PDA

View Full Version : help with swamped engine.

ReconRider25
12-31-2003, 10:10 AM
ok well last night i was out riding and got stuck in a ditch so when i was trying to get it out it flipped over into the water thats about thigh deep i eventually got it out ater about 20 minutes and after a couple minutes or getting water outta the airbox and muffler and everything i got it running. drove it home(had to take roads so i didnt have to go back through ditch so it was like 5 miles) changed oil, and did the airfilter, everything seems to work right, so i just wanted to know what else i should do? im gonna drain the gas today too so any other tips? thanks. oh yea, good thing i got a honda and not something else or i think it woul still be sittin there by that ditch.:devil:

Pappy
12-31-2003, 10:30 AM
id put some dry gas in the tank to help get any remaining moisture from teh tank and carb. drooping the carb bowl and cleaning wouldnt hurt. possibly remoing side covers to get any small amount if trapped water...infact i have to do that to a polaris this week:p

yzrider04
12-31-2003, 10:39 AM
Well my friend did that to his fourwheeler....He had to change the oil like 3 times because it had alot of dirt and mud in it..He cleaned his airfilter and changed the gas.....

ReconRider25
12-31-2003, 11:07 AM
thanks i hope i dont have to take the side cases off anything else i should know?

Martin Blair
12-31-2003, 11:19 AM
change oil run in for 20-30 minutes then change it again, chang it at least twice, i would pull the side covers off and tip the bike to drain the il out from there to drain ll off it, and clean out you carb, and air filter, poissilby a new plug