PDA

View Full Version : how to tell

sparks400
12-30-2003, 08:30 PM
alight my dd got me a hotcam and he forgot what stage he got me, it says on the red piece of paper Trx400s1-a is that stage 1

xc400ex
12-30-2003, 08:33 PM
Yep

sparks400
12-30-2003, 10:32 PM
thanks so i got a wiseco 11:1 and a stage 1 hotcam, is that good for fast trail riding, and how much hp u think i got with a fmf megamaxx 2 a hi-flo header, k&n, open airbox, piston, cam??

exrider123
12-30-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by sparks400
thanks so i got a wiseco 11:1 and a stage 1 hotcam, is that good for fast trail riding, and how much hp u think i got with a fmf megamaxx 2 a hi-flo header, k&n, open airbox, piston, cam??

A stage 1 cam increases your low to mid powerband and stage 2 increases you’re mid to top end powerband. I also know a stage 2 cam is for engines that are built and stage 1 is for stock engines. So I would suggest exchanging it for a stage 2 cam.

Sounds like you got a nice setup there you should expect some nice increases in hp's, but I don't now the exact numbers.

sparks400
12-30-2003, 11:07 PM
naaa i dont wan to just go and say to my dad u got the wrong cam bla bla bla u kno, i mostly do alot of hill climbs, tight trail riding and fast trail riding so the stage 1 should be good u think

sparks400
12-30-2003, 11:08 PM
oya one more question how do u like ur wb slip on

exrider123
12-31-2003, 11:08 AM
oya one more question how do u like ur wb slip on

The WB slip on is great I've ridden quads with many different exhausts and by far I choose my WB, I love how you can change the sound and performance by taking off or adding on more discs, If you go riding where there are alout of people an houses you just take discs away and loose minimal performance and if you go riding where there are'nt alout of people you add discs giving you more performance.

Thr WB increses you HP's to 27.91 HP's.

4wheelboy
12-31-2003, 12:01 PM
naaa i dont wan to just go and say to my dad u got the wrong cam bla bla bla u kno, i mostly do alot of hill climbs, tight trail riding and fast trail riding so the stage 1 should be good u think

yea u got the rite camm

adrenaline
12-31-2003, 12:36 PM
hot cam stage 1 is for built engines the stage 2 is for stock. with the stage 1 it says to replace valves spring n such its not just a drop in so with what your saying the stage one is better for your quad

xc400ex
12-31-2003, 12:40 PM
hot cam stage 1 is for built engines the stage 2 is for stock. with the stage 1 it says to replace valves spring n such its not just a drop in so with what your saying the stage one is better for your quad

You have no clue what you are talking about. AND YES the cams for a 400ex are drop ins....stage 2 is for built motors stage 1 is for the relatively stock motors.

cals400ex
12-31-2003, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by adrenaline

yeah, your mixed up. a stage 1 will perform better in a stock bike. a stage 2 is fine on a built bike. however, if want good low end power i would still stick with the stage 1 even with an 11:1 compression piston. stage 2 will open up better up at high rpm's, but for tight trails i wouldn't recommend it. you can replace the valve springs when you get a hotcam, but it isn't required. you do NOT want hardened rockers with a hotcam since these cams are regrinds.

hotex
01-06-2004, 07:57 AM
you do NOT want hardened rockers with a hotcam since these cams are regrinds.

Hot Cams are NEW cams. "Billet" is the word used to describe them. When they are purchased and you put them in your engine, it's the first time they have ever been inside an engine. Unlike every other manufacture, less Honda or HRC. But, you are correct in stating that you don't need hardened rockers, in fact that would be a potential disaster by installing hardened rockers. The Hot Cam is the same surface hardness as the stock cam, so no other mods are needed to install them.

Tony