PDA

View Full Version : Ive given up with Honda

norrisboat
12-31-2003, 12:33 AM
Ive had it...... Ive been waiting for this damn thing for way too long. They keep delaying the release date with only one month to spare before nationals starts. I give up. Im buying a yamaha tomorrow so I can actually be competitive at the nationals. Screw Honda.

Pappy
12-31-2003, 12:35 AM
your not the only one who is getting ticked off. yamaha is selling now to honda die hards....funny how it all runs its course

norrisboat
12-31-2003, 12:42 AM
Tell me about it.... I was hard on honda but, I have races to prepare for and my 400ex just wont make the cut for this year. I need something new and honda is unable to deliver.

Yamaha wins......

Pappy
12-31-2003, 12:44 AM
yeah thats the same thing ive been hearing. you only get so much time to practice and get the quad set up before its race time. better to get started then waste half a season getting used to the new quad.

Wingnut
12-31-2003, 07:13 AM
Maybe somebody can start a support group for the former honda loyalists who now ride blue (or white).:rolleyes:

Got Huevos?
12-31-2003, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by norrisboat
Ive had it...... Ive been waiting for this damn thing for way too long. They keep delaying the release date with only one month to spare before nationals starts. I give up. Im buying a yamaha tomorrow so I can actually be competitive at the nationals. Screw Honda.

boo...f*ckin...hoo :rolleyes:

SadisticShee
12-31-2003, 11:30 AM
HEHE Slow honda can never keep up with yamaha in production terms.

Pappy
12-31-2003, 11:33 AM
1. If you don't like someone, make believe you do or don't respond. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

read it...learn it...apply it:p

BigAl
12-31-2003, 12:39 PM
Wingnut Maybe somebody can start a support group for the former honda loyalists who now ride blue (or white).

YFZcentral is full of us.

kgbg
12-31-2003, 12:50 PM
Its pretty lame. I hate the fact that Honda has decieved us. I really feel like they did. I mean , with as many products Honda has made, all the manufacturing experience and coordinating with suppliers, you think a run of a few thousand quads would cause months of delay? I don't.
Come on, they fed us delivery dates to keep us from buying a Yamaha. Now they are going to be lucky to have it out before 2005 Yamaha's. Will they call it a 2005? Should we wait for 2005?
Its not to cool.

300XFST4602
12-31-2003, 12:59 PM

Good , one more 450R for one of us.... :blah:

seatec
12-31-2003, 01:03 PM
Maybe they delayed because hey found a problem. Would you rather they just rushed it out the door and later your quad blows up or something?

trueblue450
12-31-2003, 01:55 PM
red or blue.. who cares youll still be riding..
I know the honda will be worth the wait. but it sucks. I could barely wait the week to get my yfz i can understand how you guys feel.

MIA450R
12-31-2003, 03:46 PM
Guys...
We're all living in web-time...where 10 minutes is an eternity.

These kinds of release delays happen all the time. 10/15 years ago, none of us would have cared 2 sheites about release delays because we'd all be READING in DIRT WHEELS about when it was coming out. Today, with the web, we know EVERYTHING long before DIRT WHEELS even comes close to releasing the info in their mag.

Anyways, buy whatever you want. I've NEVER considered buying a new Yamaha ATV myself, until now, as all this waiting is killing me. But, I only want a Honda. This will be my 3rd new Honda ATV, and I have a feeling I will have the same amount of problems that my last 2 new Honda's gave me....none.

Its worth the wait to me. Even though I am going NUTTY not having an ATV for the past 3 months!

It may not be worth the wait to you anymore....oh well...too bad for Honda.

seven
12-31-2003, 04:55 PM
My friend had his paid for in advance and he went down and got his money back and is now a YFZ owner!

psd1
12-31-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by 300XFST4602

Ummm, the point of this thread is that there are NO 450r's to be had! I guess one more of nothing is still nothing! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I feel for you fellas. I too think that Honda should have set a more realistic date for release. Even if it isnt true, it seems like they are stringing the die hards on trying to keep them "riding red"! Shoot if they would have said Jan 31, 04 is the release date and then released them on Jan 8, people would have been tickled!

The true kick in the nuts will come for sure if Honda delays again!! :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-31-2003, 06:16 PM

your better off with the decision you made so everything is all good:macho

norrisboat
12-31-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by 300XFST4602

How many are you planning to buy? Dont you think Honda would manufacture enough for the supply????

I never said I wasnt getting the honda. I said I had it and I was going to buy a yfz. I only need the yfz for a couple months to get through the first national. Im still first in line for the honda and I probably will buy it also. Ill decide for myself which one I like better and dispose of the one I dont need.

psd1
12-31-2003, 06:51 PM
norrisboat, you are in a good position. If you have both, & put brand allegiance aside and make a decision based on quality, craftsmanship, dealer support, price and all the other little things involved.

Please report back in several months and let us know which one you think is best!

OuT

Woody_YFZ
12-31-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by seatec
Maybe they delayed because hey found a problem. Would you rather they just rushed it out the door and later your quad blows up or something?

I would have preferred they never said anything until they knew it was ready.

MIA450R
12-31-2003, 08:21 PM
Technically speaking, the Honda website never said anything other than Jan 2004 release date. Oh well.

dirtriderex
12-31-2003, 11:15 PM
I almost bought a YFZ, but I thought it's winter in chicago. I'm not going to be riding it till march anyways, and for me I adjust within a day to new quads and dirtbikes. Call it a gift I guess:rolleyes:

fmf400ex03
01-01-2004, 09:47 PM
when the 400 was comin out i couldnt wait the pushed it back couldnt take it and bought a worrior turns out after the big wait the 400 best quad out was perfect and pretty much flaw less so i was stuck with a slo9w quad that kept breaking when i shoulda waited in stead of waiting a month i waited a 2 extra years and spent more money on blue no that i have a 400 i will never go back EVER honda best product out so some times the wait is more than worth it

450rboy
01-01-2004, 10:28 PM
yea guys and girls if you do go out and buy a yfz450 now because you just can't wait. your gonna be sorry probably because honda gonna be out in front any way or yamaha. i never now. or any one else. but i just saying this to people that are going out and buying something else because honda is being slow. then you guys and girls are gonna be crying because the honda is gonna be winning and your gonna be losen just because honda is a little bet slow on getting the quad out it doesn't mean honda is bad

there one of the first honda all the way

JWhite
01-01-2004, 10:35 PM
It's really no big deal as it's winter time now anyways.

Got 2 YFZ's sitting in the garage. Pretty soon there will be 2 TRX's there also. By spring 2 will be gone.

450rboy
01-01-2004, 10:57 PM
say i have put all my life on one 4 wheeler none of my money went to nothing else except my warrior and now i am selling it because hit me like a bat out of hell. i am going to sell my for $3000 and buy a TRX450R. but some times i wish i have never spent my money on that. but sence i am spent my money on 4 wheelers all my life i am going to still do on the 450r and i am going to kick some *****. i am just lucky my dad let me work for him and work at two other places or i wouldn't of been here right now. but sence i am getting payed a little more because i made and he hates me because i am the youngest and he hates 4 wheelers. and i work with hydralics and its pretty good now sence i am getting payed a little more i don't have to have 3 jobs at the same time. so i am just tellin you guys how much i like honda than i do any other. but i only got the warrior because thats what i could only aford. and this is one reason i am sticking with honda because i found some stuff about them

so i am mostly tell this to everyone don't matter what kid on 4 wheeler you get. if you push hard you will get there. like me

bye

jarsong
01-01-2004, 11:00 PM
I'll tell you this. I got a chance to ride with a CRF450R bike today and if the ATV is anything like the bike, oh my. The torque that motor had was unbelievable. ATV engine appears to be aimed at providing more torque. I'm still on the fence. This bike had sat for 3 months and was HARD to start, bar none. Interstingly enough after we got it running once, you could have blown on the kickstarter to start it. One awesome machine. I guess the good news is if lots of people switch to the Yammi, more 450R will be available. Also, I know people were forcasting early ship dates, but Honda's web site has never read anything less than Jan. I not surprised one bit that it will have a Jan. ship date. Now if it goes to Feb., well that's a different story.
jarsong

psd1
01-02-2004, 02:57 AM
edited ***

1. If you don't like someone, make believe you do or don't respond. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

TCracin440ex
01-02-2004, 06:00 AM
ive still got my 400ex and im racing nationals this spring, and im trying to decide to wait for the R or to either take the money that is going to the R and hooking the 400ex further, a-arms, axle, swing arm, shocks...but then on the other hand i wake up..and realize...400ex is a good quad never doubted it 1 time that ive had mine...but even with top of the line after market parts, and engine, it still cant hold a candle to the 450r....so im sesawin here on what to do...sell the 400ex, more $$ for the 450r or keep the 400ex and fugg the 450r....either way im racing this spring come hail or high water

SSRedRider
01-02-2004, 08:10 AM
I have got a CRF450r and I think it is the best bike I have rode. It starts on the first kick almost all of the time, the power is unbelievable, good handling, not had any problems with it, its got my vote. I also am first on the list at my honda dealer for the 450r. Can't wait, but I will, I believe that the quad will be as good as the bike.

Ride Red

JWhite
01-02-2004, 09:12 AM
That's real nice. Makes the site look real good.

Hey 450rBoy, never mind that jerk. I got your mesage fine and it was a good one.

450Racer
01-02-2004, 03:56 PM
...we've owned every Honda quad ever made...250x, 90, 250ex, 300ex, 400ex, 250R...we've waited for years for this thing to come out. we got a sponsor that is going to pay for half of a new quad. i'm getting it as long as it's by March. according to the new Dirtwheels it's an awesome machine. i have to have it. i'll probably be practicing every weekend and weekdays before the races start to get used to it but i've been through 4 quads in 3 months or racing so i'm used to it.

i'm a die hard Honda fan, and i'm not giving up:D

TCracin440ex
01-02-2004, 05:18 PM
i could get mine 1 day b4 nationals start....and i could hop on it and ride like its 2nd nature.....i dont have to get used to quads...i just hop on them and ride the hell outta it like i stole it

psd1
01-02-2004, 05:32 PM
edited **** again;)

dirtriderex
01-02-2004, 06:47 PM
Dang, that kid is annoying. 450Racer who sponsors you, How did you get sponsered.

trx440
01-02-2004, 07:38 PM
Im still first in line for the honda and I probably will buy it also.

Norrisboat,

Which dealer are you getting your's from??

norrisboat
01-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Musselman in Tucson, Champion in mesa and Apache in pheonix. I am first in line at all three stores.

trx440
01-02-2004, 10:24 PM
I was gonna get one from Apache but the best they would give me back in July was TBD MSRP + ttl, shipping and DOC fees. I got the first one coming from Canyon for a better deal.

Do you know anybody willing to pay for a first round 450R here in the Valley?? I might have one or two for sale on the first shipment.

400grl
01-03-2004, 01:22 PM
I got a chance to sit on a 450r and kick it over this week - it was pretty sweet! It feels just like a Honda - and I love that feeling. The headlights are nice and bright, and they don't dim or falter at all with the RPM's like the Banshee does - must be a nice beefy stator on there. I didn't get a chance to ride it, but revving it was fun! :) :D

It's hard to wait, but better for Honda to make changes now than for us to have to make them later.

trx440
01-03-2004, 02:09 PM
Corry,

Who had it out at the dunes?

Did you see it run?

Do you want to own the first one? I am going to sell mine. Thought I'd ask you first since you get the BIG COIN from Mr. Penske!

400grl
01-03-2004, 04:01 PM
There was a test bike out there for one of the magz - it was pretty awesome! Yeah - I saw it/heard it run/started it - sounds awesome! All it had done was the endcap removed - and it sounded really good!

I would like to get one soon, but it will all depend on how quickly I get my house and close on it. Right now it's looking like beginning of March......if you still have one to sell at that time, then I will definately be giving you a call!!! :) ;)

trx440
01-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
I will definately be giving you a call!!! :) ;)

You my friend, can call me ANYTIME!!!:D

Seriously, if you know anyone that has to have a 450R RIGHT NOW let me know, I want to sell this one coming in the first shipment.

Thanks, Rob

psd1
01-04-2004, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by psd1
edited **** again;)

I guess I should just shut up, but I am a member at numerous boards and have never had a post edited by a moderator, let alone two! I never said I didnt like the guy. He's the one that said hid dad didnt like him...not me.

I guess that since I can make a semi-rational, legible post that can be read it needs to be censored?

Sorry 450rboy! I just cant unsderstand what it is you are trying to say most of the time. And a sentence or paragraph here or there would help me in that pursuit! Thanks! :D

r450rr
01-04-2004, 01:44 AM
http://powersports.honda.com/preview/prevTRX450R.html

thats all that matters why does everyone listen to everything else... the point is is that this date on this site hasnt changed since sept...so everyone who thinks honda let them down is an idiot

psd1
01-04-2004, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by r450rr
http://powersports.honda.com/preview/prevTRX450R.html

thats all that matters why does everyone listen to everything else... the point is is that this date on this site hasnt changed since sept...so everyone who thinks honda let them down is an idiot

So then where did the other dates come from? I thought the Dec 16th date came from a Honda fax ??? Guess I must be an idiot like everyone else! :cool:

Pappy
01-04-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by psd1

Sorry 450rboy! I just cant unsderstand what it is you are trying to say most of the time. And a sentence or paragraph here or there would help me in that pursuit! Thanks! :D

much better way to respond.

this post was reported 7 times and everytime it was for your reply. sorry to tick ya off but we dont like people down right beating on each other no matter how right they are.

TCracin440ex
01-04-2004, 07:00 AM
i still dont see how any 1 can give up with honda...i could see if they was delaying because of dumb reasons...but they are delaying to improve the quality of their product...they found fault in the engineering of the suspension, so they get some 1 else to make it....they said jan. 28th to be safe....but we know it will be out b4 then....im betting bout mid january it will be out...its honda...they want to make sure all their buyers are happy...you wouldnt want them release the thing early then you go hit a jump and the shocks fail...then they have a recall the shocks...then it woulda taken 2x as long...unless you bought aftermarket shocks

Merriman
01-05-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by 400grl
There was a test bike out there for one of the magz - it was pretty awesome! Yeah - I saw it/heard it run/started it - sounds awesome! All it had done was the endcap removed - and it sounded really good!

Yup.....and I passed it on my yamaha :macho

haha......but it was good to see you and the rest of the group out there again.:)

400grl
01-06-2004, 09:08 AM
Hey Merriman!!!! :) LOL!!! :)

It was great seeing you again too!!! What a beautiful week, huh?? Glad you guys could come play with us for a little while!!! Did we bore you looking for jumps?? JP!!! Let us know next time you are heading out there!!! :)