PDA

View Full Version : question for the GNCC riders.

rookiex
12-31-2003, 09:18 AM
Would racing the GNCC events an woods in general help my performance on the motocross track??An do you think woods racing does more damage to a quad than motocross. I am interested in knowing what you think b/c my dad wants me to start racing both gnc an gncc races with a new yfz modded for the woods.

gibson400ex
12-31-2003, 09:33 AM
well like on tracci ceccos 300 she used +3 a-arms on her 300ex...

and woods tires so maybe liek +2 a-arms and have a set of tires for the woods and mx?

4wheelboy
12-31-2003, 09:37 AM
xc would give u more indurance so in a mx race u probaly woulditn even get tired. as for width id go with 1 plus arms. and get your shocks valved for xc becuase your in the woods more then your on the track:)

gibson400ex
12-31-2003, 09:41 AM
exactly but his dad wants to race xc and mx.......so rookieex if you want to talk on aim im me on there at Gbaby22duece......im about to leave but i will be back if you want to talk.......if i were your dad i would buy a +1 front end and shocks, and +3 a-arms w/ shocks:devil:

12-31-2003, 10:33 AM
here is my opinion: I race all the GNCC races and I race a little bit of MX here and there.

Racin gncc's will help with mx a little bit not a whole lot. It will help build up your endurance! I think if yo can get used to a gncc start going into a 180 degree turn with 40+ other quads at 50 is mph. will make the first turn on a MX track seem wide open.

XC racing does put more wear and tear on a quad. It is getting beat up for 2 + hours everytime out. and not in the best conditions, Every race there is either sand, mud, water or dust getting into places it shouldn't be. You also hit more things like trees, each other and rocks.

Most importantly both types of racing ar extremely fun!!!!

rookiex
12-31-2003, 11:07 AM
yeah, ive been looking at well modded yfz's set up for woods.I think itll be fun just being able to fly in the woods an on track.gibson400ex ill give you a IM tonight if your around.

gibson400ex
12-31-2003, 11:38 AM
well it sound sliek you have a kick *** cannondale. we have a cannondale to with soem mods + herrmann a-arms pep conversions on all 3 and tc exhaust.......but anyways i found this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2450345568&category=6725

that quad that is on ebay^ right there is a woods racer

here is a full race ready qaud for mx

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2451551725&category=6725

ya hti me up on aim i'll be on........