PDA

View Full Version : 250r vs raptor

wwclea01
12-30-2003, 05:29 PM
I traded a 300 ex that was a 2002 for an 88 250r. It was in decent shape but the top end needed a rebuild and I went through and painted the frame and polished everything. Finally got to ride it today and man did it suprise me It is fast as he**. It has a paul turner type six pipe boyseen reeds, fat boy silencer and is bored 1 mm over with stock carb. My buddy has a raptor that has a alba pipe and is jetted. I was wondering how I would do in a drag against him and on the track. I have stock suspension a arms and axle. He is all stock except elka front shocks.

Got nads?
12-30-2003, 06:29 PM
Maybe be a dead even race, or else you'll loose. I would say the raptor will have more topend then your R, but other then that it would be a close race.

AtvMxRider
12-30-2003, 06:31 PM
In a drag race he will prolly beat you on top but in the woods or on a mx track he doesn't stand a chance:) .

Got nads?
12-30-2003, 06:31 PM
I take that back, I thought I read that your friends raptor had a pipe, your R might be faster. Has your R been ported and polished?

LTandRaptorider
12-30-2003, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by AtvMxRider
In a drag race he will prolly beat you on top but in the woods or on a mx track he doesn't stand a chance:) .

Yep! I have a Raptor and LT250R... which is suposed to be a little faster than the 250R. When my LT was just piped, I beat a Raptor... on asphalt! That's where you want to race him, he'll have trouble with it wanting to wheelie. Now my LT will take my Alba piped Raptor... ;)

montyjcm
12-30-2003, 07:06 PM
Was the raptor that you dragged stock? I am curious because my brother has a lt250r and I am thinking about a raptor, 400ex, z400, cannondale . . .:D and want to beat my bro.

kwatts400
12-30-2003, 08:19 PM
I beat a few raptors w/ my r out in Michigan over the summer. All I have is pipe, filter, & jets. Some of the more heavily modded raptors beat me though.

LTandRaptorider
12-30-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by montyjcm
Was the raptor that you dragged stock? I am curious because my brother has a lt250r and I am thinking about a raptor, 400ex, z400, cannondale . . .:D and want to beat my bro.

Yes, it was stock. My LT will now beat my Alba piped Raptor.

12-30-2003, 10:06 PM
raptor & banshees=good for drag racing & roads

cannondales..suzukis...400ex...=good for everything

raptorrider
01-05-2004, 01:55 PM
Hum,,, Dont think the R stands much chance!! Kinda slow really. Actually, my Rap has Alba Pipe, jetted to match, white bros filter, bored .50mm over. I have no problem drag racing on the pavement. I have no problem going very fast in the woods!! WWClea cant ride!!! Ok he can, but not good enough to beat the Rap! Those stock front shocks are stiff!!!

01-05-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by raptorrider
Hum,,, Dont think the R stands much chance!! Kinda slow really. Actually, my Rap has Alba Pipe, jetted to match, white bros filter, bored .50mm over. I have no problem drag racing on the pavement. I have no problem going very fast in the woods!! WWClea cant ride!!! Ok he can, but not good enough to beat the Rap! Those stock front shocks are stiff!!!

Do you have anything extended? if not, i see it quite hard to go "very" fast in the woods, or even "fast" in the woods. And if you took an R to the woods or track with your raptor, you would get lit up like a cuban cigar!

AirManCam
01-05-2004, 03:51 PM
Haha you guys thinking a raptor will take an R BAHAHAHAHA LMFAO!!! My buddy has a 02 raptor with a yoshimura pipe. And I had my 350x And I toasted him on the road! So pretty much the R will win no if and or buts about it the CRAPTOR'S hopeless!

01-05-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by AirManCam
Haha you guys thinking a raptor will take an R BAHAHAHAHA LMFAO!!! My buddy has a 02 raptor with a yoshimura pipe. And I had my 350x And I toasted him on the road! So pretty much the R will win no if and or buts about it the CRAPTOR'S hopeless!

what did you have done to the 350x? I guess it is true that some riders are better then others, like the quote, "95% ride, 5% machine, better make that 5% count" it goes a little somethin like that.

AtvMxRider
01-05-2004, 04:10 PM

Bullchit:rolleyes:

Atreyu
01-05-2004, 04:12 PM
Comes down to rider IMO.

LTandRaptorider
01-05-2004, 05:40 PM

and another country heard from... :rolleyes:

it's never a sure thing... unless the rider is terrible. ;)

AirManCam
01-05-2004, 06:27 PM
It is mostley rider I guess,but its not that hard to shift gears downt he road lol,but I guess it helps that I race too:rolleyes: The X has a pipe,jet,airfilter,20inch tires 14 tooth front sprocket and 36 rear.

buckNbanshee
01-05-2004, 08:32 PM
raptor everywhere