PDA

View Full Version : Chad Duvall's 2004 Am Pro Yamaha pics

cdalejef
12-30-2003, 06:11 PM
Here you go guys, the first pics of Chads new Am Pro, Elka, Roll Design, ITP, IMS Yamaha YFZ450

cdalejef
12-30-2003, 06:12 PM
Congrats Chad......the sport has come a long way since the dark ages of the 90's!

Berry
12-30-2003, 06:13 PM
me like:eek2:

12-30-2003, 06:26 PM
Dayyyyyyyyum that thing looks wide..:eek2:

I see a Duncan Racin exhaust, and pretty much an all west coast sponsorship??? I don't know if i missed something but who is Chad's main sponsor this year??

PS...sweet quad http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/coolgleam.gif

AtvMxRider
12-30-2003, 06:27 PM
Congrats Chad on the new ride you deserve it:)

cdalejef
12-30-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Rico

I see a Duncan Racin exhaust, and pretty much an all west coast sponsorship??? I don't know if i missed something but who is Chad's main sponsor this year??

PS...sweet quad http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/coolgleam.gif Am Pro Yamaha

spincr4hire
12-30-2003, 07:12 PM
nice:cool:

gncc400exxx
12-30-2003, 07:27 PM
sweeeeeeta:cool:

cjpoole1
12-30-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Rico

I was thinking the same thing

Dave400ex
12-30-2003, 08:19 PM
I like that. Very nice. Just looks like a normal Duncan quad. I'm a bit surprised on the Roll Design stuff. Thought he wouldn't leave Houser.

Smokey
12-30-2003, 09:07 PM
Thanks for posting the pics Jeff.
That bike is wide , it is setup for more MX and desert . They used it for a photo shoot ,but his race bike will have all about all you can see and more on it . As for leaving Houser I know it was a very very hard decision for CHad and I am sure he has his reasons . No matter what we will all still be his fans .

lol
12-30-2003, 09:26 PM
niiiiice

holeshot19
12-31-2003, 04:08 AM
can u say WEST COAST MOFFA:blah:

big bad beny
12-31-2003, 09:24 AM
CAN YOU SAY JUNK

P.S. RIDE RED AND RIDE HARD

cdalejef
12-31-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by big bad beny
CAN YOU SAY JUNK

P.S. RIDE RED AND RIDE HARD Can you say grow up!

big bad beny
12-31-2003, 09:42 AM
I was just messin with you all it dose look nice.

P.S. Ride Red and Ride Hard

monkeyboy
12-31-2003, 10:45 AM
CAN YOU SAY JUNK

stfu :grr:

cjpoole1
12-31-2003, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@QuadShop
Can you say grow up!
Exactly

chad duvall
12-31-2003, 11:50 AM
Hey jeff thanks for posting the pictures. As for the West Coast moffa, maybe? LOL
As for leaving any of my past sponsors I have found in my past racing career that it is difficult not to leave and move on to benifit where they might offer more, I have others in my career to think of, my family and pit crew. It has always been for the love of the sport but it dosent pay bill or get me to the races. My son is an up and coming Racer and I need to think of that too. As for the West coast sponsorship, these companies went together and offered me a package that was awesome, not only for me but the up and soming ATV racers will benifit from it in years to come. There will be alot of advertisement(alot more)by these companies going together on there package deals. More advertisement, more for the sport of GNCC ATV's. I feel very lucky to have had great sponsors in past ans future, and look forward to a GREAT racing year! This maybe the first time I realy feel I am in the hunt for that #1 plate. If you all have any questions about the set up let me know and I will try and respond.
Thanks chad

Pappy
12-31-2003, 11:53 AM
ahhh a west viginia boy huntin for the plate:D

do ya got yer spotlight chad:devil:

good luck this year....and dont roost my new camera:grr:

MEL
12-31-2003, 02:59 PM
judging from all the new race quads posted on here its going to be a great year of racing.

BUCK442
12-31-2003, 06:33 PM
You can do it Chad! You are one of the Best I have ever seen!

Anybody know of the solution to the battery overcharging on the YFZ and causing trouble. I have herd that you can run with the lights on to help, but I took mine off. Any Ideas? I see Chad still had his on?

bw200
12-31-2003, 06:51 PM
CAN YOU SAY JUNK

hey little gay beny your a homo

Pappy
01-01-2004, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by BUCK442
You can do it Chad! You are one of the Best I have ever seen!

Anybody know of the solution to the battery overcharging on the YFZ and causing trouble. I have herd that you can run with the lights on to help, but I took mine off. Any Ideas? I see Chad still had his on?

from what ive been able to gatherthe stock battery is not able to handle the amperage produced by the yfz and is getting burned up. we have installed a higher amp battery and no problems. 17 straight batteries came in and all were toast from over charging.

Smokey
01-01-2004, 08:58 AM
If I remember right a CBR600 battery is the one to use , it is the same size as the YFZ, so you dont have to cut anything for it to fit but it is like 10amps instead of 4amps like the YFZ

chad duvall
01-01-2004, 03:41 PM
Buck442, That was a demo bike and I would be running without the headlights on my race quad. I used the stock battery the last two races and found no problems but will let you know if I have any problems with testing when race bike is completed.
Chad

holeshot19
01-01-2004, 06:55 PM
what part if any does duncan racing play in your sponsorship?

coryatver
01-01-2004, 07:02 PM
Looks like he is running there exhuast

chad duvall
01-01-2004, 07:25 PM
Yes,exhausts and misc. parts, jetting tips from Loren but no motor work for now. These guys (DR, Roll, IMS)have a great team plan worked out for me and I am very excited about it.

holeshot19
01-01-2004, 07:27 PM
WEST COAST MOFFA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BUCK442
01-02-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by chad duvall
Buck442, That was a demo bike and I would be running without the headlights on my race quad. I used the stock battery the last two races and found no problems but will let you know if I have any problems with testing when race bike is completed.
Chad

Thanks Chad. If it helps I will let you know If hear any solutions also. Looks Like Pappy has a solution. Thanks Pap!:cool:

red
01-04-2004, 09:14 PM
that is a sweet lookin quad.

Pappy
01-04-2004, 09:17 PM
just an update,

tested the battery mod and all is fine...no problems at all.

im not sure why some are having problems and some arent....but atleast there is a fairly easy solution.

BUCK442
01-05-2004, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
just an update,

tested the battery mod and all is fine...no problems at all.

im not sure why some are having problems and some arent....but atleast there is a fairly easy solution.

Was the mod the 10amp batt from the CBR600?

Thanks Pappy!!!;)

rookiex
01-05-2004, 09:29 PM
CAN YOU SAY JUNK

You could put your self on tim farrs CRF an put chad on a stock YFZ an he would still lap you 3 times....I agree with ride red cuz honda is my fav. but you cant tell me you dont love that quad....

jlhughes750
01-06-2004, 11:10 AM
i have not had this problem with mine....

Pappy are there any disadvantages to this 10amp battery...

someone told me leave the light on all the time and u wont have any problems???? doesn't sound like a solution to me!!!

later, J

Nice ride Chad good luck!!!!!!!

deerman
01-06-2004, 12:58 PM
CAN YOU SAY JUNK

ACCORDING TO Bill and Stephanie the RED won't hardly start it needs more work

Pappy
01-06-2004, 01:33 PM
the part# for the higher amp battery is YT12A-BS. it does require slight modifaction to the battery tray and the use of 2 longer bolts for the holddown bracket.

i cant find anyone who will stop riding long enough for me to actually test the quad. all i get to see is the batteries brought to me. after evaluating the batteries i determined them to be shot due to overcharging. the small battery supplied with the quad just isnt holding up to the systems output. by using a higher amp battery it allows the system to function properly without wasting the battery. i can only geuss that those who are not having issues could be the cause of 2 things:

1) the proper battery filling and charging procedures arent being followed at the dealer. when an AGM battery is activated it MUST sit for atleast 8 hours prior to charging. if this isnt followed...geuss what? it dies and it will show all signs of overcharging.

2) some riders arent riding long enough to harm the battery , or if #1 is correct thier batteries were properly filled and charged.

660bigdaddy
01-06-2004, 06:36 PM
read on b-traxx that this was a early model problem. if you didn't have the problem soon after purchase, you won't have a problem.
had mine for 3 months. no problem.

BUCK442
01-06-2004, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the INFO Cappy Pappy, much appreciated. My yamaha would not start today only about 4 cranks and she was dead, but it is only about 18 degrees here today. I took it to heated shop to put on new tires and she started o.k.

My Honda never did this, I guess due to the size of the battery it could crank a few more times.

I think I will put in bigger batt just to be safe.

DEERMAN: I was told the same thing about Big Red.