PDA

View Full Version : Studding Tires

Toadz400
12-29-2003, 10:13 PM
Will it ruin your tires if you stud them and then remove the studs later? I have a doubt in my mind that if I use the same tires on dirt after removing the studs, they will eventually rip apart and I'll have to replace them. I want to make it to the ice drags this year with a friend, but I don't want to risk ruining my good holeshots on my Banshee.

Gillbilly
12-30-2003, 12:30 PM
I would recommend getting some used tires or buy some lower priced new,I went with turf tamers myself.Its way to much work to stud and then remove said studs.Also it will tear up your tires.

Toadz400
12-30-2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Gillbilly
Also it will tear up your tires.

Yea I thought so, my friend tells me it will not tear up your tires. I guess I'll just stop by the local Farm&Home and pick up some cheap tires and put studs in those. Thanks.

-Toadz

Chanman420q
12-30-2003, 03:13 PM
my friend studded his blaster stock tires and he still has them, he studs them every winter...... his are fine

skemp
12-31-2003, 12:42 AM
As long as the screws don't penetrate through the tire shell, you will be fine. Worst thing that could happen would be some small leaks. I don't see how your tires would be ripped up if you just ride with them on ice.

300expower
12-31-2003, 07:44 AM
actually i just pinned my prowedge cause we dont have a piece of snow on the roads, so i put metal screws on them, where the 'paddles' crosses, so they wont wear like **** when on asphalt beacause they are supporting on the metal screw...