on bikes for loretta lynns... they have a stk and a mod class... they would have one stk bike and one mod bike and they could never get both bikes to feel the same, ride the same, etc... not only that they would never ride the one bike bc it wasn't as good as the other bike so it sat there 90% of the time... also u don't wanna be racing a bike u never ride... u wanna get use to one bike... plus u have double the maintence and costs

01-02-2004, 10:20 AM
You can't handle either, so sell the 400 and buy a blaster...:eek2:

:D :D

gibson400ex
01-02-2004, 10:29 AM
the reason i say have one nice quad is this...

my friends use to race on bikes for loretta lynns... they have a stk and a mod class... they would have one stk bike and one mod bike and they could never get both bikes to feel the same, ride the same, etc... not only that they would never ride the one bike bc it wasn't as good as the other bike so it sat there 90% of the time... also u don't wanna be racing a bike u never ride... u wanna get use to one bike... plus u have double the maintence and costs

nicley said:cool:

Glow Plug
01-02-2004, 10:58 AM
keep the 400 for a year and then get a yfz next season :)

hondafox440
01-02-2004, 11:03 AM

Exactly.

Why the hell would you want a 400EX as a proactice quad and a YFZ as a race? So you can practice on a narrower, slower, worse suspended quad, then just hop onto your big racer for the weekend? That is idiodic. Doesn't practicing on the quad you race on make sense to you? So you are used to the feel, power, handling, and suspension of the quad?

gibson400ex
01-02-2004, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by hondafox440
Exactly.

Why the hell would you want a 400EX as a proactice quad and a YFZ as a race? So you can practice on a narrower, slower, worse suspended quad, then just hop onto your big racer for the weekend? That is idiodic. Doesn't practicing on the quad you race on make sense to you? So you are used to the feel, power, handling, and suspension of the quad?

well you do ahve a point.......but

his 400ex is all decked out right now and 416's have been known to beat yfz's.....

hondafox440
01-02-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by gibson400ex
well you do ahve a point.......but

his 400ex is all decked out right now and 416's have been known to beat yfz's.....

OK, even then it is stupid because the bikes feel so different from each other.

gibson400ex
01-02-2004, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by hondafox440
OK, even then it is stupid because the bikes feel so different from each other.

ya.......

rollie
01-03-2004, 07:28 PM
sell the 400 and put the money into the yfz...thats what i would do.

AlaskaSpeed
01-03-2004, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by Nausty
ok, ride your quad for another year or so and just get some good use out of it and use it as your race quad and maybe buy the yfz now and just leave it stock and use it as a trail/ backup quad. Then after the year sell your quad since you will have gotten a lot of use out of it and build up and/or pay off your yfz.

That is about the dumbest thing I ever heard. It's like telling Jeff Gordon to race the hauler and keep the Nascar for trips to the store........:huh

Nausty
01-03-2004, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
That is about the dumbest thing I ever heard. It's like telling Jeff Gordon to race the hauler and keep the Nascar for trips to the store........:huh

And I give a ****? Go eat a box of twinkies....

Toadz400
01-03-2004, 09:01 PM
And I give a ****? Go eat a box of twinkies....

nicely said Dustin.....it's just his f*cking opinion so leave him alone...you don't see us flaming your opinion do you? oh wait you don't even bother to give an opinion which is what this whole damn thread is about, you just come on here and bash someone because you don't agree with their opinion. well buddy, it's america, GET USED TO IT, we're all entitled to our own opinion!!

what's wrong with having a 400ex and yfz450, getting your final use out of the 400ex by racing while slowly modding out the yfz450...then after the season is done, sell the 400ex, pay off the yfz450/get more mods and race the hell out of it......i don't see a problem with that idea?:confused: now that's my advice.

Nausty
01-03-2004, 09:08 PM
exactly, Also he will be able to get it for cheaper by waiting because it won't be in as much demand as it is now and there will be a wider aftermarket for when he gets it. To top it off if there is any problems w/ it and they need to correct mistakes then he will get the better machine and won't get screwed by yamaha. For instance the 01 raptor had a lot of problems w/ the tranny and those guys pretty much got a F U from yamaha when they needed to be fixed.

Anyways, we're ruining this guys thread and I've made my point so I'm gonna leave it at that.

AlaskaSpeed
01-03-2004, 09:40 PM
Flame if ya want, I just gave my opinion, jackass.

Nausty
01-03-2004, 09:58 PM
that wasn't a flame, that was just my "opinion".

What makes my post a flame and yours just an opinion?:rolleyes: nvm, i'm done!

AlaskaSpeed
01-03-2004, 10:22 PM
that wasn't a flame, that was just my "opinion".

What makes my post a flame and yours just an opinion?:rolleyes: nvm, i'm done!

Ya promise?

thunderwolf
01-04-2004, 07:37 AM
I thought the YFZ WAS race ready right off the show room floor. :rolleyes:

AlaskaSpeed
01-04-2004, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by thunderwolf
I thought the YFZ WAS race ready right off the show room floor. :rolleyes:

Try not to be an idiot for just a second here.....:rolleyes: .......

I suppose with the right riders, almost ANY quad is "race ready" off the showroom floor, I know I have seen a ton of "stock" 400ex's, Cannondales, etc, etc on the track; but you have got to be kidding me if you are sincerely telling me you don't know about a little detail called MARKETING. Please try and fight the tendancy to be ignorant before your next post............:huh

01-04-2004, 09:44 AM
Jim would ya pull your head outa yur ***** for just a few minutes here, all i ever see you do on here is flame flame flame, settle down man, jeez

AlaskaSpeed
01-04-2004, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by D23QuadMXer
Jim would ya pull your head outa yur ***** for just a few minutes here, all i ever see you do on here is flame flame flame, settle down man, jeez

I would say that same thing to him to his face. It was a stupid comment, we all know that no quad is TRULY race ready off the floor. So stfu, and ignore me.....:rolleyes:

A lot of you guys that don't like my opinions need to realize that just because I call someone on a stupid comment, doesn't mean I think they are stupid....just a mental lapse. Funny how I don't have a problem with friends or others in real life taking me the wrong way....Oh I remember why now...I don't have to deal first hand with very many stupid people that live in glass houses...like yourself.........JIM

thunderwolf
01-04-2004, 01:25 PM
I have done absolutely nothing to my Moto, and in my 1st pro race it kicked ***** all over the competition's 20-25k 250r's, 400ex's and Raptors. I won't even go into the name calling childish crap, I'll just let you play in it.

AlaskaSpeed
01-04-2004, 01:46 PM
I have done absolutely nothing to my Moto, and in my 1st pro race it kicked ***** all over the competition's 20-25k 250r's, 400ex's and Raptors. I won't even go into the name calling childish crap, I'll just let you play in it.

I owned a Cannondale, so you are preaching to the choir. I would not lump a Moto into the stock quad arena though by any means. Not a fair comparison, unless you are allowed to add 5-6k in parts to any other stock quad to even it up........JIM

thunderwolf
01-04-2004, 01:51 PM
re-read my post and you will see that I was not in the stock class. Cannondale advertised a race ready quad and delivered what they advertised. My kind of marketing!

AlaskaSpeed
01-04-2004, 02:00 PM
re-read my post and you will see that I was not in the stock class. Cannondale advertised a race ready quad and delivered what they advertised. My kind of marketing!

Am I talking to a wall here? :huh

RE-read my post and you will see you are making my point that the Moto CANNOT be compared to other stock machines. There is very little that ISN'T trick on a Moto......JIM

thunderwolf
01-04-2004, 03:22 PM
If your talking, then yes it would be a wall you are talking to.
This was about a quad that is race ready off the show room floor.

AlaskaSpeed
01-04-2004, 05:01 PM
If your talking, then yes it would be a wall you are talking to.
This was about a quad that is race ready off the show room floor.

uhhh...ok............:huh

Bob-Hobo
01-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Glow Plug
keep the 400 for a year and then get a yfz next season :) :cool:

01-04-2004, 07:58 PM
the moto is like a full gytr yfz would be a arms, axle, all that, pipe filter and what not

compare the cannibal or speed to the yfz there stock quads

Mxbubs
01-06-2004, 07:14 PM
We are all dumber now after reading this post...

hahahhhahahah:D :D

Toadz400
01-06-2004, 08:06 PM
Wtf Alaska Speed...settle down with the negative comments there. If you don't agree with someone's comment, just don't say anything. I think you have a problem with always trying to be right, reminds me of my friend.

This post is about opinions on whether or not he should get a YFZ450 this year or not....not about you're opinions are right and everyone elses are wrong.

First off, your first post in this thread wasn't even an "opinion", it was a stupid flame towards Dustin because you didn't agree with it, it had nothing to do with the actual question!