PDA

View Full Version : Release update...can anyone else confirm?

MIA450R
12-31-2003, 03:40 PM
Guys-
I was at one of the larger Honda ATV dealers in NH today, and the ATV manager said the latest info that he JUST received from Honda said they should be receiving the initial 450R within this coming week....and then, by the end of January, they will be receiving the additional ones...

I nearly fell on the floor when he said this to me, as I was certain per the previous faxes that the dealers all received from Honda, that Jan28th was when all the dealers would receive the initial TRX450R.

Can anyone else confirm this "new info" with their dealers? I hate to get anyone's hopes up (especially mine!!!) but, this is what he said with complete certainty...

Ask your dealers and post!

Guy400
12-31-2003, 04:56 PM
At this point I'm so disillusioned with the release that I don't believe anything. They're released when I see one sitting on a showroom floor or see it in the back of the truck with oil level warning tag swinging from from the handlebars:D

2004TRX450R
12-31-2003, 06:54 PM
I haven't heard anything yet but I'll post here as soon as I do. That would be AWSOME but I'm not getting my hopes up until I unload it off the truck.

briantrx
12-31-2003, 08:06 PM
on monday 12/29/03 i talked to my dealer, he still said the shipping date was jan. 28. but i will take it if it comes in any earlier. but hey...we will just have to wait and see.

C41Xracer
12-31-2003, 09:01 PM
I was told the 28th also, but the real kicker is that the fax said that each dealer that order the 450's would only get 1 a month for the first three months then after that any number that they wanted.If this is true i wont get mine until Feb.

MIA450R
01-01-2004, 12:31 PM
Just give me a sanity check and ask your dealers tomorrow or Sat if Honda has given them NEW info AFTER the Jan28th initial ship date fax that they all received some time ago.

Again, my dealer is saying 450R #1 will show up within the next week, and then additional ones will ship end of each month, begining with the end of Jan.

If this guy lied to my face, I appologize to you guys for crying wolf, but trust me, I wont be buying anything from him if he is being a little beeoch about this...

gibson400ex
01-01-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by MIA450R
Just give me a sanity check and ask your dealers tomorrow or Sat if Honda has given them NEW info AFTER the Jan28th initial ship date fax that they all received some time ago.

Again, my dealer is saying 450R #1 will show up within the next week, and then additional ones will ship end of each month, begining with the end of Jan.

If this guy lied to my face, I appologize to you guys for crying wolf, but trust me, I wont be buying anything from him if he is being a little beeoch about this...

the same thign happened to us......our dealer said yours will be in december 16th then on like the 20th he called and said it will be here sometime in January and we are the first's on the list to.......

also where in Mass do you live? i live 10 minutes from Worcester,Mass which is Northboro ,Mass

MIA450R
01-01-2004, 06:50 PM
I'm up North in Peperell, Ma...not far from Nashua, NH...

I dont even have a deposit at this dealer that I stopped in the other day (I have 2 deposits down at 2 other dealers)...he seemed very upfront and I saw no reason to think he was lying or making it up, wasn't even pushing me to put $ down with him.

Oh well, lets see if any other dealers received this latest info...

4fiddyR
01-01-2004, 11:09 PM
I went to my dealer in Morgantown WV 27th of December, and I get the second one they get in. He showed me the list of all there honda's coming in. The 1st is shipped the 28th of January, then (GET THIS) 3 are being shipped to them the 31st of January. And he even went on and said to me Honda is strange shipping units to dealers. He said they would ship just one then three days later they will send 3.
He told me to call them this week to see if they got any more info on shipping, but that was his last ship list he recieved.
I'll let you guys know what I hear when I call next week.
I'd love to get mine the 1st week of February!

SSRedRider
01-02-2004, 08:25 AM
I talked to my dealer on tuesday dec 30. I asked him if they had been postponned again and he said no. They are going to ship them to the dealers on Jan. 28. And every dealer is just getting one at first. They was saying that since they are getting just one at first that it would be nice if I didn't pick mine up for a while. I will be leaving to go to the Texas GNCC on the 29th. So they may get it when I am gone. When I get back hopefully I will have it, thats all the checking out time I am giving them. I am hoping that it will ship soon so I will have it broken in before I go to Texas. If not there is still Florida and Georgia. Hope the ole' 400ex has a couple of races left in her. :confused:

gibson400ex
01-02-2004, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by SSRedRider
I talked to my dealer on tuesday dec 30. I asked him if they had been postponned again and he said no. They are going to ship them to the dealers on Jan. 28. And every dealer is just getting one at first. They was saying that since they are getting just one at first that it would be nice if I didn't pick mine up for a while. I will be leaving to go to the Texas GNCC on the 29th. So they may get it when I am gone. When I get back hopefully I will have it, thats all the checking out time I am giving them. I am hoping that it will ship soon so I will have it broken in before I go to Texas. If not there is still Florida and Georgia. Hope the ole' 400ex has a couple of races left in her. :confused:

do you have a 2002 crf 450 motor in a 400ex chassis or somthing? or is it a d-bike?and also is your 250r a full lsr 250r? and are all your quads setup for gncc:confused:

SSRedRider
01-02-2004, 11:03 AM
The Crf450 is a dirtbike. The 400ex is set up for GNCC. THe Ls250r was set up for mx, in the process of setting it up for xc. It is not 100% lonestar, but working on it.

gibson400ex
01-02-2004, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by SSRedRider
The Crf450 is a dirtbike. The 400ex is set up for GNCC. THe Ls250r was set up for mx, in the process of setting it up for xc. It is not 100% lonestar, but working on it.

sweet:cool:

quadman21
01-02-2004, 12:15 PM
I done some calling myself to different dealers to see what each had to say. I called dealers here in southwest, VA and North Carolina. The story I got from all of them was that they would see their first ones in a few weeks but they did not have an exact date. So I guess a couple of weeks would put it around the last week of this month. Unless something else happens, I feel pretty safe saying they'll be available at the end of this month.

SSRedRider
01-02-2004, 12:52 PM
"quote"
I done some calling myself to different dealers to see what each had to say. I called dealers here in southwest, VA and North Carolina. The story I got from all of them was that they would see their first ones in a few weeks but they did not have an exact date. So I guess a couple of weeks would put it around the last week of this month. Unless something else happens, I feel pretty safe saying they'll be available at the end of this month.
--------------------------------------------------

:cool:

ROGERS
01-02-2004, 08:23 PM
Talked to my guy at the dealer today. They are #12 in the nation in sales. He said he didn't have any new info on ship date, still the 28th to the best of his knowledge. However he did recieve the setup manuals for the 450r already which means they can't be too far behind.

4fiddyR
01-03-2004, 11:08 AM
Guys, if you read the actual fax from Honda about the delay it says "Estimated Ship Date Jan 28"
My dealer sales manageer told me that it could be on the 28th they recieve it , a day or so earlier, or a day or so after the 28th when they recieve it. He said that is the honest truth. He said in the past that is how it worked with other quads like 400 ex's. some on release date, some before , some after. Just remember ESTIMATED.

AlaskaSpeed
01-03-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by MIA450R
Guys-
I was at one of the larger Honda ATV dealers in NH today, and the ATV manager said the latest info that he JUST received from Honda said they should be receiving the initial 450R within this coming week....and then, by the end of January, they will be receiving the additional ones...

I nearly fell on the floor when he said this to me, as I was certain per the previous faxes that the dealers all received from Honda, that Jan28th was when all the dealers would receive the initial TRX450R.

Can anyone else confirm this "new info" with their dealers? I hate to get anyone's hopes up (especially mine!!!) but, this is what he said with complete certainty...

Ask your dealers and post!

I am very good friends with the local Honda dealer and word is now that the Honda will not be out til summer of 04. The perplexulator in the valvetrain has been failing under extreme conditions.....:huh

4fiddyR
01-03-2004, 03:57 PM
I am very good friends with the local Honda dealer and word is now that the Honda will not be out til summer of 04. The perplexulator in the valvetrain has been failing under extreme conditions.....

I smell something... anyone else???
Oh, I know what it is!

BS!:rolleyes:

I want to know what a Perplexulator is.
Parts Microfiche is available for the TRX450R . Show me a Perplexulator.:p

SSRedRider
01-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Do what??????:eek2:

I don't think so. Did get my attention......!

01-03-2004, 04:50 PM
I saw the Perplexulator it is in between the muffler bearing and the tail light fluid reservoir.

MIA450R
01-03-2004, 07:09 PM
No-no-no...
Only Yamahas have it there.

The (clearly superior) Honda has it between the McGalfelator cap and the henway.

Although, the Yamaha does have a flux capacitor...

4fiddyR
01-04-2004, 01:11 AM
I'm sorry I feel like a complete idiot. I see it now, it actually holds the Finagain Pin in place.
Screw it, I'm buying a scrambler!:p

eddings
01-05-2004, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
I am very good friends with the local Honda dealer and word is now that the Honda will not be out til summer of 04. The perplexulator in the valvetrain has been failing under extreme conditions.....:huh

No you guys have it all wrong, the perplexulator is what stablizes the nuclear reactor, just under the seat. Russia had a problem with theirs and the chernobyl explosion happened. Thank goodness honda is fixing the problem, wouldn't want another reaction like that. J/k

04trx450R
01-05-2004, 04:10 PM
I spoke with my dealer today in MA,,,, They will be getting 1 around the 28th of this month, then a few more will be shipped out in february, I am #4 on the list and he said probably not to expect it until the begining of march, but I may get it earlier, I will get it with the second shipment, but if they ship tem in late feb. I t wont be here till the first week of march,,,,,, Its worth the wait, if you ask me,,,,,,,

bildo696
01-05-2004, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed

Must be right there next to the continuem transfunctioner located under the seat. Hard to find parts for those things!

Also, anyone interested in buying a power steering pump for a 1928 Model T? Comes complete with belts and all :D

gibson400ex
01-05-2004, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by bildo696
Must be right there next to the continuem transfunctioner located under the seat. Hard to find parts for those things!

Also, anyone interested in buying a power steering pump for a 1928 Model T? Comes complete with belts and all :D

welcome to the site! whats your name?

4fiddyR
01-05-2004, 05:46 PM
Sell it to Honda Powersports, maybe it is the missing part for the 450R? Said they had a parts supplier issue.

bildo696
01-05-2004, 07:04 PM
Names Bill. Just a fellow quad enthusiast here to offer my knowledge and wisdom, yet learn new things all at once just like everybody else. And to have a little laugh every now and then ;)