PDA

View Full Version : mounting tires on hipers

seatec
12-31-2003, 10:51 AM
I have become the proud owner of a full set of hipers with razrII tires. I was mounting the rear tires to the double beadlock wheels and saw that th rim has this ever so slight edge towards the outside of the rims. its sems that the bead of the tire would have to circle aound the slight edge and then have the ring sandwich it in place. Its hard to keep the tire pressed outward when mounting the beadlock so i was wondering if the the ring would actually push the tire bead outward a little to clear the edge? hope this is somehwat clear? i dont want to torque it doen before knowing that that is not a problem.
thanx for the help

yz250
12-31-2003, 05:36 PM
yes u r doing it correctly put bead ring on place bolts in holes and start tightening the bead lock bolts in a criss cross pattern .do not tighten the bolts all the way down on your first pass around .Make 2 passes around the ring .If you do that tightening process yes the tire will self center .If u have any problems just send me back a e mail I have a direct connection to their plant manager .Shes my wife she mounts all my tires for me:D

remlapr
12-31-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by yz250
I have a direct connection to their plant manager .Shes my wife she mounts all my tires for me:D

Really? That's interesting - don't suppose you have any "spare" red front rings laying around :D

Chino
12-31-2003, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
Really? That's interesting - don't suppose you have any "spare" red front rings laying around :D

you shoulda thought bought that when you was buyin em rimjob. i think you got caught in another dcs trap :D

seatec
01-01-2004, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by yz250
yes u r doing it correctly put bead ring on place bolts in holes and start tightening the bead lock bolts in a criss cross pattern .do not tighten the bolts all the way down on your first pass around .Make 2 passes around the ring .If you do that tightening process yes the tire will self center .If u have any problems just send me back a e mail I have a direct connection to their plant manager .Shes my wife she mounts all my tires for me:D

hey thanx yz250. good to have an "inside" man:)
i actually made like 5 passes criss cross. i also bought a better torque wrench just to do it right. i went to 9 ft/lb should i go closer to 10 or 11? BTW. those wheels are TIGHT man. just plane awesome

yz250
01-01-2004, 08:41 AM
You should be good at 9 but it wouldnt hurt to go to 11 . some time nex week i will post a pic of hipers new wheel they r working with.It has to go through the testing stage yet but i will post a pic for all to see I will say this much it looks fantastic .

seatec
01-06-2004, 12:34 PM
DAMN. you mean i just bought "about the be replaced" wheels?
:grr: :D

BTW, thanx for the info. the wheels went on real easy. even the front ones with only one bead lock. I slathered wd40 all over the bead and it popped right into place at 36 psi.
I almost feel bad for having such cool tires when i am not even that good at riding. Only for a moment though.:D

what tire pressure woudl you guys suggest for mixed xc/mx riding. no big jumps or anything and not to fast thorugh the woods. I have the 6-ply front and rear razrII tires on.

kyex40047
01-06-2004, 02:11 PM
I will run anywhere from 5 to 7 psi in the front and around 5 or 6 in the back. Thats with 6ply holeshots for Xc, but as for mx I dont know maybe 4 in the front and 4 or 5 in the back.
Did you say you put 36 psi in the front ones to set the bead, because that is too much. I only put about 20 in mine.

seatec
01-06-2004, 04:25 PM
well, the tires state that that is the maximum and i was right up against it,maybe a little less. i deflated right down to 7 after that.

cdalejef
01-06-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
Really? That's interesting - don't suppose you have any "spare" red front rings laying around :D What size you need?

seatec
01-06-2004, 05:06 PM
Jeff, you got the mud plugs fro the hipers in stock? 10's for the fronts and 9's for the rear. are they any good?

cdalejef
01-06-2004, 05:10 PM
Sure do, they work great!

seatec
01-06-2004, 05:21 PM
well how about hooking me up with some dude?!

cdalejef
01-06-2004, 05:43 PM
call me dude :cool:

seatec
01-06-2004, 05:57 PM
sure will