PDA

View Full Version : how many goys have broken there thumbs

300exQuadracer
12-31-2003, 08:10 AM
well guys i got 2 pins in my thumb yesterday and a cast and i look a freakin boxer. i broke my thumb in 2 spots racing last sat night. i went over the bars when me and another guy tapped tires and my thumb got cought between the throttle and the bars. so now i`m trying to learn to do everything with my left hand, even type but anyways the doc says he thinks if i keep racing i`m going to see him more for my thumb because it is week now or something what do you guys think??

*yes i know i spelled guys wrong in the title i`m typin w/ my left hand onle give me a break*

Pappy
12-31-2003, 08:16 AM
damn get better dude:(

YamaWarr0121
12-31-2003, 08:18 AM
did the same thing as you, got 2 pins in my thumb bc i broke the long bone before your thumb in half , it stuck out of my wrist about a half a inch. Also, i have broken my collar bone in ice hockey, wrist in hockey too, and my other wrist roller skating, and broke all 10 of my toes before i bought my boots riding:confused:

oh yea, and all my doctors have told me to stop or ill be seeing a lot more of the..well that was 2 years ago when i did it. I took the pain basically ( oh ya and a lotta perks) and rode while i had the cast, after i got it off, and have ridden up to today and still race as hard as ever..

lil400exman
12-31-2003, 12:47 PM
hmm i have cracked my jaw broke my femur broken my finger by hitting a tree with my handlebar............broke my nose and dislocated my shoulder...................lol all in fun though!

lil400exman
12-31-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by 300exQuadracer
well guys i got 2 pins in my thumb yesterday and a cast and i look a freakin boxer. i broke my thumb in 2 spots racing last sat night. i went over the bars when me and another guy tapped tires and my thumb got cought between the throttle and the bars. so now i`m trying to learn to do everything with my left hand, even type but anyways the doc says he thinks if i keep racing i`m going to see him more for my thumb because it is week now or something what do you guys think??

*yes i know i spelled guys wrong in the title i`m typin w/ my left hand onle give me a break*
get dome good physical therapy and dont worry about it. I mean 2 months ago i broke my femur really bad and i got a 18 inch rod in there with screws holding the bone together to the rod. I can walk now with krutches and run a little now. In march my therapist said i can ride again. So just work your butt off at therapy and u will be fine!;) do what they say and do it until you cant do it anymore.........

4wheelboy
12-31-2003, 01:30 PM
i had a boxers break before:o

greco400
12-31-2003, 01:45 PM
i know how if feels i broke index and middle finger on my right hand during first round play off's then next game i broke my right wrist then played secound round play offs with 2 broken fingers and a cast then next week was the champion ship game then i broke my left index finger and my left thumb so i played 3 games with inguries and Plus i was the team really expet a few poeple and came to school with 2 cast for 8 weeks it was pretty cool with 2 cast couldn't wipe my own *** :( :eek2: lol :blah: but its hard and it's frustrating well good luck dude and get better

Greco

cudaman
12-31-2003, 03:13 PM
ive never broken anything! ive had a sprained middle finger and a sprained ankle. thats. god im a stud! lol jk

12-31-2003, 03:28 PM
broken pinky finger playin baseball, fractured wrist riding. classmate broke his collar bone racing on his cr85r. his name is JR (Jeremy) Goode #7. maybe some of you have heard of him

Atreyu
12-31-2003, 03:46 PM
Nose (2x), tailbone, all fingers, wrist, ankle (2x), and four toes. I also slipped disks in my neck and screwed up my growth plate in my elbow. Breaking bones is a lot better then tearing muscles, ligaments, etc..atleast IMO.

JUSTINcredible
12-31-2003, 03:48 PM
broke my right collar bone 2x and my left one once:huh