PDA

View Full Version : maybe yamaha owners shouldnt look in here

Pages : [1] 2

Pappy
12-30-2003, 08:30 PM
well here is a new yamaha frame. didnt take a damn good rider long to find some weak spots:grr:

remlapr
12-30-2003, 08:31 PM
:eek:

gibson400ex
12-30-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
well here is a new yamaha frame. didnt take a damn good rider long to find some weak spots:grr:

wow:eek2: who's is that?:eek2:

Pappy
12-30-2003, 08:33 PM
it broke in 4 spots on the main frame

Pappy
12-30-2003, 08:33 PM
not good

12-30-2003, 08:36 PM
$hit happens

Bad Habit
12-30-2003, 08:38 PM
:eek: Did that thing go end over end or was that just from big air at a MX track?

Tommy 17
12-30-2003, 08:39 PM
AHAHAHA wow that frame has seen better days...

Pappy
12-30-2003, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Yellow416ex
:eek: Did that thing go end over end or was that just from big air at a MX track?

no wrecks other then the usual dump. the boy rides hard and goes big...but i dont think he expected this:(

12-30-2003, 08:44 PM
maybe he just got a bad one, im sure he doesnt ride like kory ellis and his was fine after a season

Pappy
12-30-2003, 08:46 PM
sure

Berry
12-30-2003, 08:46 PM
Hey it says Yamaha on the side. What do you expect?:o :eek2:

Pappy
12-30-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by pr1malr8ge
Well, considering you didn't take pictures of the entire quad and details on how it broke just makes me feel the quad was severly wrecked or something other then riding caused the damage..

Even if you did do that just riding hard Im sure you probably weight in around 300pounds with out gear.. I have a feeling this isn't your bike and only reason you are posting it is cause you are a honda fan and are stuck up.. If you have a problem with Yamaha you should have posted this @ a yamaha forum with details of what happend so OTHERs can be worried about there quad..

Once again I think you are full of ****, the quad was probably in a real bad crash or some other problem ocured that was not the result of hard riding..

ok dickhead this is the only chance you get with me. shut your hole and do some reading and learning before you pop off at the mouth

Tommy 17
12-30-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by captin' stabbin
maybe he just got a bad one, im sure he doesnt ride like kory ellis and his was fine after a season

correction... get facts b4 u talk out ya @$$... its rode by randy lehr and that boy can flat out haul... at rausch he rips everything up;) 5$ says hes keeps up with all the pros no problem... i know he can stick with dunk and natalie;)

12-30-2003, 08:49 PM
i saw his yfz at southwick, it looked like he didnt maintain it too well

LTandRaptorider
12-30-2003, 08:49 PM
Well, considering you didn't take pictures of the entire quad and details on how it broke just makes me feel the quad was severly wrecked or something other then riding caused the damage..

Even if you did do that just riding hard Im sure you probably weight in around 300pounds with out gear.. I have a feeling this isn't your bike and only reason you are posting it is cause you are a honda fan and are stuck up.. If you have a problem with Yamaha you should have posted this @ a yamaha forum with details of what happend so OTHERs can be worried about there quad..

Once again I think you are full of ****, the quad was probably in a real bad crash or some other problem ocured that was not the result of hard riding..

Oh boy... I'm grabbin some popcorn and beer to enjoy the show... :devil:

Even though I don't, nor have I ever owned a Honda, I doubt that's why he posted that pic. I personally like when someone posts a potential problem, gives me a heads up. ;)

Pappy
12-30-2003, 08:51 PM

and exactly how do you maintain a frame?

i didnt diss yamaha one bit. i even said it was rode hard by a GREAT rider. get over the brand thing and look at the issue

LathersR
12-30-2003, 08:52 PM
haha calm down tommy lol .. pappy lol

Pappy
12-30-2003, 08:53 PM
does this look like he weighs 300 pounds? 135 soaking wet id say

Tommy 17
12-30-2003, 08:54 PM

at the last rausch ride... i watched randys dad work on a member on heres quad (curt's z400) that guy knew his stuff... he maintains randys quads beyond reg maintence;)

Tommy 17
12-30-2003, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by LathersR
haha calm down tommy lol .. pappy lol

haha i'm calm... i just hate when people talk a ton of crap when they have no clue:o

batgeek
12-30-2003, 08:56 PM
I just take the facts..

the FACT is the frame BROKE.

LathersR
12-30-2003, 08:56 PM
pappy what u doin with that frame?

Pappy
12-30-2003, 08:57 PM
first off i was asked not to show pics of the whole quad because it has some parts on it that the owner doesnt want revealed. second....i dont have a reputation for lying or busting the competitions balls.

and lastly reregister jackass:macho

nacs400ex

You dont hear Kory Ellis complaining about broken frames because he probably gets a new frame every so often.

Exactly its not that we dont like Yammy its the fact that they made a ****ty frame. Maybe they released it too quick without testing it thoroughly.

How the hell do you maintain a frame other then guessesting it. I dont think having a little dirt is going to snap a frame rail in half.

Berry
primalrage you did know pappy has the power too boot ur *** off here, right?:confused: :confused: :eek2:

and exactly how do you maintain a frame?

i didnt diss yamaha one bit. i even said it was rode hard by a GREAT rider. get over the brand thing and look at the issue

thats the only cracked yfz frame ive seen, and that its his doesnt suprise me, im sure theres more uppper shock mount ones etc but thats common on all quads, you dont maintain a frame but at his level it should of been gusseted like any other frame, im sure he doesnt go easy on it and it looked beat when i saw it, it didnt appear he gave two ****s about the quad either

Pappy
12-30-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by LathersR
pappy what u doin with that frame?

i walked in the shop and there it was. they are putting it back together now. i was shocked. i had heard that natalie had cracked his but not real bad. it wouldnt keep me from buyin one just kinda floored me to see it in that condition.

LathersR
12-30-2003, 09:02 PM
Well the point of the thread was.. Check out this yfz450 frame, pretty beat eh?.. It' s a friend of mines that races MX... the point wasn't to start an argument... everyone calm down.. every stock frame has probs

rowlrag
first off i was asked not to show pics of the whole quad because it has some parts on it that the owner doesnt want revealed. second....i dont have a reputation for lying or busting the competitions balls.

and lastly reregister jackass:macho
DAMMM, only 2 posts for the Jackhole and already gets the BOOT!!! ROLMFAO That's gotta be a record, has to be

nacs400ex
Well Yamaha claimed its a race quad, so it should hold up to the abuse of racing. My 400ex didnt have any trouble at all breaking frames. :o

Originally posted by nacs400ex
You dont hear Kory Ellis complaining about broken frames because he probably gets a new frame every so often.

Exactly its not that we dont like Yammy its the fact that they made a ****ty frame. Maybe they released it too quick without testing it thoroughly.

How the hell do you maintain a frame other then guessesting it. I dont think having a little dirt is going to snap a frame rail in half.

Its probaly the best quad ever produced and will be for years to come

A few problems and its automatically oh its junk

dirtmomma
Originally posted by LTandRaptorider
Oh boy... I'm grabbin some popcorn and beer to enjoy the show... :devil:

HAHA DITTO!!

LathersR
12-30-2003, 09:03 PM
i walked in the shop and there it was. they are putting it back together now. i was shocked. i had heard that natalie had cracked his but not real bad. it wouldnt keep me from buyin one just kinda floored me to see it in that condition.

lol.. i would of got the same impression but prolly woulda rubbed it into a couple buddies of mine that are going to and have bought a yfz:devil:

Bad Habit
If you would have posted a complete pictures of the bike and not have posted it like Hondas never brake and all you have is pictures of yamahas..

Well, I know for a fact that Pappy has posted pics of broken EX swing arms. You're new so you haven't seen em so I'll cut you some slack.............oh wait, no I won't............
http://home.comcast.net/~yellow416ex/img146.gif

Well Yamaha claimed its a race quad, so it should hold up to the abuse of racing. My 400ex didnt have any trouble at all breaking frames. :o

yeah and a 400ex has half the horsepower lol

throw a crf motor in a 400ex and see how long its lasts.....

this legendary r stuff is bull**** as well, there good quads but ive seen more broken rs than anything else

lol
12-30-2003, 09:04 PM

Yo man, u betta watch it, u messin wit a moderator

Pappy
12-30-2003, 09:04 PM
Its probaly the best quad ever produced and will be for years to come

A few problems and its automatically oh its junk

did i call it junk? im gonna boot the ignorant sob's that dont get that this just happened. it isnt a honda vs yamaha thing. if it had been a honda id have posted the pics just the same.

MotoX3
12-30-2003, 09:05 PM
yeah and a 400ex has half the horsepower lol not a good thing to say on a honda site....

12-30-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by MotoX3
not a good thing to say on a honda site....

i own a 400ex

pappy it should be obvious this thread was gonan spark a yami vs honda war

Pappy
i own a 400ex

pappy it should be obvious this thread was gonan spark a yami vs honda war

not obvious. i expect that crap from kids but not adults.

LathersR
R's are still great.. and they have the most parts made for them. I think they are still the top.

12-30-2003, 09:10 PM
did i call it junk? im gonna boot the ignorant sob's that dont get that this just happened. it isnt a honda vs yamaha thing. if it had been a honda id have posted the pics just the same.

would it of been called honda owners dont look here? no offense

but yamaha is the guy who always trys and does something really good and still gets no respect, you keep pushing him around then one day hes just gonna punch you in the face

batgeek
12-30-2003, 09:11 PM
the R is the most versitile quad ever made. period.

you keep pushing him around then one day hes just gonna punch you in the face

getting punched in the face by a 80lb kid that tries too hard but fails more than suceeds...doesn't hurt much.

crap-banshee32
12-30-2003, 09:12 PM
dang....ppl go off for some unknown reasons....
like pappy said, i dont think he posted the pics and made the thread to start arguments...i think he just made it to show u guys and give u a heads up.

from what i saw at rausch in august, randy lehr is a great rider and prob does put alot of stress on that stock frame...but as we all know...things happen

so everyone please calm down, i dont want to c more ppl get banned for stupid reasons
:(

nick

Pappy
12-30-2003, 09:16 PM
would it of been called honda owners dont look here? no offense

if it were a new honda i would have been much much harder on it.

LTandRaptorider
12-30-2003, 09:16 PM
[

getting punched in the face by a 80lb kid that tries too hard but fails more than suceeds...doesn't hurt much. [/B][/QUOTE]

hahahaha!!! :devil: I like it!! :D

chucked
12-30-2003, 09:17 PM
does anyone else feel anything fishy about captin stabbin??

Tommy 17
12-30-2003, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by batgeek

getting punched in the face by a 80lb kid that tries too hard but fails more than suceeds...doesn't hurt much.

now thats funny:p

nacs400ex
12-30-2003, 09:20 PM
yeah and a 400ex has half the horsepower lol

throw a crf motor in a 400ex and see how long its lasts.....

this legendary r stuff is bull**** as well, there good quads but ive seen more broken rs than anything else

You have seen more broken R's then anything else because they have been out since 86, your bound to hear/ have problems.

Can you explain to me why Ballance was running 1st when he was on his R, and then went to the YFZ and BANG problems.

400ex, I dont care what you have to say about that. They are not my cup of tea.

Dave400ex
12-30-2003, 09:20 PM
I'd say it's time for a Gusset job! :blah: :D

gibson400ex
12-30-2003, 09:21 PM
no wrecks other then the usual dump. the boy rides hard and goes big...but i dont think he expected this:(

of course he go's big that is Randy Lehrs frame:p :p :eek2:

Pappy
12-30-2003, 09:21 PM
ya know i called the suki frame garbage before anyone ever got the chance to break one up. ive seen alot of the yammy frames and ive always had the assumption that all in all they were pretty tuff. randy can break anything...and im quite sure when he gets on the new honda HE WILL. hell his leagers frame looked like a spider web from all the cracks he had. he isnt one to complain...you fix it and ride some more.

JOEX
12-30-2003, 09:22 PM
Pappy, I think you may have been a bit rash in banning pr1malr8ge. Sure he could have been a bit more tactful in his post but you being a moderator should be able to take the high road and let the chit slide off. I respect and trust your opinions but I think you took it a bit too personal and over reacted in this situation. JMO

Joe

12-30-2003, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by chucked
does anyone else feel anything fishy about captin stabbin??

yeah I see how it is, Im open about my religous beliefs and i become singled out!

Yeah Im more than a little angry today

My wife was run off the road by some a hole who was way out of control, hit a snowbank nearly totalled are damn brand new mini van!

Would you be happy after a day like that? not to mention the guy didn't even have insurance! Ill end up paying for that!

Pappy
12-30-2003, 09:23 PM
yeah and him threatening to shoot me helped his case. let me worry about the jackass

310Rduner
12-30-2003, 09:26 PM
the R is the most versitile quad ever made. period.

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/chester90210/lmao.gif

Every time you post.. I respect you that much more:)

gibson400ex
12-30-2003, 09:27 PM
yeah I see how it is, Im open about my religous beliefs and i become singled out!

My wife was run off the road by some a hole who was way out of control, hit a snowbank nearly totalled are damn brand new mini van!

Would you be happy after a day like that? not to mention the guy didn't even have insurance! Ill end up paying for that!

Captin you said your qife died becasue she fell off of your boat while dragging you fishing net.......you hit a reef or somthign and she feel in:rolleyes:

LTandRaptorider
12-30-2003, 09:27 PM

Hmmm... I didn't see religion being brought in to it. :confused:

Was the driver drunk??

nacs400ex
12-30-2003, 09:28 PM

So because you believe in god and your wife smashed up the van you can come on here and hoot and holler about the YFZ being king and R's and ex's being crap.

Just because I have a bad day, I dont come here and make a big song and a dance. Everyone has bad days, thats life deal with it.

LTandRaptorider
12-30-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by js52589
lmao... somethins wrong with me tonight im laughing my *** off at everything... the last post on the 4th page by pappy, I just about fell out of my chair, and the reef thing just came off as really funny :blah: :o

Remember... puff-pass! ;)

batgeek
12-30-2003, 09:29 PM
as the saying goes....excuses are like arseholes, yadda yadda yadda.

oh just to clarify, this was in response to captin stabbin(sp?) post.

chucked
12-30-2003, 09:33 PM

I dont know theres just something fishy about everything ive noticed in the posts of yours i have seen.

RaptorRidrTX
12-30-2003, 09:34 PM
Personally I think someone here went to far banning primal because he disagreed with you. He gives his opinion then you come back calling him a dickhead and threatening him with your powers. To me that's a little uncalled for, you do the name calling yet he gets banned? It's not like he was disagreeing that it happened, but I think there is more to it than you can see. Sure that kid is good, but he is not at the level of the national pros like somebody mentioned, and none of them have broken the frame like that. You said he had the "usual dumps", well what exactly does that mean? A usual dump for someone that rides on that level is most likely going to be much worse than the wrecks most normal riders get into. I don't think you meant to start anything with that title, but like someone mentioned you can definately see how it could start up something bad.

12-30-2003, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by gibson400ex
Captin you said your qife died becasue she fell off of your boat while dragging you fishing net.......you hit a reef or somthign and she feel in:rolleyes:

Yeah about 5 years ago! With the help of the church I have been able to move on and since have remarried if you read more carefully!

The driver didn't appear drunk , The local police are suppose to get back to me asap.My wife was complaining of neck and back pain so we were at the hospital til nearly 9 pm. They said she should be ok, just suffering from a stiff neck.

Excuse me for being a little moody

And don't even begin to tell me about the cold hard facts of life,When you have to watch the love of your life pass on and you know you might of been able to save her and you live with that everyday of your life get back to me!

There atv's the day you bring a mans dead wife into it because your angry about your 250r is the day you should take a good look in the mirror and think about what kind of person you really are!

Pappy
re read his post directed at me. it WAS personal PERIOD. now get over the fact that he was banned. he can re register and join in and offer his take in a much better way then he did originally.

the quad wasnt wrecked and i didnt offer any excuses or reasons it broke...chit does happen. it could be honda..yammy suki woh cares. but it is a break and its here for you to see. nothing more...nothing less.

dirtmomma

ROFLMGDAO OH MY I must go now hehehehehehehehe you guys f^kin crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he said no she said no he said no she said blah blah blah blah:blah:

kwatts400
12-30-2003, 09:43 PM
I had the pleasure of banning someone from my restuarant last week because they didn't know when to stop running their mouth. I gave the guy 2 chances, he failed both of them. I won, it feels good to win!!!

gibson400ex
12-30-2003, 09:45 PM
Yeah about 5 years ago! With the help of the church I have been able to move on and since have remarried if you read more carefully!

The driver didn't appear drunk , The local police are suppose to get back to me asap.My wife was complaining of neck and back pain so we were at the hospital til nearly 9 pm. They said she should be ok, just suffering from a stiff neck.

Excuse me for being a little moody

And don't even begin to tell me about the cold hard facts of life,When you have to watch the love of your life pass on and you know you might of been able to save her and you live with that everyday of your life get back to me!

There atv's the day you bring a mans dead wife into it because your angry about your 250r is the day you should take a good look in the mirror and think about what kind of person you really are!

sorry captin didnt know:( sorry for her loss and hope you and your new wife are happy together;)

batgeek
12-30-2003, 09:46 PM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
ROFLMGDAO OH MY I must go now hehehehehehehehe you guys f^kin crack me up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! he said no she said no he said no she said blah blah blah blah:blah:

hehe, it's all about the he said, she said bullchit...

ima go Limp Bizkit on ya!

chucked
12-30-2003, 09:47 PM
hehe, it's all about the he said, she said bullchit...

ima go Limp Bizkit on ya!
I aint no joke, so you should get a pen, and write yourself a little note so you dont forget again.

12-30-2003, 09:48 PM
Well, I wasn't going to comment again as It's not worth it to..

But Pappy, you are a LIAR.. you are the one who threanted to "****" me up and offered your address then asked for mine..

I'm sorry but you are a lowlife ******* and just because you are a mod and you're gonna ban me again cause I just called you a LIAR AGAIN.. you have some issues if you want to kill me over a ****ing internet forum..

Dude get a life.. get some major help.

Once again I still don't believe you and what RaptorriderTX said exactly what I meant.

2001400ex
12-30-2003, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by kwatts400
I had the pleasure of banning someone from my restuarant last week because they didn't know when to stop running their mouth. I gave the guy 2 chances, he failed both of them. I won, it feels good to win!!!

lol...:blah:

chucked
12-30-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Primalrage

But Pappy, you are a LIAR.. you are the one who threanted to "FU'c'K" me up and offered your address then asked for mine..

I'm sorry but you are a lowlife ******* and just because you are a mod and you're gonna ban me again cause I just called you a LIAR AGAIN.. you have some issues if you want to kill me over a ****ing internet forum..

Once again I still don't believe you and what RaptorriderTX said exactly what I meant.

someone has sand in their vagania tonight

kwatts400
12-30-2003, 09:50 PM
or it just hurts!

310Rduner

But Pappy, you are a LIAR.. you are the one who threanted to "FU'c'K" me up and offered your address then asked for mine..

When the bell rings fighters come out of your corners!

*Ding Ding Ding*

Time for round 2:macho

batgeek
WOW!

LTandRaptorider
Originally posted by dirtmomma

Yep, I'll take this over daytime soaps anyday!!! :p

And gib... it ws HIS loss... :blah: just playin with ya!

kwatts400
12-30-2003, 09:51 PM
time for a beer

chucked
Originally posted by 310Rduner
When the bell rings fighters come out of your corners!

*Ding Ding Ding*

Time for round 2:macho
lmao

edited because the language isnt appropriate for you normal folks who dont have to deal with this internet gimp

batgeek
12-30-2003, 09:52 PM
hehe, if you bring it at a race...i don't think yer gonna win.

i wouldn't mind watching that.

12-30-2003, 09:53 PM

Very uncalled for!

The bible has taught me never to judge someone unless you really know what that person has been through,Don't use such vicious words unless you can truly mean them. Don't judge pappy because there is no way you can really know him from what ive seen.

chucked
12-30-2003, 09:53 PM
50 bucks on pappy

batgeek
12-30-2003, 09:54 PM
yeah, i wanna see Pappy go Gettysburg on this dude.

LTandRaptorider
12-30-2003, 09:54 PM

twat? I c*nt hear you... :devil:

gibson400ex
12-30-2003, 09:55 PM
you guys.......it was about a frame breaking......geeze:rolleyes: j/k

Pappy
ok...ive explained why i didnt take pics of the entire quad.

ive told you all i know about the break

ive told you to relax and join in with intelligent conversation....but you havent as of yet. instead you have a conspiracy thing happening in your head and continue to blame me because the frame broke

Well, dude I don't want to fight ****.. If he wants to fight me I will go there and let him try. after he hits me I will just walk away and get ahold of my atourney and make some quick cash over a little bit of pain.

This guy has some problems that he is threating me over some stupid post online.. all it shows is how insecure he is.

SuzukiRacr07
yall are like worshiping this thread...... this is the first YFZ frame ive seen break....... ive seen plenty EX frames break when not gusseted...... if it isnt gusseted...... it isnt going to last period... i dnt care if its yamaha, suzuki, or honda...... he prolly didnt gusset it because he was waiting for the 04 season to do it so he would have some time....... just chill out yall..... and stick to the facts.... i know it the fact is it broke, but another one is that it was not gusseted...... BTW, that yamaha is the fastest quad on the market..... it mite be faster than the honda, it might not..... i think the yami will be faster by looking at the specs but i am not for sure yet...... just take everything into consideration... not just "its a yamaha"

310Rduner
Pappy can just sick cujo on you

http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/chester90210/quad%20pics%203921.jpg

gibson400ex

are you sure?:confused: i thoguht it was puff-puff-pass:confused: :blah:

coryatver
12-30-2003, 09:56 PM
Wow that frame is messed up! Happy new years everyone

chucked
12-30-2003, 09:56 PM
i think the original start of this thread WAS concerning Honda pride, and I think all us honda guys should be proud of it. and if you aint a honda guy, MYODB

2001400ex
12-30-2003, 09:57 PM
Oh man this is awesome. Defenitely better then reality TV.

LTandRaptorider
12-30-2003, 09:58 PM
are you sure?:confused: i thoguht it was puff-puff-pass:confused: :blah:

Now that's just being greedy! :devil:

rowlrag
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RaptorRidrTX
[B]Personally I think someone here went to far banning primal because he disagreed with you. He gives his opinion then you come back calling him a dickhead and threatening him with your powers. To me that's a little uncalled for, you do the name calling yet he gets banned?

I don't think so, you think POPO wouldn't say or do something for comments like that? That wasn't an opinion that was a personal attack towards someone he most likely does not know.

chucked
i wish i didnt have to keep hitting the reload button, like the posts appeared as they are posted

Pappy
12-30-2003, 09:59 PM
Well, dude I don't want to fight ****.. If he wants to fight me I will go there and let him try. after he hits me I will just walk away and get ahold of my atourney and make some quick cash over a little bit of pain.

This guy has some problems that he is threating me over some stupid post online.. all it shows is how insecure he is.

i treat people like they treat me. consider that when you review why i was angry.

infact take a look at the smilies i used in the thread and the initail post. does it look like i am expressing joy over the frame breaking?

I don't care about the frame braking but it sure sounds fishy that he wont show pictures of the rest of the frame because of some top secret ****.. Yah if tis that top secrete just blank out the parts that can't be shown how hard is that..

I would imagine even a 5 year old could work the mouse enough in paint to do that simple task..

as far as intelgance well Im not the one claiming to **** someone up over the internet

Ohh and as far as frames braking it happens I just want to see the rest of the frame.

LTandRaptorider
Very uncalled for!

The bible has taught me never to judge someone unless you really know what that person has been through,Don't use such vicious words unless you can truly mean them. Don't judge pappy because there is no way you can really know him from what ive seen.

Oh jesus... :rolleyes:

jamiesel
nasty pics!! I feel for the pro production guys, they are going to hammer those things. I will make some insurance claims when I break mine I guess. I wonder how hondas will hold up.

LTandRaptorider
12-30-2003, 10:00 PM
i wish i didnt have to keep hitting the reload button, like the posts appeared as they are posted

Right! I ws just thinking that!! Damn, I was gonna go to bed...

gibson400ex
12-30-2003, 10:00 PM
Now that's just being greedy! :devil:

well i guess im a little greedy:confused: :devil: :blah: j/k

12-30-2003, 10:01 PM
I DID NOT EVER THREATEN YOU. I have more common decency I just asked for evidence to back up your statement..

I did not even call you a LIAR bluntly I just did not believe you.. and nowhere in my posts did I warent the threats you said to me..

so once again you need to reiterate your words and stop being suchs a prick.

12-30-2003, 10:01 PM
this is the 1st frame Iv'e seen break on the YFZ's & this would have been prevented if the kid would have gusseted his frame for those big jumps...i wouldn't let this situation change my mind about buying one of these engineering marvels

chucked
12-30-2003, 10:02 PM
guys I gotta be at work in 8 hrs, so can we hold off until I get off at 4? THANKS!

rowlrag
12-30-2003, 10:02 PM
50 bucks on pappy
$1000
:mad:

Pappy
12-30-2003, 10:03 PM
does anyone here think im a pro honda or pro yamaha guy:confused:

ofcourse gusseting will help cracks...but how ya gonna gusset there?

intelligence please:p

2001400ex
Right! I ws just thinking that!! Damn, I was gonna go to bed...

LMAO ditto.:D

Originally posted by Jumbo747
this is the 1st frame Iv'e seen break on the YFZ's & this would have been prevented if the kid would have gusseted his frame for those big jumps...i wouldn't let this situation change my mind about buying one of these engineering marvels

see thats all I was trying to say!

Originally posted by rowlrag
$1000
:mad:

Umm, Im not gonna fight him so you win.. collect from pappy cause I will be collecting from him aslo a nice settlement in court.

chucked
12-30-2003, 10:04 PM
i bet he wont be the one to throw the first punch. and even if he does there will be alot of witnesses that say otherwise ;)

crap-banshee32
12-30-2003, 10:05 PM
OMG....someone please just close the thread!!

ofcourse gusseting will help cracks...but how ya gonna gusset there?

intelligence please:p

The 400exs ive seen have tubing around the tubing to reinforce it

chucked
damnit dont ban him yet Im trying to piss him off so I will have somethign to read when I get off a work

Pappy
sorry i just wanted everyone to know that if you start an aim conversation with "dude your a d!ck" it wont help you get information or anything else for that matter:p

chucked
12-30-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by crap-banshee32
OMG....someone please just close the thread!!
might as well, that guy got banned again :rolleyes:

LTandRaptorider
12-30-2003, 10:06 PM
Umm, Im not gonna fight him so you win.. collect from pappy cause I will be collecting from him aslo a nice settlement in court.

hahahahahahahahaha!!!! :D :D :D

banned TWICE in twenty minutes... :devil:

Sorry Pappy, I was tryin to come up with an itelligent repsonse to your question, but i'm pissin myself!! :devil:

2001400ex
12-30-2003, 10:07 PM
Yeah. I agree with whoever said that he should've gusseted it for jumping that big, I'd still get a YFZ if I had the money.

rowlrag
12-30-2003, 10:08 PM
DAMMMM, 6 posts and he's in the money :eek2:

RaptorRidrTX
12-30-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by rowlrag
[QUOTE]Originally posted by RaptorRidrTX
[B]Personally I think someone here went to far banning primal because he disagreed with you. He gives his opinion then you come back calling him a dickhead and threatening him with your powers. To me that's a little uncalled for, you do the name calling yet he gets banned?

I don't think so, you think POPO wouldn't say or do something for comments like that? That wasn't an opinion that was a personal attack towards someone he most likely does not know.

Huh? I don't get your reference to POPO (yes I know who he is). Now I didn't see what primal said as a personal attack, sure saying that Pappy was FOS wasn't called for but it wasn't a direct personal attack. Now getting called a dickhead is personal and uncalled for as a response Primal's comment, especially from a moderator.

Pappy
12-30-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by 2001400ex
Yeah. I agree with whoever said that he should've gusseted it for jumping that big, I'd still get a YFZ if I had the money.

ok!!!! so now yammy owners know a new area that may need attention. geez how hard is it to be civilized:grr:

2001400ex
12-30-2003, 10:10 PM
Am I being yelled at or being commended, I don't know so I'm not going to say anything before I end up being banned next.:eek2:

Pappy
12-30-2003, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by RaptorRidrTX
Now getting called a dickhead is personal and uncalled for as a response Primal's comment, especially from a moderator.

i am a member here too and i wouldnt allow him to attack you either. get over the pettiness of his dribble. he is looking for excuses and i dont have any. it broke. it was rode hard. what more do you want.

Pappy
12-30-2003, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by 2001400ex
Am I being yelled at or being commended, I don't know so I'm not going to say anything before I end up being banned next.:eek2:

it would be a crappy thread if i wasnt pissed about the frame breaking. i in no way intended for it to be taken as such. im more mad that others take it like i wanted to poke fun at the damage. if id post the mofo on every quad site and make it a sticky here with the title " new yamaha is junk" i could see some reasoning behind the anger. but thats not the way i feel so why do it?

2001400ex
12-30-2003, 10:16 PM
I'm sorry but I'm still not sure what you mean? I already know/have known you did not mean to stir any chit here. And I would never try to as well.

Woodsrider
12-30-2003, 10:24 PM
LOL I was one of the first veiws of this thread and didnt think much of it. So I blew it off. I leave, go eat dinner and come back and its 8 fuggin pages:eek: I couldnt read as fast as y'all was postin' and bannin peeps:devil:

Big fuggin deal the frame broke, live and learn. If youre goin big, hire a good welder;)

BigBadRap660
12-30-2003, 10:27 PM
this whole thread seems to hate on yamaha. because theres an awesome rider beating the hell out of it, its bound to break. if u put a rider like that on a little EX, it will break along with anything else. NO machine is bulletproof. it seems like someone, not mentioning any names, is trying to find EVERY excuse to hate on the new yammi. :confused: i dont get it, when something better comes out than an EX, all the honda riders talk shi* about the new machine, even when you know its a damn good machine, better than the EX. just me .02 tho;)

CHAR250R
12-30-2003, 10:30 PM
Pappy, what happened to the frame? Replaced? Repaired? Replaced with an aftermarket? Remind me not to let that boy ride anything I own!

2001400ex
12-30-2003, 10:31 PM
Not all EX riders think like you think we do. Some may, but I don't, I love all types of quads, ranging from the 250R, to the Banshee, to the Predator, to the YFZ, to the Raptor, to the 450R, to the Z400, to a LT250R, LT500, and a KFX, and much more. Including my 400EX. I'd love to have any one of those quads. Sure some people have alot of pride in their quad, and will think nothing can beat it, but not all.

Pappy
12-30-2003, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by CHAR250R
Pappy, what happened to the frame? Replaced? Repaired? Replaced with an aftermarket? Remind me not to let that boy ride anything I own!

they were repairing it tonight. he has another frame that will be used as his race bike but i think after this one they will be figuring out what caused it and how to prevent it. i dont think he can run aftermarket...but like i posted earlier he breaks them too:p

batgeek
12-30-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by BigBadRap660
this whole thread seems to hate on yamaha. because theres an awesome rider beating the hell out of it, its bound to break. if u put a rider like that on a little EX, it will break along with anything else. NO machine is bulletproof. it seems like someone, not mentioning any names, is trying to find EVERY excuse to hate on the new yammi. :confused: i dont get it, when something better comes out than an EX, all the honda riders talk shi* about the new machine, even when you know its a damn good machine, better than the EX. just me .02 tho;)

i believe in all honesty Pappy posted this as a heads up for anyone that owns a YZF...he didn't mean it as a bash.

it was the Yami owners that got defensive....it always seems the Yami owners do that. every board i go to the problem children seem to be majorily Yami riders...well except bluetraxx.

Pappy
12-30-2003, 10:44 PM
well im up to 4 death threats over this thread:p

its kinda funny being told that death will be dealt me when the killer cant even reach the cards:p

BigBadRap660
12-30-2003, 10:46 PM
well i know if i posted some pics of the new hondas frame cracked, or anything else wrong with it, i know for a fact everyone on this site will get offended and pissed off. this is a bunch of BS and u are just hating yamaha for releasing a better machine than the honda. :devil:

Pappy
12-30-2003, 10:46 PM
well i know if i posted some pics of the new hondas frame cracked, or anything else wrong with it, i know for a fact everyone on this site will get offended and pissed off. this is a bunch of BS and u are just hating yamaha for releasing a better machine than the honda. :devil:

hell id post them too:huh

2001400ex
12-30-2003, 10:47 PM
I doubt people would get pissed, but you never know. Look what this turned into. The only way I would get pissed if the 450R cracked a frame is if I built it.;)

Out_Sider
12-30-2003, 10:49 PM
that was definatly an interesting thread. I can understand why Pappy was upset about that dudes idiotic remarks towards him. If you ask me he was asking for trouble himself. Good job Pappy, on removing his arse from exriders. You said all you could to why the frame broke, yet he still talked chit about you. I wonder sometimes to ppl act so stupid...i guess we'll never know :p

BigBadRap660
12-30-2003, 10:53 PM
bull****, you guys would be making excuses on why it broke. but im done on arguing on this stupid thread bc one YFZ frame cracked. :p ;) :rolleyes:

Pappy
12-30-2003, 10:53 PM
well i cant see deleting his or other posts when i didnt do nuttin till after i was hammered. i dont play games nomore...especially when im dead serious about a quad problem.

Bob-Hobo
12-30-2003, 10:57 PM
this whole thread seems to hate on yamaha. because theres an awesome rider beating the hell out of it, its bound to break. if u put a rider like that on a little EX, it will break along with anything else. NO machine is bulletproof. it seems like someone, not mentioning any names, is trying to find EVERY excuse to hate on the new yammi. :confused: i dont get it, when something better comes out than an EX, all the honda riders talk shi* about the new machine, even when you know its a damn good machine, better than the EX. just me .02 tho;) Where in the world did u read that people on this thread are hatin on the yamaha. I didnt read a single thing from a member say, well its shyit cuz its a yamaha. If it was the new 450r it woulda been posted. Its a good thing pappy did post it, so people can catch these things before they get 450cc Yamaha engine up thier ***.:huh

BigBadRap660
12-30-2003, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Berry
Hey it says Yamaha on the side. What do you expect?:o :eek2:

im sorry. maybe you should read it all before you make a post thinking you know it all. ;) bob-hobo

Originally posted by Bob-Hobo
I didnt read a single thing from a member say, well its shyit cuz its a yamaha.

batgeek
12-30-2003, 11:06 PM
i thought you were done?:huh

BigBadRap660
12-30-2003, 11:09 PM
i was just making a point. and i just proved it. ;)

batgeek
12-30-2003, 11:10 PM
done yet?

Pappy
12-30-2003, 11:12 PM
no matter what brand the quad was you are going to have smart azzd remarks. i have friends that race the new yammy and they have already started planning on beefing the frame in that area. geez....why would someone wanna be my friend:o you new guys better take note on WHO posts what around here. you will notice that a few of us dont take sides....but we dont take chit either;)

and back to the death threats...lmfao i own no guns...im a weak man...please dont attempt to hurt me:)

BigBadRap660
12-30-2003, 11:22 PM
as for getting death threats, thats retarded (no offence to anyone who is ;) ) but thats some BS if your getting threats just because of a post u made. i dont get why some people have to go to extremes for something like this, but it just doesnt happen because of nothing, someones gotta start something like this.

Bob-Hobo
12-30-2003, 11:25 PM
im sorry. maybe you should read it all before you make a post thinking you know it all. ;) bob-hobo HE didnt say its shyt because its a Yamaha did he? No he didnt.:o

batgeek
12-30-2003, 11:29 PM
it was implied....duh.

Bob-Hobo
12-30-2003, 11:29 PM
But he didnt say it did he? No he did not, i rest my case :huh

BigBadRap660
12-30-2003, 11:32 PM
u know exactly what he was trying to say, stop trying to be all technical:rolleyes: ;)

shee dawg
12-30-2003, 11:33 PM
i believe in all honesty Pappy posted this as a heads up for anyone that owns a YZF...he didn't mean it as a bash.

First of all, I've never seen Pappy talking down the YFZ but
you honestly think Pappy wanted to inform YFZ riders to this issue?
If he had any intention to inform anyone it would not have been posted the way he decide to Title the post and wrote "well here is a new yamaha frame. didnt take a damn good rider long to find some weak spots" END
(Anyone who owns a YFZ and or has done thier homework knows there has been issues with the frames in extreme conditions.)
Yeah theres a whole lot of information to the post.
Throw that out and let all the 12 year olds on this site to ring in.

He may have been sleep deprived or had no time to post the complete story or in a rare moment it may have been poor judgement.:eek: I didnt say that...whos editting me posts :cool:
I personally followed the tread to get the full story but after all the cat fighting I gave up.

I didnt end up reading the last 7 pages of nosence to find out how this accually did happen but im sure it wasnt from hard landings with a 140lb rider.
I can tell you what I watched that kid ride and hes no joke. He rides to the edge and that is what happens to quads when you are always needed to push the envelope. No one rides perfect all the time right.
To be honest, im surprized he didnt have it gusseted the first mention of the integrity of the YFZ frames. I sure as hell wouldnt of wanted it to hinder my getting to the checkered.

Yeah, This should have been shut down a long time ago, anyone who cares to know...knows already and anyone that wants to know can find out the information in the correct format.

PAPPY you lier!!! I know we know for a fact that you have some kickass guns. They just dont happen to shoot bullets :blah:

Pappy
12-30-2003, 11:35 PM
im gonna start another thread so that you all will see the difference in a post meant to piss yamaha owners off.

batgeek
12-30-2003, 11:37 PM
Throw that out and let all the 12 year olds on this site to ring in.

exactly, and the kiddies went crazy.

any adult(or mature young person) would know Pappy didn't post that as a bash.

kwatts400
12-30-2003, 11:37 PM
I'm pretty sure that when the Honda 450r finally comes out, Pappy will be the first one on here to let us know what is wrong w/ it. Most of us will probably listen to him, too.

Bob-Hobo
12-30-2003, 11:38 PM
u know exactly what he was trying to say, stop trying to be all technical:rolleyes: ;) I would, but then it wouldnt be fun:o

12-30-2003, 11:40 PM

LMGDMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:macho :blah:

JOEX
12-30-2003, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by kwatts400
I'm pretty sure that when the Honda 450r finally comes out, Pappy will be the first one on here to let us know what is wrong w/ it. Most of us will probably listen to him, too.
I agree with that:macho :)

Joe

shee dawg
12-30-2003, 11:42 PM
im gonna start another thread so that you all will see the difference in a post meant to piss yamaha owners off.

Come on Pap ifyou were to do anything to that effect... close this one and start a tread to fully explain the frame in the picture if anything. Dont start another one of these threads, leave it to the youngins

Pappy
12-30-2003, 11:42 PM
maybe yamaha owners shouldnt look in here
well here is a new yamaha frame. didnt take a damn good rider long to find some weak spots

^ thats the opening title and post. in the original there is mad faces which an intelligent person would regard as me being unhappy. second off...RIGHT FROM THE START i say it was riden by a good rider not some couch humper that see's daylight only if he has help lifting his 3 chins. third....weak spots. since the yammy is new and there hasnt been much talk of any weakness i suppose that could be the root of the anger.

so i digress....the word weak pissed someone off.

weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak weak

ok by now you should be oblivious to that word.

if the owner had rolled that sob off a cliff id have said so. if it was hit by a truck..id have said so. but what did i say on the first page and supported with pictures? THE BOY GOES BIG.

so to sumarize...anyone who got upset that the frame broke is a loser. i mean for christ sakes....if you went half that big your *** would fall from your throat and the quad would be of no concern. so maybe this thread should be titled...only look if you have the nutz to see what happens when you repeatedly AIR OUT a new yamaha and ride the mofo like you stole it:devil:

get a life...palllezzee

BigBadRap660
12-30-2003, 11:46 PM
not meaning to nag on, but do u have any pics of the guy "airing it out"?

shee dawg
12-30-2003, 11:47 PM
[i]. so maybe this thread should be titled...only look if you have the nutz to see what happens when you repeatedly AIR OUT a new yamaha and ride the mofo like you stole it:devil: [/B]

Yup this tread would have got a total of 2 pages maybe.

Be damn true too!

Pappy
12-30-2003, 11:47 PM
not meaning to nag on, but do u have any pics of the guy "airing it out"?

ok couch humper ill post one so you dont have to actually read the thread:blah:

Pappy
12-30-2003, 11:49 PM
more

Pappy
12-30-2003, 11:51 PM
and believe me...he didnt complain one bit about it breaking.

kwatts400
12-30-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I agree with that:macho :)

Joe

Thanks JOEX, kevin.

450Racer
12-30-2003, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by js52589
lmao... somethins wrong with me tonight im laughing my *** off at everything... the last post on the 4th page by pappy, I just about fell out of my chair, and the reef thing just came off as really funny :blah: :o

same here...i love listening to the ignorance being beaten out of people:blah:

12-31-2003, 12:00 AM
and believe me...he didnt complain one bit about it breaking. prob. b/c daddy LEHR has got the bill for the repair :rolleyes:

Pappy
12-31-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Jumbo747
prob. b/c daddy LEHR has got the bill for the repair :rolleyes:

ive seen pro riders throw a fit when a part breaks and blame everything from the manufacturer to thier mechanic. parts break when ya ride hard.

and if his dad supports him .....i say go for it. there is only a handful of talent out there and if he can ride at the level of pro then he deserves support

12-31-2003, 12:09 AM
oh..i never really thought about how a pro reacts to when their parts break? I guess it would be easier to blame it on the part &/or the maufacturer than their own fault & their reputation

Pappy
12-31-2003, 12:14 AM
it just cracks me up to no end that people get emotional over a frame..lmfao

i just checked several other atv sites and there is no mention of frames busting apart. and again this thread wasnt meant to expose the yfz as a POS. i doubt i could ever break one in a lifetime...but if i did ill be sure to post pics:devil:

12-31-2003, 12:19 AM
i know most people prob. couldn;'t if they tried & when they did bend it they prob. had serious body injury...like I said, all the kid should have done was have his dad gusset the frame for those big of jumps :cool:

450Racer
12-31-2003, 12:29 AM
Pappy, the day i met you and Randy Lehr at the Rausch ride was the first time i saw that kid ride. he is a MACHINE! he hit everything with ease. if you are jumping 100 feet long on ANYTHING it will eventually bend or break. i'm sure he didn't think of gusseting the frame either. i doubt he has time to do every little thing on all of his quads. i GUARANTEE with time someone will break the Honda frame. nothing is perfect. i give Yamaha credit, they build one helll of a quad. the only thing i've ever owned has been a Honda. 90, 250, 300, 400, and 450R. my dad had a 250x, 250r, and ATC250. i was considering buyign the Yamaha. am i biast? Pappy probably just saved most of you MX riders with YFZ's the hasel of breaking your frames now...

Pappy
12-31-2003, 12:32 AM
he hit every jump at rausch on the yfz bone stock.

dont worry....people need entertainment and they got it. they learned a little too. its pappys educational seminar and darwin call out night:devil:

QuadJunkies
12-31-2003, 12:34 AM
twat? I c*nt hear you... :devil: ROLF!!!!!!!!!!! That was too much!!!!!!!!!

jamiesel
12-31-2003, 12:37 AM
I have a new yfz and I expect to break before the frame does. It should be stronger if the rider isn't hurt. That dude rips!

QuadJunkies
12-31-2003, 12:38 AM
bull****, you guys would be making excuses on why it broke. but im done on arguing on this stupid thread bc one YFZ frame cracked. :p ;) :rolleyes: actually, I HAVe made a thread about cracked frames:huh .... Our Predator had one and I give some info about it.... So. Dont label ALL of us and no. I didnt make any excuses other than it was a POS frame that was being warentied..........I think all the info is good info on all the quads and this went WAY too far...........:eek2:

Pappy
12-31-2003, 12:41 AM
lol harlen knew of the pictures and we also knew it would spark much negativity from certain crowds. better to get it over with and weed them out as they pop up....cuz when the honda hits the dirt its gonna be much worse:(

i just wish all the teeny bobbers would realize that we are all in this sport together.....not one quad is the best for everyone.

jamiesel
12-31-2003, 12:44 AM
pappy, how do the dale frames hold up to this level of jumping with stock set ups?

Pappy
12-31-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by jamiesel
pappy, how do the dale frames hold up to this level of jumping with stock set ups?

i have heard horror stories regarding dale frames...yet ive never seen a picture of one tore up. that dont mean they dont exsist but i havent seen one.

i dont know many riders that run a cdale in mx ...mainly XC. i was always scared my dale frame would crack....and im still afraid that my LRD R frame will have problems. ya never know i geuss.

QuadJunkies
12-31-2003, 12:49 AM
.....not one quad is the best for everyone.

100% agreed ;)

Moto440
12-31-2003, 12:50 AM
maybe he just got a bad one, im sure he doesnt ride like kory ellis and his was fine after a season There is a flaw in that reasoning. Most pros are not as hard on thier bikes as amateurs are. They do not case jumps as often, and they land with more finesse than most amateurs. Also I heard Tom Carlson talking about how easy Gust is on a tranny and Motor, and how light he lands a quad. The only reason they would go through them faster is the hours they put on them.

12-31-2003, 12:52 AM
i dont know many riders that run a cdale in mx .... didnt dana creech last year?

Pappy
12-31-2003, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Moto440
There is a flaw in that reasoning. Most pros are not as hard on thier bikes as amateurs are. They do not case jumps as often, and they land with more finesse than most amateurs. Also I heard Tom Carlson talking about how easy Gust is on a tranny and Motor, and how light he lands a quad. The only reason they would go through them faster is the hours they put on them.

and i agree 100% with that. if i hadnt seen him ride id say he was beating the thing by not hiting the jumps correctly. well he does. but i have seen him ride till it runs outta gas. i mean lap after lap for an hour. im sure the constant beating is too much for almost anything...infact i know it is.

Moto440
12-31-2003, 12:56 AM
and i agree 100% with that. if i hadnt seen him ride id say he was beating the thing by not hiting the jumps correctly. well he does. but i have seen him ride till it runs outta gas. i mean lap after lap for an hour. im sure the constant beating is too much for almost anything...infact i know it is. Preach on brotha!!!!!!:cool:

CEET400ex
12-31-2003, 01:08 AM
Someone please post some pics of a cracked EX frame so it will even things out among the crowds ...lmfao :devil: :blah: :huh

H0nDo
12-31-2003, 01:39 AM
wow......i dont understand the confusion......pappy explained that the kid rides his quads to death......i just read every post and it seems that some people just didnt take the time to read previous posts and made dumb remarks which resulted in everyone going off on each other......i cant believe people just automaticly think pappy is talking trash about the yfz......im a honda guy and ive seen many broken honda frames...so what...captin stabbin summed it up in the beginning......$hit happens

and by the way......the yfz is a great quad......and i love how yamaha stepped up and came out with something new for us......i hope the new R will be able to raise the stacks as high as the yfz did and give them good compition on the track

batgeek
12-31-2003, 01:48 AM
pretty easy to understand....

an honest post goes up, Yami owners get overly sensitive(as they always do), flames start...

pretty damn easy for me to figure out.

popo
12-31-2003, 05:19 AM
All I can say is wow, such domestic violence.

Well hopefully Yamaha can learn from Suzuki's frame mistakes and resolve the issue, if it continues to happen.

12-31-2003, 06:28 AM
We've all seen frames tweaked, slightly bent, cracked and some broke in spots but none have been broke in half, that is BS and definitly a flaw in the metal or the design.. I dont' care how big he's going frames dont' brake in half. Doug Gust and Tim Farr rode stock frames all year and probably had them gussetted and probably replaced 1 or 2 but they DID NOT brake in half like this one. Doug Gust rides harder than probably anyone and will beat a quad to death literally. Either his shocks are poop or the YFZ frame has some issues...:eek2:
If I was told that quad rolled down Mt. everest I would say wow, but if it happened from riding, that frame is junk...

Fire away.....:devil: My Ban button was removed so I can't use it...:eek2: So flame away. I speak the truth so make sure you do when you reply..

400exmom
12-31-2003, 06:30 AM
shocks are poop??~ he he:D

Jeffksf
12-31-2003, 06:31 AM
Only on EXriders.com :rolleyes: (speaking about this entire thread)

Gotta love this site :D

12-31-2003, 07:09 AM
I forgot to mention before that if it was a suzuki, kawasaki, or even a new honda trx450R frame I would have said the same thing. It has nothing to do with the name on it there's an issue there,,,, period.. Those frames should have went thru some type of stress test to see how much square inch or pounds of force it would take to make it snap, which I'm sure they did. A 120lb kid snappin it in half is unexceptable. Hell Travis spader tried the uphill 130 foot triple or whatever it is at redbud and cased it. His frame should have disintigrated but it didnt:confused:

gncc571
12-31-2003, 07:43 AM
Well just read all 14 pages and all I can say is WOW!!!!!!
Some peoples KIDS.

The one thing I can't figure out is, if these guys are true Yamaha fans/riders why are they always on a Honda site tring to start a bunch of crap?Go to Bluetraxx where you belong!

I think Pappy summed it up we he said teeny bobbers thats all it is, kids that don't have a clue of whats going on in the world.

batgeek
12-31-2003, 07:47 AM
if AlaskaSpeed started The Church of Teen Bashing, i would be the first one knocking on his door to join.

and i don't believe in organized religion!

Pappy
12-31-2003, 07:52 AM
well when a brand new member starts off posting nothing but smack i will have no sympathy on them. and then when another member supports that action it makes me wonder if it isnt a regular memember on a different name. i guess that kinda stuff will stop when we just ban the ip addy and wipe the entire account out.

i have always supported the young'ns here on the site....and to watch them turn mean spirited angers me.

12-31-2003, 07:53 AM
im sure they can just weld that up in a jiffy:D

seatec
12-31-2003, 07:55 AM
I agree with Rico's assessment. There either is a flaw in the design or there was a manufacturing mess-up. (Friday afternoon?)
It did however break on the pipe and not the weld.

As for some of my "brethren" Yammi owners". Yeah, they are kids so grant them leniency please!
Think about it though guys; it’s a shock to some when they see a frame broken like that. They might be scared that they have bought a lemon for around 7k. I must admit that i want all that happy either with the title pappy decided to use for this thread and thought, well if he posted it to inform Yammi riders then why wasn’t it posted in the non Honda thread or on a yammi site. That is just sensitivity though because i won one and don’t want any flaws in my 7k machine. As for the comment that ALL Yammi riders are whiners. That is truly the biggest cock i ever heard (batgeek).
Anyways. THanx for making us aware that there might be a potential problem with the frame and that we should gusset if we are going to beat it up.
PS. i read of another person on a yammi board that cracked his frame and had to weld new pipes in and gusset so it’s not the only time there was a problem with the yammi frame.

12-31-2003, 07:58 AM
Kinda makes me want to gusset my frame! But I am sure i won't.

I have now seen a YFZ,an EX and a LTZ frame BROKE in Half. It happens Just hope it dosn't happen to me

popo
12-31-2003, 07:59 AM

and i don't believe in organized religion!

What a minute, I tat u where a hairy crisna. :D

Definitely youre not a nun ya hooker looker

Pappy
12-31-2003, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by GNCCer

I have now seen a YFZ,an EX and a LTZ frame BROKE in Half. It happens Just hope it dosn't happen to me

i bet you will "split" one in half before you break one in half:p

seatec
12-31-2003, 08:00 AM
PS, does anybody know of a gusset kit comming out?
When i bought one of the first CRF450's in 02 they had a gusset kit out for the subframe in no time, so i am hoping somebody will make one for the YFZ450 ASAP.

PPS. Pappy, was it a particularly cold day when this happened. i just cant imagin the frame breaking right on the pipe instead of a corner with a weld. strange!

biohazard1.2
12-31-2003, 08:19 AM

yeah...right. Show us the plastics and the rest of the quad...looks like this quad was rolled, wrecked, fawked over and pissed on.

yeah...oh no...my frame is made of metal and may break if I bash it at 80mph!

well... AT LEAST IT WILL GO 80MPH.

I call BS on "the frame just bent and broke"

Pappy
12-31-2003, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by seatec

PPS. Pappy, was it a particularly cold day when this happened. i just cant imagin the frame breaking right on the pipe instead of a corner with a weld. strange!

exactly my point.

and biodumbass...grow up

Originally posted by GNCCer

How were these other frames broke?? What caused them to brake??

dirtmomma
Holy Cow 14 pages, when I closed this last night it was 5:eek: Did everyone get any sleep or were they all tossing & turning over this thread LMAO :D
As for the people saying Pappy was dissing the Yami I NEVER got that idea from the start you all need to read better!! JMO:p

YOU GO PAPPY HEHEHE

Dave400ex
12-31-2003, 08:35 AM
Walsh does have a gusset kit for the YFZ. $200 for the gussets, and $400 welded in.

Maxx_Action
12-31-2003, 08:47 AM
Man....

some of you guys oughta lay off the caffeine. I have seen busted frames on every quad ever built. Iti s just the nature of it. if you are gonna pound something repeatedly, it is gonna break. For the average rider like me who does a few laps at the track, maybe a harescramble, and some trial riding it's a great quad. If I were gonna MX it all the time I would have it gussetted, and not have to worry about it, but please people, relax. Take a deep breath innnnnn......oouuuuuuttt....now don't you feel better?

Maxx

redroost85
12-31-2003, 09:04 AM
Ahh, the Yamaha returns to Pappy for magic to be applied to it, lol! That guy was going pretty huge too, that sucks for him, busted frame is fun for no one.

Well, Pappy, continue to layeth the smackadown on all their roody poo candyazzes, lol!:D

12-31-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Maxx_Action
I have seen busted frames on every quad ever built.

Busted and broke in half are two different things... LOL

gibson400ex
12-31-2003, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
Walsh does have a gusset kit for the YFZ. $200 for the gussets, and $400 welded in.

ya thats the right price and he has aftermarket frames.....which if i were him wouldnt of made........cuz not alot of people are going to be buyign them for the yfz......maybe soem will but not alot becasue of the stock frames in the pro class and pro production(which is already stocks frames)

seatec
12-31-2003, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Busted and broke in half are two different things... LOL

I'm with stupid^ :D

gibson400ex
12-31-2003, 09:09 AM
I'm with stupid^ :D

your stupid^ j/k:p(meaning Seatec)

seatec
12-31-2003, 09:11 AM
your stupid^ j/k:p

You are the stupidest (sp?) :D

(lets see how far we can take this one?)

PS. no fair. you edited the (menaing seatec) in later. chicken**** :D

12-31-2003, 09:12 AM
How were these other frames broke?? What caused them to brake??

the EX frame I saw was xc quad that I THINK! was new at the begining of last season and the frame broke in 4 different spots during the Wisp race last year. Basicly the fron end broke off of it!

the LTZ was basicly new when it went to the 12 hours of america race last year. at the end of the race it was still holding together enough for them to make it back to the truck but that was about it. I was broke completely through in several places. ( I must confess I did not physicly see that one with my own eyes)

gibson400ex
12-31-2003, 09:15 AM
You are the stupidest (sp?) :D

(lets see how far we can take this one?)

PS. no fair. you edited the (menaing seatec) in later. chicken**** :D

off track but what mods do you have on your yfz seatec?

seatec
12-31-2003, 09:26 AM
off track but what mods do you have on your yfz seatec?

Hmm lemme think.
I got GYT-R Belly and A-arm skidplates plus a Carbon FIber exhaust. /Pep-chain re-locator/ WOrks frame guards/Trailtech X-Bar and clamp/AC Front grab bar and Propeg nerfs./PRM Baja grab bar and Swing arms skid/CF cooling rezzie cover/Hipers front and back/RazrII front and back/twin air filter/alba pro flow KN setup but havent had the guts to put it on yet/ re-jetted/
THats it i think. cant think of anything else just yet.
GOt the KandK Grpahics kit on order to dress it all up a bit.

OOPS forgot. Denton Reb. Stabilizer.

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-31-2003, 09:31 AM
this thread is hilarious :eek2:

Shawn H
12-31-2003, 09:34 AM
Holy chit what a thread!!!

PAPPY: I hope this does not make you think twice about posting a similair (HEADS UP) in the future.I dont come to ex riders often (I RIDE A Z) but when I do its good to see all the little problems with different machines. none of my friends have the same quads.
I ride with a 440ex,1yfz450 and my own z450 stroker.:devil

Pappy
12-31-2003, 10:10 AM
it wont...i call them as i see them. i reckon a few ignorant people dont have the foresight to see past petty issues.

EX 80
12-31-2003, 10:32 AM
I didn't read the whole thread yet, just saw it and have to go back to work. Just wondering was he running a stock rear shock? I have seen a similiar break on a 400ex, but not both sides at once. Kind of hard to gusset a break like that :eek:

monkeyboy
12-31-2003, 10:44 AM
my framm iz brokk likk dat 2:mad: :grr:

seatec
12-31-2003, 10:44 AM
it almsot looks like somebody sprayed some luiquid Nitrogen on the pipes and hit it with a hammer.

Z400central
12-31-2003, 10:47 AM
*sigh* so what are you guys doing for new years?

A4StrokeGuy
12-31-2003, 10:53 AM
This is what troubles me about his site, Pappy posts a informative information and everyone jumps him calling him a Yamaha hater! If you have an opinion keep it to yourself( maybe i should do that instead of posting this:p ) I'll admit i've cracked my EX frame a few times, i cracked my old yamaha frame too, are they junk NO, its a machine made to be beat on, things break, get over it!! If you own a yamaha and are offended by this i guess you should leave or look the otherway.
my 2 sense

jordan

ledofthezep
12-31-2003, 11:06 AM
"Like the sands of Glamis,....these are the days of the EXRiders forums."
:p

PHAT400
12-31-2003, 11:12 AM

Ahhhhhh the American way, if you can't earn it.... "SUE FOR IT"

SO, HOW ABOUT THEM CUB'S?

trx450r
12-31-2003, 11:20 AM
Wow! Not only are the blue ones slower....they are WEAKER too! LOLOLOLOL

:p

86atc250r
12-31-2003, 11:23 AM
It's all a conspiracy!

Honda hired the same folks that faked the moon landing to fake this frame breakage by dipping this frame in liquid Nitrogen and hammering it......

Wow.. I've not seen such a group of homo's fill up a thread this fast in a long time (not directed at you Seatec) :) - mention a Yamaha & a problem together and the freak show starts. You really know how to bring em out Pappy!

Personally, theres a lot of little things about the YFZ frame I don't like the looks of, although it's a better effort than I've seen from Yamaha previously. However, the LTZ has it beat by far as far as poor engineering & materials goes.

Hopefully the YFZ doesn't start suffering from a lot of trouble like this.

You guys that say "Kory Ellis" or "Doug Gust don't have problems so there must not be a problem" need to remember a few things....

1st, as mentioned before, Expert riders don't punish a bike as much as the wannabe's do. I've seen this a million times locally. Guy's that I don't consider to ride hard at all have all kinds of problems with broken swingarms, frames, etc. Watch around your local tracks a little and you'll see....

2nd, you won't hear about a lot of the problems pro's have with equipment - why? Looks bad for sponsors & nobody wants that. For instance, Kory wants to be a Yamaha Factory rider, do you think as long as that possibility looms, he'll say anything negative or harp about any parts failure regarding the YFZ? Do you think Tim Farr will say anything negative about the TRX? Ballance about the LRD frame? Think about it.

3rd, typically expert level machines are "went over" much more meticulously than "Joe Average's" machine. Small cracks, worn out parts, etc that could lead to catastrophic failure are corrected before they become a major problem.

4th, Pro level riders typically don't keep a particular chassis for an extended period of time and/or their practice bike is not their race bike.

For most of us that keep our quads for a few years, things like this will be important and will affect us more.

As I'm sure a lot of you have noticed over the years, I like my Hondas. This is not a blind brand loyalty thing (I've currently got at least one product of each of the big four in my garage right now). This is because time and time again, Honda typically has better engineering than the rest- sometimes by a very large margin. My Hondas have also given me fewer problems over the years than any of the other brands I've owned.

If the time comes that Honda falls behind in producing a product that is competitive, designed and constructed better, etc, I will buy something else without hesitation.

From what I can see of the YFZ and TRX450 chassis's, I personally think the TRX will be far less problem prone over the long run. This combined with the fact that Yamaha made the mistake of not makeing common racer parts interchangeable between quads (like wheels) & are significantly overcharging for replacment parts, are the only reasons I'm still waiting on a TRX450R at this point.

Got Huevos?
12-31-2003, 11:24 AM
maybe he just got a bad one

stop making excuses, plain and simple fact its a Yamaha what do you expect.

seatec
12-31-2003, 11:59 AM
stop thinking with your "Huevos" dumbass!

86atc. I also like Honda a lot and thats why i have already started negotiations with my wife to see if i cant have both in my stable. Hey, i need one Xc and one MX bike right?:D

trailboss250
12-31-2003, 12:11 PM
I know the kid that pilots that YFZ. Randy Lehr. Trust me he does go big. He rides that thing like a raped ape everytime he rides it. He does 80ft plus jumps and is on it constantly. Even his old Leagers frame had cracks all over it. Also it has been wrecked a few times, nothing major really, just the ocational flip around a turn and run in with other racers.

Hey - it aint ganna stop me from getting a YFZ!
I believe that it's a yfz and that the frame broke. Whats so hard to believe about that. All frames need to be gusseted for mx use.

Exriders is alot of kids and flamers.

RiPPiNiTuP7
12-31-2003, 12:14 PM
like i said on bt:

its a stock frame that was used for some serious mx...what do you expect? every single quad owner that does serious racing reinforces their frame to prevent it from breaking, so i don't know what pappy trying to prove. i wasn't shocked at all to see it break, when i found out what cause it to break i was like "well duh....".

cjpoole1
12-31-2003, 12:16 PM
got anymore pics of the after market sub-frame?:D

Admin
12-31-2003, 12:21 PM
I have cracked my Z400 in half in on both side at very similar spot, and I will see If I have a picture of it tonight.

I think it is important that the pictures are posted, so members can be informed about possible weak spots. These types of breakages may not be common, but obvoiusly it is possible, and I think it is important that everyone knows about them.

I recently had Burgard Cycle & Pappy's Performance Coatings gussetted and powdercoated my one Z frame and it turned out great. Then, one week later my other frame split in half at the same spot the Yamaha did, and so I had Burgard Cycle weld it back together for me and gusset it at that spot. I wish I knew this was a weak spot before I finished the other frame. Now, I can't decide If I should add the gussets and have it re-powdercoated.

A week later, I showed POPO wear my frame cracked and we checked his and it was cracked also in the same spot on his Z. It wasn't completely through like mine, but wasn't far from it.

I just wish I would have known that this was a weak spot, so I think it is important that Pictures like the one Pappy posted are important in the educating the general ATV public about potential problems.

All the negative comments that Pappy received from his post were totally wrong, and it is a shame that everyone is so brand specific. They all break and they all have problems, so stop the arguing and start working together to find solutions.

Taco
12-31-2003, 12:29 PM
Looks like a big POS to me:D

seatec
12-31-2003, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Taco
Looks like a big POS to me:D

quit looking in the mirror when you post!:D

trx450r
12-31-2003, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by cjpoole1
got anymore pics of the after market sub-frame?:D

That is probably what caused the frame to break.

The stock subframe would have tacoed long ago, so he reinforced it and it put big stress on the pipes right above it.

If you are going to reinforce something, you should look at the next thing it will transfer wieght to and reinforce that too.

nacs400ex
12-31-2003, 12:38 PM
Some of these Yamaha riders are unreal. I can deal with the fact that all frames break. But oh no they go all crazy and say he must have beat the crap out of it. ALL Sure the YFZ is a great machine... but they thinks its the best. Coming to a Honda site you have to realize who the majority of the riders are. If you dont like it here go back to Bluetraxx.

Pappy isnt one to hate other quads, each quad has its purpose, strengths and weaknesses. Honda will have its weakness too.

As for mr.captain stabbin, I never made fun of you for your wife passing away, I made fun of you cause you got your head up your ***. Take a look around buddy, nobody singled you out because you believe in god, but dont come to Quad site preaching about your beliefs.

Sorry to hear that your wife passed away, but it is a qaud site. You still havent answered why Ballance had a bit of a problem on his YFZ compared to his R :grr:

ONE LONG THREAD, really about nothing lol.

Martin Blair
12-31-2003, 01:07 PM
I got a firend that just bought one have to tell him aobut that :devil:, this isnt aobut brands its just that the yamaha frame broke, big deal lots of frames break, you would think thoguht for a bike tht is marketed as a full on race bike i could stand up to racing.

CHAR250R
12-31-2003, 01:34 PM
Pappy, put up some pics of the repaired frame when you're finnished with it.
:)

Dill
12-31-2003, 02:43 PM
wow really, a stock frame broke when jumping it over 80 foot doubles for a whole race season? lmfao

popo
12-31-2003, 02:51 PM
You still havent answered why Ballance had a bit of a problem on his YFZ compared to his R :grr:

I think it's best for Mr.Ballance to weed those issues out rather than everybody stating Bill lost cause he's on a Yam,Suz etc.

Wake up in the morning and put your underwear on backwards, after awhile you will get use to it.

Also it’s called racing and with the little amount of time to complete testing, things just don't go as smooth sometimes.

He still won the championship.

Guy400
12-31-2003, 03:16 PM
Gabe, remember one of the areas we questioned about a month ago? <not adding any fuel to the fire but Gabe knows what I'm talking about>

I just don't see where Kenny was bashing the Yammy. He posted a pic of a broken frame and said the rider goes big but it has turned into this. Merriam-Webster should link this thread in its definition of "hypersensitive":huh

mrusk
12-31-2003, 03:19 PM
Heck Randy had this quad since it came out at the end of June. I am shocked the frame lasted as long as it did. I am sure that kids rides more than anyone one this site. So basically he rides 2x as much as all of us and 2x as hard as any of us.

matt

AlaskaSpeed
12-31-2003, 03:23 PM
Sheesh......what a bunch of BS....lol. Bottom line is that we all own what we own and if others' opinions about that bother you, get over it. We all have had our share of problems, big and small with every brand of anything we have owned, so time to move on. I guarantee you that if/when I break something, I'll just repair or replace and get back on. .......JIM

chucked
12-31-2003, 03:27 PM
hey remember when someone posted a picture of the trx450r and everyone was saying "PHOTOSHOPPED!!" just give it some time and we'll see what the real deal is.

AtvMxRider
12-31-2003, 03:28 PM

Pro-*** maybe........................:blah:

AlaskaSpeed
12-31-2003, 03:43 PM
Posting this thread was like telling your friend that you saw his wife ****ing around. He might listen to ya, but you are going to have to expect some fireworks.........JIM

Guy400
12-31-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
Posting this thread was like telling your friend that you saw his wife ****ing around. He might listen to ya, but you are going to have to expect some fireworks.........JIM LMFAO:D