PDA

View Full Version : I was robbed

JATV250
12-31-2003, 06:47 AM
My wife, kids, and i went to Alabama last night. When we got back home, i noticed something didn't look right, so i asked my wife to come back to our bedroom and asked her if she had thrown some things off the bed and out of the closet, and she said no. so i called the police and they came right over along with a detective to ask queations and try to get finger prints. so far my wife's jewelry was taken and my son had a few things taken and several of my collector cards are gone.
The wierd thing is (and i got a laugh) they left my 350x engine and my ct 250R pipe and silencer alone as well as my riding gear.
I usually don't post anything if i'm pissed but i had to get this off my chest. i'll find out later if anything else has been stolen.

Pappy
12-31-2003, 06:48 AM
:(

zfire_28
12-31-2003, 07:07 AM
I hate theifs!!!!:mad: ..........some dirty bazturds broke into my garage last summer and stole a bunch of 400ex parts i had layn around...........:mad:

12-31-2003, 08:09 AM
everyone on the site is gettin robbed:(

skemp
01-01-2004, 10:51 PM
Sorry to hear about this.

Most crooks are stupid as chit though, so the chance of getting some usable prints is fairly good. Hopefully you get it all worked out. :)

brian-250
01-01-2004, 10:57 PM
:( :mad: :grr: :eek2: :eek:

Sportrax10
01-01-2004, 11:00 PM
That sucked, just be happy they didnt take any quad parts...:devil:

01-01-2004, 11:30 PM
Damn. I hate thiefs! My buddy had his truck parked in a boat launch area where you park your trucks and ride your quads out to your ice shantys, its about a 1/4 mile away from the shanty "town" and His truck had 4 tip ups in it, a mr heater with big propane tank, 2 poles, all STolen, come to find out some guy walks up to my buddy and says you get cleaned out to, guy holding a bat while talkin and my buddy says yea, the guy got his amp, subwoofers, stereo, about 10 gallons of gas all Stolen out of his truck. I guess you could say after he hit his hood with the bat and put a big dent in it, he wasnt a happy camper.

WhiteBros400ex
01-01-2004, 11:31 PM
That sucks i hope you find them. like 2 weeks ago this guy down the road was trying to sell a banshee and a warrior and they where both stole and he never found them or got them back. so maybe you will have better luck.

remlapr
01-01-2004, 11:39 PM
I know how you feel - our office got robbed a couple of months ago - they trashed the office and stole a bunch of our computer stuff. It sucks - the fact that they were going through our chit pissed me off more then the stuff they took.

JATV250
01-02-2004, 01:44 AM
The worst part is i feel violated and whoever did it invaded my , well our privacy. mabey we will get lucky just to find out who did it.

Thanks guys
Jay

Chanman420q
01-02-2004, 09:17 AM
4yrs ago me and my family were out in colorado visiting family and we came back to a house that had 30,000 dollars in damage and a little more than that stolen. our house was ***ed

Atreyu
01-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Chanman420q
4yrs ago me and my family were out in colorado visiting family and we came back to a house that had 30,000 dollars in damage and a little more than that stolen. our house was ***ed

That's gotta suck..

Thiefs get dumber and dumber these days though. Someone broke into my basement a few months ago and stole my laptop and some of my CD's. It's a good thing the door leading to my house was locked otherwise all of my other stuff would have been gone too. :mad: . And they were smart enough to not connect the laptop to the internet because we had a trace on it. :mad: :mad:

gojk
01-02-2004, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by Atreyu
That's gotta suck..

Thiefs get dumber and dumber these days though. Someone broke into my basement a few months ago and stole my laptop and some of my CD's. It's a good thing the door leading to my house was locked otherwise all of my other stuff would have been gone too. :mad: . And they were smart enough to not connect the laptop to the internet because we had a trace on it. :mad: :mad:

How did you put a trace on the laptop?

hondarider2006
01-02-2004, 01:43 PM
Sorry to hear that man, I know how you feel. I left my 400 at a friends house last summer, in a fenced in back yard behind his house, not visable to anyone that went by, and some crook stole it.....Good thing I had insurance. Hopfuly you will find them, beat there @$$'s, and than turn them into the police;)

Diedrich
01-04-2004, 09:46 PM
sorry to hear that buddy..find em then beat their ***:grr:

DillonTMNT
01-05-2004, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by gojk
How did you put a trace on the laptop?

maybe using their ip address. It is not hard to change that though.

-Dillon

PS: sucks to all about getting robbed. I have been lucky to not been yet ..*crosses fingures*

cyba888
01-05-2004, 03:53 AM
Got my $1600 mountain bike stolen from my garage once and I only rode it a few times :( Thats why from now I have surveillance camera outside my house as well as inside :) Along with that I have motion detector alarm because the thiefs are too smart these days and can just easily break one of your windows to get in. Its a good investment if you have expensive items in the house or garage. Learned my lesson once so im making sure it wont happen again ;)

exrider360
01-05-2004, 09:38 AM
i hate theifs:devil: :macho

01-05-2004, 10:02 AM
my ex-best friend stole my $600 palm pilot out of my room when i wasn't home when he came inside looking for me..I know it was him b/c a neighbor said he saw him walking down to my house...anwyays, I broke back in through his window in his room & ransacked his whole room for it & finally found it underneath the bottom drawer...it was a real adrenaline rush...

01-05-2004, 04:03 PM
did you feel like 007

01-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by stix
did you feel like 007

i always feal like 007:devil:

hondafox440
01-05-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by DillonTMNT
maybe using their ip address. It is not hard to change that though.

-Dillon

PS: sucks to all about getting robbed. I have been lucky to not been yet ..*crosses fingures*

Not the IP. IPs are just assigned by the ISP or network admin. It could be the MAC address if you're 1337 and know how to h4x0r..

rollie
01-05-2004, 04:16 PM
thats not good :mad: i hope u get every thing back

gojk
01-05-2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by hondafox440
Not the IP. IPs are just assigned by the ISP or network admin. It could be the MAC address if you're 1337 and know how to h4x0r..

MACs can be spoofed also. Also, I haven't seen anyway of hunting down a specific MAC on the net. That would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

hondafox440
01-06-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by gojk
MACs can be spoofed also. Also, I haven't seen anyway of hunting down a specific MAC on the net. That would be like finding a needle in a haystack.

True, they could just trash the ethernet card and get a new one. But if you had a hunch onto what network the guy was on, you could check the MAC tables to see if he's on there. Not that dificult to do for a professional (getting MACs of all hosts in a network).