PDA

View Full Version : Any guitar players?

Moded86R
12-29-2003, 10:20 PM
I wouldn't really say I can play yet.But I am trying.

I was just wondering how long it took you guys to pick it up.I am having a pretty difficult time at it.I bought a book but it's pretty hard to understand.I was wondering if you guys have found any good movies or Dvd's that help you learn at home.

I really think I am going to stick this out and learn how to play.I like it alot.

So how many of you guys play?Or are trying to.

batgeek
12-29-2003, 10:24 PM
i've been trying to play for 12 years hehe. :)

my brother and Dad are d@mn good...i suck very much.

Pvt. Maggot
12-29-2003, 10:26 PM
i've been playin for almost a year...maybe..i'm not too bad i taught myself everything...if you have aim msg me and i'll hook you up with some good sites and stuff.

EvilJester400EX
12-29-2003, 10:31 PM
I've been playing since I was about 10. I'm 14 now, and still very horrible, lol. I can play a few songs, nothing too special though. I'm self taught. Tried taking the lessons but my teacher was a idiot.

FourFiftyFour
12-29-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by EvilJester400EX
I've been playing since I was about 10. I'm 14 now, and still very horrible, lol. I can play a few songs, nothing too special though. I'm self taught. Tried taking the lessons but my teacher was a idiot.

lol just dont buy a Gee-Tar like Richies that costs as much as a quad :huh :huh LMAO

EvilJester400EX
12-29-2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by CDaleChick
lol just dont buy a Gee-Tar like Richies that costs as much as a quad :huh :huh LMAO

I had a guitar and amp. once that costs more than the old Blaster I had. God I miss that guitar and amp.

03400EX_Nacs
12-29-2003, 11:55 PM
i have been playing a couple of weeks and i am pretty good i can play about 7 songs and i have my power cords down and can bar alot. i was taught by my brother who has been playing for 5 years. i think the very best thing you can do it get someone who can break it down for you that help me alot, and i video i have that helped me was Introduction to Electric Guitar For Begginers

Moded86R
12-29-2003, 11:57 PM
Mine cost 30 bucks from my cousin.It's an electric it works good with a little amp.he paid 100 bucks from a buddy of mine tryed it play it a few times.He did learn how to play a little bit of aerials.(system of a down)And then it sat until I asked what he was doing with it.

Since then my mom hasn't been able to sleep.As a matter of fact I think I am going to go try it again right now.

Pvt. Maggot
12-30-2003, 02:18 AM
alright...heres a little info...

your 6 strings are from low to high

EADGBE

when you pluck the string without touching the fret board that is a 0 used in tabbing songs...

the first fret is 1 and it gos up from there untill 24..follow?

alright..so when your first learning you can bar..then learn powercords...here is the beginning of aerials by SOAD not gonna sound perfect because you are barring and using standard tuning...which they don't lol.

D 320---532
A 320---532
E 320---532

tell me if you learn that...if you need any help...let me know...then i'll finish teaching you the rest...this is good for any beginning guitarist.

Max400
12-30-2003, 02:21 AM
Guitar Tab!!!! "Tablature" it is easier than reading music, find some easy 3 chord song and start that way.....thats how I learned, also get someone who knows how to play to show you a couple of easy songs to play and then you'll get the hang of it

www.playprosoft.com

www.ultimate-guitar.com

www.guitartabs.net

Check these out, also learn to tune your guitar by ear. It is easier to tune with a tuner, but tuning by ear will train your ear. Use a tuner to tune the top E string the tune the rest by ear, it's hard to explain how to do it but someone who plays can show you...

Good Luck

BlazingYamahaYz
12-30-2003, 09:12 AM
i have a friend that has been playing for 2-3 years, and hes awesome at it...he has 6 guitars(acoustic, electric, etc) and can play anything....he got a mic and other sound stuff and is recording some songs on the computer using Adobe Audition....

ledofthezep
12-30-2003, 09:23 AM
I've been playing for years now,...I'd say I'm alright. Nothing too special, I can play all kinds of **** & have written several of my own songs and have played live many times without anyone throwing **** at me.:p :D I took one, 20 minute lesson & then taught myself---got grounded my freshman year of high school for a couple months and that's how I spent my time & really started to play a lot. It's something to do when your bored if nothing else....best advise I could give anyone wanting to learn is practice, practice, & practice some more.

chucked
12-30-2003, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Pvt. Maggot
alright...heres a little info...

your 6 strings are from low to high

EADGBE

when you pluck the string without touching the fret board that is a 0 used in tabbing songs...

the first fret is 1 and it gos up from there untill 24..follow?

alright..so when your first learning you can bar..then learn powercords...here is the beginning of aerials by SOAD not gonna sound perfect because you are barring and using standard tuning...which they don't lol.

D 320---532
A 320---532
E 320---532

tell me if you learn that...if you need any help...let me know...then i'll finish teaching you the rest...this is good for any beginning guitarist.

isnt it drop D tuning and tuned down 1 and 1/2 steps?

chucked
12-30-2003, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by BlazingYamahaYz
i have a friend that has been playing for 2-3 years, and hes awesome at it...he has 6 guitars(acoustic, electric, etc) and can play anything....he got a mic and other sound stuff and is recording some songs on the computer using Adobe Audition....
just because hes got 6 guitars doesnt mean hes good, i got a cort acoustic, fender 12-string acoustic, washburn bass, ibanez electric, mexican strat acoustic, and a gibson electric

YLW400
12-30-2003, 03:42 PM
I try to play a little myself..

300expower
12-30-2003, 05:29 PM
www.mxtabs.net

very good site for tabs

i got to play bass, got a washburn xb-100

BlazingYamahaYz
12-30-2003, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by chucked
just because hes got 6 guitars doesnt mean hes good, i got a cort acoustic, fender 12-string acoustic, washburn bass, ibanez electric, mexican strat acoustic, and a gibson electric

i didnt mean cuz he has 6 guitars that makes him good :rolleyes: i meant he can play a variety of music on a variety of guitars...i gotta get some of his songs that he has started to work on so u guys can hear em...

TRX250R22
12-30-2003, 06:05 PM
I just got one for christmas, but i'v played my friends guitar's for a few months. I can't say im good but I can't say im tarrable, so im in between....haha oh yeah if your wondering how to play the System Of A Down song it goes like this...
D 3-2-0--5-3-2--3-5-7-8-7-5-3-2-0
A 3-2-0--5-3-2--3-5-7-8-7-5-3-2-0
E 3-2-0--5-3-2--3-5-7-8-7-5-3-2-0

i dont have a guitar infront of me but im pretty sure thats how it goes.

Like listed already www.mxtabs.net is an awesome tab site!:)

chucked
12-30-2003, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by BlazingYamahaYz
i didnt mean cuz he has 6 guitars that makes him good :rolleyes: i meant he can play a variety of music on a variety of guitars...i gotta get some of his songs that he has started to work on so u guys can hear em...
i was making a joke, i said that just because you have 6 guitars doesnt make him good and then i listed the 6 guitars that I own... :rolleyes: DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! jp

chucked
12-30-2003, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by TRX250R22
I just got one for christmas, but i'v played my friends guitar's for a few months. I can't say im good but I can't say im tarrable, so im in between....haha oh yeah if your wondering how to play the System Of A Down song it goes like this...
D 3-2-0--5-3-2--3-5-7-8-7-5-3-2-0
A 3-2-0--5-3-2--3-5-7-8-7-5-3-2-0
E 3-2-0--5-3-2--3-5-7-8-7-5-3-2-0

i dont have a guitar infront of me but im pretty sure thats how it goes.

Like listed already www.mxtabs.net is an awesome tab site!:)
and its tuned Drop D and down 1 whole step

450Racer
12-30-2003, 06:18 PM
i've been playing 3 hours a night for 2 years. i LOVE guitar. i can play master of puppes, some van halen (dance the night away, panama, little dreamer, ain't talkin bout' love), enter sandman, some other stuff. i love guitar. i have 2 computers. one of them is in my basement for recording songs. i have 10 full songs recorded. i have an Epiphone Flying-V and a Marshall Mode-4 Half Stack. if you like guitar, STICK WITH IT! i love it. i play everyday...before school, after school, at night, whenever i can...

the MUSTS of guitar

play your scales atleast 5 minutes everytime you play
pick up and down, not one way
use Elixir strings, they last forever and sound nice
practice a lot
play with songs you like
and get lessons

www.tabcrawler.com
www.guitaretab.com

they have good song tabs

chucked
12-30-2003, 06:22 PM
i love elyxirs

Moded86R
12-30-2003, 07:35 PM
I plan on sticking with it.I play before I go to bed.When I wake up.Anytime that I am bored.If I am not riding my 400ex.Or playing PS2.Or of course at work.

I will print this page out.So I can read what you guys said a little better.

Thanks.

TRX250R22
12-31-2003, 09:10 AM
I suggest to any newer players that are still ok with their guitar to learn some AC/DC (but not thunderstruct haha thats like crazy fast) But like Hells Bells, and Highway to Hell and stuff....good old tunes....ya i play my guitar at least 1 hour a day even though i suck its just fun to play

300expower
12-31-2003, 09:12 AM
try to play some blink 182 it's not so tough and fun to play i learned with that<

and some guttermouth it's pretty easy

as dumb as it might looks, some metallica songs are pretty easy (bass talking) and can be played quite well with only little practice, all you need is speed.

Roobus1
12-31-2003, 10:13 AM
I have been playing for over 10 years and am now in a band out of Chicago. You can check us out at www.bystandermusic.com

The songs that are up there now are old, but we just got back from a recording session in New York last week. So that means our new cd will be out and up on the site by February.

Download some songs. Let me know what you guys think.

thanks.

TRX250R22
12-31-2003, 01:59 PM
nice tunes man. lots of credit joining a band invalves lots of codmintment so good work. :macho

Roobus1
01-01-2004, 02:33 AM
thanks man. Yeah, it definitely is hard work. I see why bands break up. Never understood it until I was in a band myself. Just glad I can go ride my quad when I need a break from band crap.

Honda4trax250x
01-01-2004, 02:34 AM
i would love to learn guitar, but the problem is i am not musicaly skilled at all, i would suck:(

TRX250R22
01-01-2004, 11:09 AM
Hey man its worth a try. I cant play muic at all nither but i picked up at guitar and played it lots and now im getting pretty good. I suggest before you go spend like 500 bucks on one go to a friends or go to the music store and play it for a bit...you'll know it fou like it...and just to let you know you only suck because you have never tryed. Practice will fix that:D

JTRtrx250r
01-01-2004, 12:23 PM
My other passion is music,Im a drummer(16yrs)

Roobus1...Check these guys out,this is my buddys band(drummer) ,They kick ***!! 1 of their tunes will be on the Mx video game on their site,check it out ,and tell me what ya think;) :cool:

http://3against1.com/home.html

http://www.3against1.com/live.html :cool: :cool: :cool: :macho :macho :macho

TrailBreaker70
01-01-2004, 01:22 PM
I've been playin for a little while now and finally just got a pretty nice Fender strat. What kind of music do you guys like to play? Blues sounds best to me. LOL, you can teach yourself enough in a day to start a punk band. :p

TRX250R22
01-01-2004, 03:00 PM
I play lots of old music. And Tragicly Hip and AC/DC and so-on. I also like to play System Of A Down. If i were you learn songs like everybody hurts by REM on thoes styled songs.:)

chucked
01-01-2004, 05:39 PM
brain stew is the easiest freekin song i know how to play, and you can learn how to use natural harmonics with it too

TRX250R22
01-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Yeah...I Just tryed out a Bass Guitar for the first time tonight. Its amazing i love it. Im buying one this spring when i can afford it:bandit: haha ya and i wont have much money becuase I have a huge motor job to do on my R