View Full Version : Anyone riding this weekend in Illinois or possibly St Joe?

PoopOna400EX
12-31-2003, 10:42 AM
I'm in Springfield, IL, was wondering if anyone was going riding on Friday, Saturday or Sunday. Looking to start riding again and need to find somebody to ride with.

Later,
Jason.

pairanutz
12-31-2003, 10:44 AM
i might go to badlands

what is st joes -mx -woods and how big and how much to get in
always looking for new places to ride

PoopOna400EX
12-31-2003, 11:12 AM
I think St Joe's is around 2,000 acres, no MX, and $3 to get in. Mainly trails and sand dunes from what I understand. I've not actually been there myself, but interested in trying it out sometime. It might be a haul for you, as it is in Missouri, south of St Louis.

pairanutz
12-31-2003, 11:19 AM
do the have a web site or you have directions on how to get there-i have drove to kentucky-michigan- ohio-wisconsin-i would like to add more states to my list :D -i might be up for this -if i can get a few buds to ride with me and split cost

PoopOna400EX
12-31-2003, 12:20 PM
Here's a website, the park is in Park Hills, MO.

http://www.mostateparks.com/stjoe.htm

pairanutz
12-31-2003, 12:28 PM
thanks for the info -yahoo say its only 4.5 hours from me -from the web site looks like a good place to ride

zfire_28
01-01-2004, 07:01 AM
St joes is an awsome place to ride!!!!!only bad thing is that alot of people get hurt there. I have only been there once, and I know that at least 3 people went to the hospital that day. including a friend of mine.

dirtriderex
01-01-2004, 07:56 PM
St. joes is a awsome place to ride, great trails. But it's a long haul from the chicago area.

PoopOna400EX
01-03-2004, 09:22 PM
Weather permitting, I'm going to try and go to Rockport Offroad Park near Pittsfield, IL. They are supposed to have 1200 acres of trails. It looks like it might be raining all day tomorrow though and I don't care to deal with that. We'll see.

Jason.

Moded86R
01-03-2004, 11:13 PM
I live about 45 minutes from st Joe.I was supposed to go there today.But my buddy wrecked his bike last night.

I like st joe.The trails are rocky and rutted.You have to be pretty careful in the woods.I would recomend 6 ply tires.I run 6 ply razr's on my 400.It took me 20 minutes to ruin a brand new holeshot mx down there.(I was mad!)There is some pretty steep hillclimbs way back in the woods if you look.I know there is some I ain't trying.I used to try them and even accomplished some of the bigger one's on a blaster.(I think I used to be crazy)Anyways I wouldn't call st joe "Dunes" At all.Basicly there is big chat flat.It's used to be a mining operation.Jumps are few and far between.But play tracks are plenty full as long as you like whoops.There is plenty of those.There are some really fast bikes down there.

I have also watched a few people leave in an ambulance.We where there 2 years ago and a guy jumped over the top of my freind on a dr350.He almost hit him right in the side of the head.I also saw a guy on a yz250 try and hydroplane across this puddle.He left in an ambulance.Saw a a foreman and a new grizzly hit each other to.There are some crazy's down there.But the trail's aren't to crowded and that is where I stay.It takes 3 hours to do the outermost loop of you are just cruisin along.On my 250r I used to be able to do it in 45minutes.Getting topped out in the woods.(Again I think I used to crazy)When it rains down there it gets nasty.Watch out for the mudholes.I have watch a few bikes take an unexpected dive.Even blowing up a freinds xr100.But when it is dry it gets pretty dusty.I like to go 2-3 days after it rains.

macanic
01-04-2004, 10:41 AM
St Joe. park is a good place to ride
kinda like the badlands but bigger
has good trails if your a experienced trail rider
we also do alot of sand drag racing on the flats
no dunes
just sand flats
its about 2,000 acers
takes about 1 hr and 10 mins from the city of st louis
by the arch.
if you like good trails
look on the net for suttons bluff
located in cenerville missouri
them are the best trails approx. 125 miles in trails
kinda like mx in the woods
check it out ...

Sandragggen
01-04-2004, 11:11 PM
macanic...you missed some good racing Saturday. Lots of fast quads. Zac and I (DS) were probably the slowest of the regulars. Jeff brought 2 Boms and his 500 Zuki. Daren had his 400 Cheatah which was the fastest. Danny with a stock Banshee was pulling on me. Jeff's daughter's boyfriend had a Stage II NX DS and Jeff's nephew with his Stage II alky DS all were fast. The guy with the NX V-Force was there...I did beat him, but not by much. Another guy with a ported/stroked Banshee. Jarrod's Banshee is always fast. It was a blast. All three of Jeff's quad's crapped out on him and had to be towed back to the trailer. We were racing in t-shirts...very nice day.

JMiller

Moded86R
01-05-2004, 05:57 PM
Hey what's up macanic?

About a month ago I was down at st joe.And there was a ron woods stage 3 ds650 with nitrous.It was an 04 baja with pro wedges on the back.All the fenders where cut.The guy was a younger guy.

Was just wondering if you knew who this was.Because his bike runs really good.I never knew those big ds's could be made to run like that.

He also had a newer F-150 truck.

We will probably be going to st joe the first day the weather man says it isn't freezing outside.And my buddies bike is fixed.My R will be there also.I like the 400 but I hate being the slowest bike out there.Even though I consistently stayed next to a yfz with a yoshi pipe till 3rd gear.After that everyone was gone,

macanic
01-05-2004, 09:26 PM
yep. i remember
i raced him a few times on my tecate 3 wheeler
and my 250r